Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/01/18, 05:39 PM   #11
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Was it offensive that Zack was Black Ranger?

I don't think Zack being Black was meant to be offensive obviously it could be construe that way but I don't think that's what they intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothor's Revenge View Post
I think it was a pretty dumb move. Even if they didn't realize it at first. At least they haven't repeated the mistake.
I don't think they meant to do it. They probably weren't even thinking about it in fact I heard this story not sure how true this is but I heard this story that David was cast as Zack and Walter was cast as Billy but Walter begged the crew to be Zack since he didn't want to be Billy and while Saban hasn't repeated the mistake the show itself has unless you're forgetting a certain thief from Overdrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam White Tiger View Post
Most people consider Adam the MMPR Black Ranger anyway.
please don't be delusional by most people you just mean pretty much you. Zack is generally seen by the masses as MMPR Black due to nostalgia regardless of whether people even know about Adam or not. More fans see Adam as a Zeo Ranger than anything else.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/18, 07:54 PM   #12
Bandora's Ghost
Ranger In Training

This is interesting.I never knew about the Billy and Zack originally being Walter and David. At least the rumor of it anyway.
Bandora's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/18, 07:55 PM   #13
Lothor's Revenge
Comic Relief

That is true Will was OO black I forgot. I am surprised Disney cast him as black.
Lothor's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/18, 08:16 PM   #14
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
I think it was a pretty dumb move. Even if they didn't realize it at first. At least they haven't repeated the mistake.
Quote:
That is true Will was OO black I forgot. I am surprised Disney cast him as black.
I'm not since they don't care what people think except for in some cases.
Old 02/02/18, 12:59 PM   #15
Disney Ranger
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
I'm not since they don't care what people think except for in some cases.
Disney cares a lot. They are a company that isn't about money and only want to make their fans happy. One of the reasons they sold PR back to Saban was because they honesty PR fans wanted that. Unfortunately the fans didn't realize PR was better off with Disney. Who would have brought Power Rangers back better than ever if they remained owners.
Disney Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/02/18, 01:17 PM   #16
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam White Tiger View Post
Most people consider Adam the MMPR Black Ranger anyway.
Adam is well loved. But is remembered for being Adam. Not any Ranger color that he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ranger View Post
Disney cares a lot. They are a company that isn't about money and only want to make their fans happy. One of the reasons they sold PR back to Saban was because they honesty PR fans wanted that. Unfortunately the fans didn't realize PR was better off with Disney. Who would have brought Power Rangers back better than ever if they remained owners.
Disney is a billion dollar corporation that cares about making money over anything else. Disney felt they weren't going to get anything else out of PR Live Action and shut it down.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/02/18, 01:24 PM   #17
Captain Mutiny
Power Ranger

Considering we have only had two African American Black Rangers, its hard to say anyone is doing it on purpose.
Captain Mutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/02/18, 03:21 PM   #18
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ranger View Post
yea they care so much that they were willing to allow a gay couple in "Good Luck Charlie" or a gay character in Beauty and the Beast. Did you forget about how much controversy that stirred up? yet they weren't backing down from it.
Disney was the one who despised Power Rangers and hated the idea of even having it in its possession.
Old 02/03/18, 08:37 PM   #19
Disney Ranger
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
yea they care so much that they were willing to allow a gay couple in "Good Luck Charlie" or a gay character in Beauty and the Beast. Did you forget about how much controversy that stirred up? yet they weren't backing down from it.
Disney was the one who despised Power Rangers and hated the idea of even having it in its possession.
Disney is a very inclusive company. They don't want any ethinic group or sexual orientation to feel excluded. I applaud them for that.
Disney Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply