Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/28/11, 06:49 PM   #1
Zabitan
Administrator

Default The Official Shmups thread

I want to know if anyone here is a fan of the old Raiden and Gradius type shooter game genre. I ask because I myself am a shooter game fan and am curious if anyone else is.

If so what are your favorite games, and which do you prefer Horizontal or Vertical scrolling?

Personally I like:

Robo Aleste, and MUSHA because you can pilot a giant robot in the Sengoku period.

Silpheed, Raycrisis, and Einhander because of how they use camera angles to make it 3D but still have 2D gameplay.

Kolibri which is basically Ecco the Dolphin if it were a shmup, and you played as hummingbird

The Guardian Legend, and Sigma Star Saga because they combine two of my favorite genre's (Zelda esque action adventure, and shmups)

Cyvern because you control cyborg dragons

Goukujou Parodius because it's a parody on Gradius, and it has a lot of characters to play as including Goemon, and Kid Dracula which if you believe Castlevania fan theories means you play as Alucard in a Gradius game which even if it's just in a parody game is awesome.

As for Vertical vs Horizontal I prefer vertical ones since they feel more open then horizontal ones though I still enjoy horizontal ones when I play them.

Last edited by Zabitan; 05/31/12 at 07:26 PM.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/11, 07:35 PM   #2
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Default Re: The Official Shmups thread

I have never heard of what you're talking about.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/11, 08:01 PM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: The Official Shmups thread

I was never big into shooter games. I've played a little Duke Nukuum, Wolfinstine, and Doom. Only casually tho.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply