Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > VR Troopers Online > VR Troopers Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/18/14, 11:56 AM   #1
Silver Phoenix
Putty Patroller

Default Season 2 is when VR Troopers got good

I think it was season 2...when the villains and Troopers got upgrades (using Shaider as material)...that's when VR Troopers got even better for me. Of course, it was the Vixens that I liked most...didn't see enough american footage of them in battle though..

VR Troopers was much more mature in content than PR...Ryan, Kaitlin and JB were obviously portrayed as young adults with jobs...the martial arts fights were more intense and it just seemed deeper than PR.
Silver Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/14, 04:19 PM   #2
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Season 2 is when VR Troopers got good

See I think it's one of those things like how other people talk about Batman Returns where everything that was good about the first one is better but everything bad is worse.

For example I like how Ryan's Shaider armor makes him look like the other Troopers, and his new vehicles, and weapons, and how since there's only a few Shaider villains it's easier to tell which role their supposed to be, and all the new dimensions, Troopertron, and the fact they still keep some stuff from season one like Battle Grid mode, resolved the Ryan's missing father stuff.

At the same I thought the monsters looked silly compared to the first season which probably wouldn't bother me so much if they still didn't keep using Bot or Tron as suffixes, and they they tried to make their own monsters but they looked crappy and still used monsters from Metal Hero anyway, they started all these plots but hardly finished them.

And they used Battle Grid mode but only two times, once in the Battle Grid but it was just recycled footage from The Dojo Plot, and and once with new footage but in a place besides the Battle Grid and they didn't even fight, and both times Ryan still had his season one Battle Grid suit despite having new powers.

I'm sure there's more but I can't think of it for now.
Zabitan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/14, 08:31 PM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: Season 2 is when VR Troopers got good

It was nice to get more original villains's and an America created base. But for some reason I always thought Season one Grimlord was far more intimidating. His army looked more impressive and scary. Granted the footage was clearly Metal Hero and old. So i can see why they went more original.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply