Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10/05/06, 02:20 PM   #11
Tazz Davis
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Teleportation

teleportion was really great and now with no knowledge of other ranger planets i guess it will never be used again.
Tazz Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/09/17, 03:02 PM   #12
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazz Davis View Post
Something that i miss is the teleporting. I think that after turbo this became an unused means of transport. It seems that they just droped the ability. I mean what better way to move from one place to another quickly. For 5 seasons they used it then just droped it. WHY? To me teleporting was cool and it seemed like a great way to explain how the rangers showed up quickly at a battle.

I hoped that they would have brought it back at least for dino thunder but they didnt.
yea I miss teleportation as well but to be fair it makes sense why it went unused since it was a feature in the Command Center and Billy had tapped into it by accident and to be fair it makes sense why it was dropped so quickly yes it was an easy excuse to explain why the Rangers would show up so quick to battles but to be fair most teams had vehicles so having teleportation would be pointless if you have ground vehicles too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini Man View Post
i loved teleportation. It made life for the rangers easier and plus nobody could follow them to the power chamber/command centre.
to be fair that would be inaccurate since that's exactly how Elgar and Rygog found the location of the Power Chamber by following their teleportation steaks and in the case of the Command Center the power of teleportation was pointless since Rita, Zedd and all of their monsters knew where the Command Center was at they just couldn't enter it undetected but they would still be able to enter it but what the defense would be would be unknown since the defenses would be able to detect them.

Quote:
i really think that SPD should have had the ability consitering they were in the future...but maybe the technoligy came from zordon and with him gone its no more
I think it makes sense that they couldn't create the technology since Kat was technically a humanoid alien and she created civilian powers in 2001 because of an accident.

Quote:
the only real teleportaion i see is when they morph.
that's not teleportation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anakinjmt View Post
Yeah, with the Ninja Streak, you don't really need teleportation.

One way that would definitely explain how they get somewhere are the bikes they use. Like, Dino Thunder and Ninja Storm especially used their Raptor Cycles and Tsunami Cycles, respectively, a lot. If they're fast enough, they could do the trick.
exactly the Ninja Streaks are pretty much Ninja Storm's own teleportation system and remember that Cam did build his own teleportation system as well but he only used it in emergency situations since it wasn't that good.

exactly since Space had the Gliders, Galaxy had the Cycles and Jammers, Lightspeed had the Rescue Rover and Cycles, Time Force had the Eagle and Cycles, Wild Force had the Cycles, Ninja Storm had the Tsunami Cycles and the Ninja Glider Cycle, Dino Thunder had the Riders, Cycles and ATVs, etc. so that would indeed explain how they got to their battles so quickly not right away mind you except for in the case of the Rescue Rover and Time Force since Time Force also had the Time Jet as a vehicle in order to get to battles quickly but yes if it's a fast enough vehicle they could get to battles quick enough.

Quote:
turbo was cool and so was the two movies they used true CGI and really were the best teleporting. the look was perefect and i think that now it would look even better if they would bring it back.
I hated the CGI from the first movie and from the recent movie. I don't remember if they did CGI for the teleportation effects for the first movie or the Turbo movie though.

Quote:
teleportion was really great and now with no knowledge of other ranger planets i guess it will never be used again.
I think it's more the case that it needs to be someone who has knowledge of either Eltar or Aquitar in order for a team to have teleportation know-how as part of their arsenal and it also needs to be a team with someone who has the knowledge of how to correct any malfunctions with the system since it's like what we saw in Megaforce - Tensou teleported the team to their HQ but we never saw it again because of how bad they had landed after they had teleported within Gosei's HQ and Noah didn't have the knowledge to fix the issue and neither did Gosei or Tensou however even when Billy had tapped into the Command Center's teleportation system after he had built the Communicators it was known that Zordon had Alpha fix the malfunction so that they would work as he intended.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/10/17, 11:36 PM   #13
Kimberly Hart
Power Ranger

Its too bad that they got rid of teleportation It was such a big part of the eaely series.
Kimberly Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/11/17, 09:08 AM   #14
Decepticon
Ranger In Training

Its odd the show didn't keep it in some form. Since Ranger teams still need to instantly end up in other places.
Decepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/17, 12:41 PM   #15
Hailey Ziktor
Ranger In Training

I like how they introduced the portals in DT to give them an alternative to teleportation. I am surprised that the Neo Saban Seasons didn't bring back the original version of teleportation. Neither did the new movie.
Hailey Ziktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/17, 12:51 PM   #16
Spike Hart
Ranger In Training

I'm surprised they didn't bring it back in DT. They could have used that instead of the portals.Which were never fully explained.
Spike Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply