Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10/27/14, 11:07 PM   #1
Battletoads
Shadow Ranger

Default Some things I want to clear up with MMPR + Sentai

Admin Note: I manually ported these posts over from another board since I found the thread interesting enough so I thought it'd be a nice topic to discuss on. Now that's the end of my note.

Ok, so I'm well aware PR uses sentai footage but when it comes to MMPR and it's use of sentai, I get a little confused because their seasons don't correspond.

So here's what I believe, and correct me if i'm wrong (I'm sure I am)

MMPR season 1 uses most of the footage from Zyuranger. 60 episodes, how could you not?

MMPR season 2 uses mainly original unmorphed footage, some extra zyuranger footage, and some dairanger footage (only white ranger fights?) and uses only dairanger zord footage

MMPR season 3 uses mostly/all original unmorphed footage & ninjas and uses only kakuranger zord footage

MMAR uses only kakuranger footage

And of course PR fills in the holes with their own morphed footage as well

Is this correct?
Old 10/27/14, 11:11 PM   #2
JustCallMeThePinkRanger
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Some things I want to clear up with MMPR + Sentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battletoads View Post
MMPR season 1 uses most of the footage from Zyuranger. 60 episodes, how could you not?
Yes season 1 uses footage from Zyuranger and additional zyuranger footage shot exclusively for Power Rangers (zyu2 as they call it)

Quote:
MMPR season 2 uses mainly original unmorphed footage, some extra zyuranger footage, and some dairanger footage (only white ranger fights?) and uses only dairanger zord footage
Actually pretty much none of the White Ranger fights are from Dairanger. His sentai footage is pretty much limited to summoning the Tigerzord and piloting the Tigerzord. His solo scenes in Rocky just wants to have fun is the only episode I can think of where they used footage from Sentai. Also starting with Missing Green several of the monsters appear only in Dairanger footage. If you see a monster never make direct contact with the Rangers or appear on screen at the same time, its because its Dairanger footage being spliced in with American footage of the Rangers. Serpentera is also Dairanger footage.

Quote:
MMPR season 3 uses mostly/all original unmorphed footage & ninjas and uses only kakuranger zord footage
Some scenes with Master Vile are taken from Kakuranger footage, and I think they may have used kakuranger footage of Rito a few times (outside of zord battles) but otherwise yes.

Quote:
MMAR uses only kakuranger footage
Pretty much yes

Quote:
And of course PR fills in the holes with their own morphed footage as well
Yes, though it took them about 50 episodes before they started filming their own morphed fight scenes. Otherwise they only appeared morphed for command center scenes or to show them interact with civilians so there isn't a disconnect.

This site http://sirstack.db-destiny.net/morphylogeny/main.htm will help you a lot, it tells you where the footage was taken from in each episode, including Power Rangers stock footage
JustCallMeThePinkRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/27/14, 11:12 PM   #3
Digifiend 2
Shadow Ranger

Day of the Dumpster through to Doomsday is Zyuranger. There's a couple of episodes with recycled footage, and one with a previously unused Dora Monster, and then they start using the Zyu2 footage, which lasts until Green No More in season 2. The zord scenes from The Mutiny onwards were replaced with Dairanger footage, causing the monsters to never be in the same shot as the Thunder Megazord, since the footage was originally using Megazord, Dragonzord and/or Ultrazord. Missing Green through to Blue Ranger Gone Bad is Dairanger, with almost all ground fights either using the same splicing previously used for Megazord fights, or totally refilmed. A Friend in Need is US footage combined with a Kamen Rider Black RX episode. Ninja Quest part 1 is spliced from Zyu, Dai and Kakuranger. The Thunderzord destruction is US footage. Part 2, with no morphed scenes, is all US. Part 3 onwards is a mix of Kakuranger and original footage.
Old 10/27/14, 11:13 PM   #4
JustCallMeThePinkRanger
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
and one with a previously unused Dora Monster,
2. Both Rita Seed of Evil and Lions and Blizzards use previously unused monsters from Zyuranger.
Old 10/27/14, 11:14 PM   #5
Battletoads
Shadow Ranger

Ok, thanks for clearing that up

One more question though.

I'm just reading this off PR wiki so I don't know the full context, but how was titanus (whom I believe was exclusive to Zyuranger) able to combine with the ninjazord and shogunzord in those MMPR 3 episodes?
Old 10/27/14, 11:15 PM   #6
JustCallMeThePinkRanger
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Ok, thanks for clearing that up

One more question though.

I'm just reading this off PR wiki so I don't know the full context, but how was titanus (whom I believe was exclusive to Zyuranger) able to combine with the ninjazord and shogunzord in those MMPR 3 episodes?
They used the toys. If you noticed when Shogun Zord combines with Titanus its white arm inexplicably turns Pink because Bandai had the White Shogun Zord as pink
Old 10/27/14, 11:16 PM   #7
MagnumArtero
Shadow Ranger

A couple of quick questions on this matter.

1) Was every ground battle scene featuring Kibaranger alongside the Zyurangers produced in the United States?

2) If the answer to question 1 is yes, then can we assume that the rangers and villians never appeared in the same frame shot?
Old 10/27/14, 11:17 PM   #8
Cmdr Crayfish
Shadow Ranger

That logic makes no sense to me. Yes, every scene of the White Ranger-led Power Rangers together is American exclusive, but a bunch of Dairanger monsters had US fights staged against them. It's not like EVERY monster fight in the second season was as "we clearly do not have this suit ourselves" as Photomare.
Old 10/27/14, 11:17 PM   #9
MagnumArtero
Shadow Ranger

So then they got American actors into the costumes in order to the stage the fight... I mean, that does make more sense.
Old 10/27/14, 11:18 PM   #10
Nebula Ranger
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumArtero View Post
A couple of quick questions on this matter.

1) Was every ground battle scene featuring Kibaranger alongside the Zyurangers produced in the United States?

2) If the answer to question 1 is yes, then can we assume that the rangers and villians never appeared in the same frame shot?
Cmdr Crayfish has already answered your question but just so you know, you are not supposed to bump i.e. post new posts in threads that are over 3 months old. it's against the rules. Please remember that next time. Can one of the mods please lock this thread?

Admin Note: Remember that this thread was manually ported over from another board. Other boards may have rules against bumping but we do not.
Nebula Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply