Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10/25/14, 09:47 PM   #1
redspdranger
Putty Patroller

Default Why Power Rangers Samurai Failed

Hi Friends. I actually watched power rangers samurai and super samurai when it started. Just like all of you i hated it from the beginning. The fights,the cast,the plot and season broken in two parts. New concept of discs. It did not work for me. But in the reruns i started seeing power rangers samurai for just the sake of seeing television. But slowly i started liking it. Then finally one day when i rushed in to see power rangers samurai i asked myself ! hey are you liking the season which you hated the most. The answer was yes. This season had the potential to become one of the best seasons.But due to some reasons it faltered. I will give my reasons down here

1.The cast was not so bad in fact, i found them glittering in patches.The problem was their acting was imbalanced. In some episode they are too good, in some they are almost like blank and bland. See a good cast can compensate the series mistakes. For example in Power Rangers SPD, if not for the cast i doubt if the series could have been a success.
2.Power Rangers Samurai showed lot of promise,Power Rangers Super Samurai faltered very badly. Too many upgrades made the series bad.
3.The new concepts did not get the audience vote.
4.Master Xandred attacks were truly great.Bringing in Serrator in Super Samurai and sidelining xandred for a majority of episodes did not make sense. I felt he was not so ruthless like master xandred
5.A couple of episodes were centered around finding discs which contains zord power. It was not interesting. Even if had been centered around the character the episodes could have gone well.
redspdranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/14, 01:33 PM   #2
mbozzo
Power Ranger

Default Re: Why Power Rangers Samurai Failed

I think that splitting the series into 2 seasons might have cause some harm to Samurai as well.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply