Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers Online Feedback And Requests > Zabitan's Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06/16/15, 11:07 AM   #201
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Zabitan's Magic Happy American Tokusatu Reviews

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at The Disk written by Mark Litton, and directed by Vickie Bronough.

So we start off with today's "My dad taught me" moment where Ryan talks about how he always hated it when his father had to leave.

We then go to an alleyway outside the Underground Voice Daily where a man, and his daughter are carrying a strange CD carrier that contains a CD.

The man doesn't want falling into the wrong hands, and we see one of Ziktor's secretaries spying on them.

The man, and his daughter go inside asking for the VR Troopers, and are Percy brags about knowing them Kaitlin takes them to her office.

The man explains that he's Dr Danielle Jacobson, and that his daughter is named Laurie, and he also explains that he's been doing virtual reality research in Norway.

And he has accidentally created something that could destroy the VR Troopers' powers forever.

At Ziktor industries his secretaries explain what's going on so he transforms into Grimlord, and orders his minions to steal Jacobson's disk.

Jacobson explains that he only made one copy of the disk that contains the Trooper Distruct Program, and Kaitlin arranges for them to meet the Troopers.

Then Percy tries to tag along but Kaitlin passes him off to her style article, and we get a comedy bit with a woman about to give him a makeover.

Back at the Dark Fortress Icebot informs him that they found Jacobson, and Oraclon recommends sending a mutant named Transgressor after them.

At the lab Ryan's father explains that Jacobson was his mentor who disappeared to Norway when Ryan was barely old enough to remember.

And he's been trying to invent a way to destroy Grimlord when he must have found a way to destroy the Troopers instead.

Kaitlin, the other Troopers, and Tyler meet Jacobson, and Laurie at the park, and Tyler, and Jacobson bond.

Jacobson shows them the disk but some teenagers on skateboards run him over, and turn out to be Skugs, Laurie runs off to safety.

What's cool about this Skug battle is that Tyler helps them fight the Skugs so we get Tyler, and the Troopers kicking Skugs, and throwing them.

Eventually JB kicks a Skug into a bench, and Kaitlin kicks another one into it destroying them.

And Tyler flips two Skugs over into a slide that Ryan kicked another Skug into destroying them as well.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/15, 11:08 AM   #202
Zabitan
Administrator

The Troopers take Jacobson to the lab but they don't know where Laurie is.

Jacobson explains that he has an old lab in Crossworld City that maybe Laurie is there so the Troopers go look for her.

Kaitlin goes back to the Underground Voice Daily, and asks Percy if he saw Laurie but he hasn't.

So she contacts the Professor who explains that JB hasn't found her either.

At the lab Jacobson explains how the Trooper destruct program works, and the Professor explains that there's a break in the reality barrier at Jacobson's lab.

Ryan goes to Jacobson's lab, and finds Laurie being held hostage by Doom Master, and a cage falls down on him, and spikes come out of the wall.

Not only that but Transgressor who's a weird green mutant with a skull like face, big eyes, and a drill for a hand appears, and destroys the lab while Doom Master escapes with Laurie.

Ryan transforms, and escapes from the cage, and informs everyone at the lab what's going on.

Grimstars, and Air Fighters appear so JB, and Kaitlin transform as well, and destroy the Air Fighters, and Grimstars with the Skybase.

Ryan tries to lure Transgressor away from Jacobson's computers, and Transgressor attacks Ryan with his drill.

Ryan kicks Transgressor, and fires his laser at him but it doesn't work, and Transgressor attacks him with his drill arm again.

At the lab a message from Grimlord's Dark Fortress comes in, and it's Doom Master giving Jacobson an ultimatum: The disk for Laurie.

Tyler asks if the disk is the only copy of the program, and when he says yes they agree to give them the disk.

Ryan hits Transgressor who's now carrying a giant hammer with his sword, and all of Grimlord's minions appear but JB, and Kaitlin fire on them.

Then Transgressor attacks Ryan with a mace so Ryan uses Laser Saber to destroy the mace, and Transgressor.

The Troopers meet Tyler, and Jacobson at the rendezvous site, and Doom Master appears with Laurie.

Tyler gives Doom Master the disk, and it self destructs.

At the Dark Fortress Grimlord once again shames his minions, and swears vengeance on the Troopers.

At the lab Tyler explains that he, and Jacobson are going to work together to find a way to permanently stop Grimlord.

But it requires that Tyler go to Norway with Jacobson, and Tyler, and Ryan have a father/son moment.

Anyway "I miss you dad (again)" the end.
Old 06/16/15, 11:09 AM   #203
Zabitan
Administrator

Final Thoughts

Today's episode was pretty good.

I liked that we learn that Tyler, and the Professor had a mentor of there own who worked with virtual reality technology.

I also liked the idea that he accidentally created something that could destroy the Troopers, and Grimlord wanted to get his hands on it.

I also liked that we get to see Tyler himself help during the Skug battle.

Really I think my only problem is that it points out one of my problems with Season Two.

Which is that they finally permanently rescued Tyler Steele from Grimlord but aside from a throwaway line from Tao in Game Over, and the message about the Troopertron from The Negative Factor he's been pretty non-existent until now.

When I think they missed a chance to have him further explain more about the VR Trooper powers, and Grimlord, and maybe even more bits about Ryan's life before Grimlord abducted Tyler.

Not to mention that up until now there hasn't been any big storylines for Season Two like there was the big one about rescuing Tyler Steele in Season One.

I liked Transgressor he was a cool monster with cool powers but, and here's a weird thing.

He represents another problem I have with Shaider monsters.

Which is that for everyone that is genuinely cool, and creepy looking like a lot of them have been actually.

You also either have ones that are goofy, and silly looking like Scissor Fist.

Or they don't know if they want to be silly, and goofy looking, or cool, and creepy looking, and as a result they look like some weird hodgepodge of both.

In this case Transgressor looks like a cool, and creepy monster with his weird green body, and skull like head.

But then he's got these huge cartoony eyes that look like at some point he was supposed to be a goofy, and silly monster.

I will say I can't think of anything that they took out from the Shaider episode they used aside from a spaceship battle that they replaced with JB, and Kaitlin's anyway.

Tune in next time for more Magic Happy VR Troopers Reviews.
Old 06/17/15, 04:19 PM   #204
Zabitan
Administrator

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at Virtual Venom written by Stewart St John, and directed by Vickie Bronough.

So we start off with today's "My dad taught me" moment where Ryan talks about the time his dad taught him to respect all living things.

We then go to a park where the Troopers, Jeb, and JB's nephew Sydney are going on a nature walk when Sydney decides to go exploring by himself.

A park ranger goes up to Sydney, and gives him what looks like a giant perfume bottle with a spider in it, and tells Sydney to show everyone.

When Sydney does just that the park ranger turns out to be Doom Master in disguise, and teleports, and the spider bites JB, and Kaitlin.

Ryan is able to brush it off but apparently it did something to JB, and Kaitlin because their eyes, and the bite marks are purple, and they're feeling weak.

At Ziktor industries Ziktor is watching the Troopers, and explains that the bite will make JB, and Kaitlin start aging.

Then he transforms into Grimlord, and congratulates Arachnobot a humanoid mutant in red, gold, and green armor with a green spider shaped helmet who's spider was the one that bit JB, and Kaitlin.

At the lab the Professor explains what's going on, and that if they don't cure JB, and Kaitlin they'll be a hundred within a day.

And he needs a sample of the spider's venom to make an antidote so he gives Ryan a device to find the spider.

At the Dark Fortress Doom Master, and Arachnobot have a sword duel to train, and Grimlord orders Arachnobot to destroy Ryan.

Grimlord also says that if Arachnobot destroys Ryan he'll have Doom Master's job as well, and there's a brief scene where Arachnobot shows Doom Master his spider.

Ryan goes to Tao dojo where Tao is sparring with Sydney, and Ryan explains what's going on.

Sydney wants to help but Ryan doesn't let him so when no one's looking he sneaks off to help Ryan anyway.

After a brief scene of Grimlord watching Ryan we see Ryan in the woods looking for the spider while Sydney spies on him, and Skugs ambush Ryan.

Not much happens other than the Skugs try to kick Ryan but he punches, and throws them.

So they transform into Ultra Skugs but Ryan just punches, and kicks them, and kicks two Ultra Skugs into each other but the other two capture him.
Old 06/17/15, 04:19 PM   #205
Zabitan
Administrator

Sydney then finds Ryan's device, and looks for him, and the spider while Ryan transforms to battle Arachnobot.

Arachnobot makes a trident appear, and he, and Ryan clash weapons so Arachnobot throws his trident but Ryan jumps over it but a loud noise weakens him.

At the lab JB, and Kaitlin want to help Ryan but the aging process is accelerating, and they're already elderly.

Ryan is still being weakened which gives Arachnobot a chance to attack him so Ryan summons the Skybase.

(and briefly becomes an all blue Spielban, and even half red Spielban), fires at Grimlord's minions, and escapes.

Sydney looks for the virtual spider, and falls down into an underground cave where the spider is but now he's trapped with it.

Ryan contacts the Professor who explains what's going on, and at the Dark Fortress Grimlord orders Arachnobot to send spider's after everyone on Earth, and the Professor informs Ryan.

Ryan fights off Ultra Skugs, and Vixens with his sword, so Arachnobot pulls out his own sword, and fights Ryan, and they shoot lasers at each other.

After a brief scene at the lab Arachnobot fires electricity at Ryan, and is about to finish him off but Arachnobot gets stabbed by Doom Master.

So Arachnobot shoots lasers at Doom Master which allows Ryan to hit him causing Arachnobot to be destroyed, and Doom Master to flee.

The Professor teleports Ryan to where Sydney is, and Ryan captures the spider, and saves Sydney then he goes to the lab, and the Professor creates an antidote, and it works.

While at the Dark Fortress Doom Master blames everything on Arachnobot, and Grimlord once again swears vengeance on the Troopers.

At Tao dojo JB is sparring with Sydney who has not only learned his lesson about running off but has also stopped collecting spiders.

Anyway Ryan sums up the moral of the day the end.
Old 06/17/15, 04:19 PM   #206
Zabitan
Administrator

Final Thoughts

Today's episode was bad.

On its own merits it's actually pretty good with the idea of Grimlord causing the Troopers to rapidly age.

And the only thing that they took out I think was just spaceship fights.

But then there's the fact that is one of those episodes where JB, and Kaitlin spend the entire episode untransformed.

Also once again saving them had nothing to do with actually destroying the monster.

But what really bugs me is that speaking of the monster I think my biggest problem is Arachnobot.

Not because I think he's a bad character per say but just because he looks more like he would be a high ranking minion rather than just an MOTD.

Especially since I actually liked his rivalry with Doom Master, and in Shaider he was even Doom Master's brother.

I know he was only in one episode but I still think they could have just got someone to play him in American footage.

Old 06/18/15, 12:02 AM   #207
Zabitan
Administrator

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at New World Order written by Peter Meech, and directed by Vickie Bronough.

So we start off with today's "My dad taught me" moment where Ryan talks about the time his dad taught him that the mind controls the body.

We then go to a bike shop where Ryan is introducing Kaitlin to some biker friends of his so she can do a story about a charity ride they're having.

Percy shows up, and the guys decide to do a practice ride, and give Ryan a new helmet while Percy tags along with Ryan.

But when Ryan puts on the helmet it does something weird to him because he tries to run over Kaitlin, and doesn't let Percy off.

At Ziktor industries One of Ziktor's secretaries gives him a helmet, and he explains that the helmet is really a mind control device.

Then he transforms into Grimlord, and brags about his latest plan, and Ivar says he has the perfect mutant for the job.

At Tao dojo JB kicks some boards when Kaitlin arrives, and Kaitlin explains what's going on.

JB, and Kaitlin go to the bike shop but Harris doesn't know anything but two bikers come up to them, and transform into Skugs.

Not much happens other than JB, and Kaitlin kick the Skugs a bit.

So they transform into Ultra Skugs but JB, and Kaitlin keep kicking them, and throwing them.

Kaitlin destroys her Ultra Skugs but JB's escape with a motorcycle.
Old 06/18/15, 12:03 AM   #208
Zabitan
Administrator

At the Dark Fortress Ivar shows Grimlord the motorcycle transforming into a red motorcycle themed mutant named Cycletron, and Grimlord orders him to lead the mind controlled bikers.

At the lab JB, and Kaitlin explain what's going on, and we see Percy being held hostage by Ryan, and the other mind controlled bikers.

All the while we see some Spielban footage of the bikers practicing, and Ryan leading the bikers for a run.

At the lab JB, and Kaitlin see Ryan, and the other bikers so they find him, and try to reason with him.

But Ryan's still under Grimlord's control, and summons some Skugs so JB, and Kaitlin transform.

JB, and Kaitlin punch, and kick Skugs, and Kaitlin summons her double.

But Cycletron transforms into his real form, and rams into JB, and the two Kaitlins before transforming back into bike form, and riding off.

One of the Kaitlins finds a helmet, and they figure out what's controlling Ryan, and the other bikers, and where they're at.

At the warehouse Percy is washing the floor, and tries to escape but fails.

JB, and Kaitlin arrive but Cycletron transforms into his true form, and Skugs appear.

So the two Kaitlins fight the Skugs while JB fights Cycletron but Cycletron once again transforms, and escapes.

JB gets the mind control helmet off Ryan, and they take the helmets off the other bikers, and JB chases after Cycletron.

But Air Fighters, and Quantum Cruisers fire on JB so he takes the fight to virtual reality.

The other Troopers, and Percy get the mind control helmets off all the bikers, and Ryan transforms to help JB who's being punched, and thrown by Cycletron.

Ryan destroys the Air Fighters, and Quantum Cruisers with Shoulder Cannon while JB, and Cycletron shoot lasers at each other.

So JB kicks Cycletron, and gets on his bike fires lasers, and destroys Cycletron with Laser Lance.

At the Dark Fortress Grimlord once again shames his minions.

Back at the bike shop Ryan, and the other bikers are getting ready for the charity ride, and we get one last comedy bit from Percy.

Anyway Ryan sums up the moral of the day the end.
Old 06/18/15, 12:03 AM   #209
Zabitan
Administrator

Final Thoughts

Today's episode was pretty good.

I liked the story with Grimlord trying to mind control people with bike helmets.

I also liked that Ryan was brainwashed since this is the second time we see Brad Hawkins play Evil Ryan, and this time it's actually him under Grimlord's control instead of just a clone.

I also liked Cycletron especially because he looked like an evil mutant version of Kamen Rider Drive.

I also liked how they still had Ryan transform even if it was just to destroy Air Fighters, and Quantum Cruisers.

And even then the only thing that I think they took out of the Spielban footage was some spaceship fights, and stuff with a villain they never adapted.

I also liked how they used Spielban footage for Ryan, and the other bikers when they were under Grimlord's control.

Old 06/19/15, 04:30 PM   #210
Zabitan
Administrator

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at Grimlord's Children written by Margo McCahon and directed by Vickie Bronough.

So we start off with today's "My dad taught me" moment where Ryan talks about the time his dad taught him that when you cheat the person who looses the most is you.

We then go to Tao dojo where the Troopers see a bunch of kids including a boy named Chad who does bad things, and lies about it.

A woman named Jane Johnson shows up, and she, and Tao explain that she's from a next door daycare center that has water damage, and they need the Troopers to take care of the kids.

At Ziktor industries Ziktor is watching the kids on his monitor, and once again has been reading from the Power Rangers villain playbook because he gets the idea to brainwash the kids.

Then he transforms into Grimlord, and explains his plan, and Icebot suggests a strange pink slug like mutant named Obatatron.

At Tao dojo the Troopers are trying to keep the kids under control when Percy shows up.

And we get a comedy bit where he actually gets under control until Jeb tells them to cover him in paint.

At the Dark Fortress Icebot shows Grimlord Obatatron sticking out his tongue, and blowing balloons out.

And Icebot explains that if children touch the balloons they'll be under Grimlord's control, and if adults touch them they'll be trapped.

At Tao dojo the kids are finally under control, and Kaitlin reads them Pinocchio but Chad runs off, and wanders into Obatatron who sends a balloon after Chad so he runs away.

The Troopers look for Chad, and JB finds him but by then the balloon has stopped chasing Chad so JB doesn't believe him.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
episode discussion, vr troopers