Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03/20/15, 10:59 PM   #1
Usagi Reborn
Power Ranger

Default Why do people still defend Kimberly?

Why is Kat considered the bad guy by some? Why do people defend Kimberly, after the way she heartlessly dumped Tommy. It makes no sense to me.
Usagi Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/20/15, 11:04 PM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Why do people still defend Kimberly?

I completely agree it doesn't make any rhyme or reason or even realm of sense to me at all.

Kimberly wasn't always the best character and her letter to Tommy certainly proved how heartless she was.

Kat was actually there for Tommy like a true caring friend would and should be there for them. She was willing to do whatever it took to help him through Kimberly's cold-hearted break-up with him even if it meant trying to set up a date with Heather even despite her own feelings for him. I can't see Kimberly acting doing something like that.

On top of all of that when Zordon pretty much told the team that they needed to go to the Cave of Deception in order to get the Zeo Crystal Tommy volunteered to go and get it and Kat instantly volunteered to go as a decoy so that he could go and get the Crystal. Kimberly herself wouldn't have been that quick to volunteer to go to such a dangerous place and she certainly wouldn't have offered herself up as bait.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/20/15, 11:22 PM   #3
A Gia To Remember
Power Ranger

I liked them both. I don't like to get caught up in the Kat versus Kim debate. I think they were both good people. Sure Kim made a mistake but I am sure she was sorry about it later. Tommy and Kim seemed on good terms in the Turbo Movie.
A Gia To Remember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/15, 04:51 PM   #4
Superhero Galaxy
Ranger In Training

Its because Kimberly is one of the more beloved characters on the show. A lot of fans relate tl her and followed her from the begginning. Kat came second and is unfairly compared to Kim. Very few people have anything bad to say about Kim. But I don't sense a lot of people that actually hate Kat.
Superhero Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/15, 04:52 PM   #5
Astronema
Power Ranger

Kat was my favorite Pink Ranger until Karone. But I though Kim was fine. I liked Trini better though.
Astronema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/15, 04:52 PM   #6
Trini Kwan
Putty Patroller

well theirs also a lot of fans out there including myself that thinks the letter is fake and that Kat had something to do with it. i mean hello we are talking about the girl who was originally evil.
Trini Kwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/15, 04:54 PM   #7
KimandTommy
Power Ranger

Yeah the letter was probably a fake. Probably from Rita. But I wouldn't be surprised if Kat wrote it.
KimandTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/15, 04:59 PM   #8
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Kat tried to console Tommy and tried to help him get back with Heather. Why would she write the letter and be so selfless after that. Tommy could have been hers butshe more worried about being a good friend.

Kim made a mistake. She probably didn't want to face him and mistakingly thought writing a letter would be better for his feelings. I am sure she regreted it. It doesnt make her a bad person. She just is only human. Remember the Zeo Rangers were still teenagers.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/15, 06:53 PM   #9
Calamity Kimberly
Ranger In Training

I don't hate Kat or think she was evil. I just like Kim better. I am disapointed she wrote the letter instead of calling him or something. I would say Tommy made a big mistake reading it in public. I don't doubt Kim still cared for Tommy as a friend.
Calamity Kimberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/22/15, 12:24 PM   #10
Chef Mia
Comic Relief

Kimberly is one of the best Pink Rangers ever. Not many Pink Rangers can beat her. I don't see why anyone would say anything bad about her. She didn't mean to hurt Tommy but didn't know how to tell him. Its not like she could see him face to face.
Chef Mia is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply