Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadClosed Thread

Old 06/21/08, 03:02 PM   #121
DarkBlaze
Power Ranger

Send a message via AIM to DarkBlaze Send a message via MSN to DarkBlaze Send a message via Yahoo to DarkBlaze
Default Jungle Fury Feedback: No 'I' in Leader

Well, it seems the episode is on a cable service called RCN. Some has seen it already. Episode Description:
Quote:
Casey really has grown up from being a cub at Pai Zhuq. He's taken initiative and stepped up to being the leader of the group. But now with RJ as a ranger, things are a little different. Casey feels like a cub all over again. RJ tells him that Casey will always be the leader. And the team will always follow Casey.
SPOILERS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle_King_Ranger
basically during the ep. casey is upset and becomes unsure of himself when RJ starts giving orders. RJ also changes there training time without telling casy. later the rangers fight a stronger verison of the statue guards, mean while dai shi trains to unleash his next level of power, when master meow appears and trys to talk to jarod. basically he tells jarod the lion spirit is good and belongs with him (jarod) and to not let dai shi's evil surpress the lion's power. RJ tells casey the tiger spirit has always ment to the lead the other spirit animals not the wolf! than RJ and Casy join the others to defet the statues. after they defet them, dai shi starts looking for what he did with the map to the nexus. camli comments asking its witch nexus. dia says the rhino. she says the one with the key to the rhino ranger power? he says yes, the strongest spirit ranger power will be his.
Quote:
Originally Posted byRitoRevolto
RJ is training the rangers and is briefly a little more active in leading the team. Casey does not approve.

MOAR LAZOR KNEES!

Dai Shi trains some more to get his Zocato power thingy or whatever it's called, then gets a visitor...
Old 06/23/08, 09:16 PM   #122
DarkBlaze
Power Ranger

Send a message via AIM to DarkBlaze Send a message via MSN to DarkBlaze Send a message via Yahoo to DarkBlaze

I'm not in the mood for a big review so:

Well, the episode was one of my least favorites throughout the season so far. There were few exceptional scenes, but the main plot, and character focus was disappointing.

The fight scenes were nice (especially RJ's fights). Ironically I enjoyed Dai Shi's battle/training against the Rin Shi. Pretty intense if you ask me. Master Mao making an appearance was a cool touch, and it somewhat cleared the "Dai Shi/Jarrod" confusion. I really enjoyed the ending also. For these reasons, that's why I gave it a low 3.
Old 06/24/08, 07:36 PM   #123
LePage
Ranger In Training

You know? There's something very wrong when you start thinking that maybe Nick wasn't so bad.

This... This has got to be the worse episode of Jungle Fury yet. Worse than Good Karma Bad Karma. Why on earth was Casey thinking RJ was stepping into his territory? What's Casey beef? So RJ doesn't tell Casey they change practice time by an hour and Casey gets all mopey? He gets mad because RJ starts taking over in battle and giving basic orders? Dude, RJ BEEN DOING THIS ALL SEASON LONG! RJ wasn't overstepping his bourndies, he was just doing what has done all season long, guide the rangers, train them, etc.

Now this is the main problem with this episode, why on earth is Casey the leader? He an inexperience rookie. A cub. Both Lily and Theo have been at the academy for how long exactly? And RJ is a freakin' master. By all rights, Casey should not be leader. RJ should, or at the very least, one of the other two. Casey has never once came up with battle plans or strategies or told the team to train. Never! Why are the writers acting like he has? It would have been soooo better if they had never brought up this whole leadership thing because for the most part, the team seem to pretty much been on equal footing. It's like they only made Casey the leader because their under the belief of "Red Ranger's the leader because he's Red." Again, if anybody should be leading this team, it should be RJ or the other two.

RJ never did anything wrong, he was just doing what he always done before donning the spandex so I don't get why he admit he did. And Why? Because he's overexcited about being a ranger. Dude, you had a MORPHER in your cabinet for god knows how long that you decided to bust out now of all times! Yeah, I'm not even touching the whole Dai Shi thing. While I'll admit the the final scene with Fran and the others was cute, it just didn't save the episode.

This gets a 1/5.
Old 06/24/08, 10:52 PM   #124
Knightfall
Rider Power Member

I really wanted to like this episode.

I really wanted to like Casey.

But they've made it impossible here.

2/5

It wasnt the worst episode of JF though, theres still "Dance the Night Away" and "A Taste of Poison"
Old 06/25/08, 12:03 AM   #125
DarkBlaze
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightfall View Post
I really wanted to like this episode.

I really wanted to like Casey.
Likewise.
Old 06/25/08, 12:08 AM   #126
Knightfall
Rider Power Member

Old 06/25/08, 03:09 PM   #127
LePage
Ranger In Training

Default Jungle Fury Feedback: True Friends, True Spirits

Yep, the episode on Jetix.TV

U.S.: http://disney.go.com/dxd/index.html?channel=16953

Outside the U.S.: http://a.dolimg.com/media/en-US/dxd/...x700_31fps.swf
Old 06/25/08, 04:47 PM   #128
Knightfall
Rider Power Member

He just can't get over Flit
Old 06/25/08, 05:00 PM   #129
DarkBlaze
Power Ranger

Wow, what a breath of fresh air. Totally beats Monday's "ear aching" mess (sarcasm).

Once again, the episode starts off with a explosive battle. It's odd how every episode starting off with a battle this season, usually are the better episodes (Way of the Master, Ghost of a Chance I). It's a good thing they used NZ footage for werewolf scene, because it would have been odd seeing RJ wearing a leather jacket in the MZ.

I really don't care what anyone says...Flit=Awesome! I just love his play by plays for the MZ fights, the teaming-up two of Jungle Fury's best characters...speechless! The backflash scene with Flit fighting Camille *wonders if she'll go back to that hairstyle*; was nicely done. It only made Fli more of a character, and hopefully we'll see him change back in the end. They didn't do it Geki, but things might be different here.

The fight scenes in this episode, and the series as a whole, was quite impressive. I've grown to respect wire-fu more, and I like how they level out between wire and on-foot combat.

I echo what another member said on RB:
Quote:
The music was notably great. You could really feel a sense of determination when Theo and Lily were fighting the monster by themselves. And the sense of urgency in RJ's inner battle with the wolf spirit.
At last, Dai Shi is out on his own.

The ending was such fun. Period.

Well, as I said up above, this episode beats Monday's. 5/5. Rhino Ranger is next!
Old 06/25/08, 07:08 PM   #130
Sakura3
Power Ranger

Well I'm on my 7th straight Power Rangers. I'll be 5 behind this episode so that means I'll be seeing it soon on ABC.

I've watched Power Rangers dating back to Wild Force. (Which I'm finishing up)

After 6 shows it's good to see Disney do something differant with the Wolf Ranger.
Post New ThreadClosed Thread