Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/17/15, 09:24 PM   #1
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Power Rangers What ifs?

Saw this on Rangerboard, and decided to post it here.

I'll go with what if either Season Two, Zeo, or In Space got a movie?

What if Kyoryuger got skipped instead of Go Buster?

What if either Bioman or Jetman was the first Power Rangers?

What if Power Rangers had crossovers with all the other Saban superhero shows?

What if instead of Beetle Borgs suits the Machine Empire generals from Forever Red where the Battle Grid mode suits from VR Troopers?

What if Trent was the mentor in Dino Charge?

What if an amusement park somewhere had some motion ride/fmv game esque attraction based on a Megazord where you sit in some chair, and play a video game, and watch clips while the Megazord moves in place for a bit.

What if Power Rangers adapted the Super Hero Wars movies?

What if they only adapted Goseiger for Megaforce, and Gokaiger was it's own season but the story was essentially Gokaiger the American version meets however much they could get away with storywise from Akiba Ranger?
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/15, 01:41 AM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Power Rangers What ifs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabitan View Post
What if Kyoryuger got skipped instead of Go Buster?
then they'd be going through the motions with a Go-Busters adaptation and likely having an American version of any human villains instead of adapting the ones from Go-Busters but they would still use Kyoryuger stuff for '17 and '18 as a new season.

Quote:
What if either Bioman or Jetman was the first Power Rangers?
then things would be far different and the show would likely already be canceled.[/quote]

Quote:
What if Power Rangers had crossovers with all the other Saban superhero shows?
something that I'm disappointed with them not doing since they had one with Alternate Masked Rider and the Alternate Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation but they really should've add one with the Beetleborgs and especially the VR Troopers I think a teamup would've worked a lot better with the VR Troopers.

Quote:
What if instead of Beetle Borgs suits the Machine Empire generals from Forever Red where the Battle Grid mode suits from VR Troopers?
oh gosh no that's a nightmare that I don't want to picture.

Quote:
What if Trent was the mentor in Dino Charge?
Definitely not he's not Mentor material so that wouldn't work. Rangers that I can see as Mentor material well out of the ones that are not official Mentors would include Billy, Jason Lee, Adam Park, T.J, Kendrix, Maya, Mike, Ryan, Dana, Carter, Jen, Taylor, Cam, Sky, Leanbow, Rose and that's pretty much it. I don't see any of the Rangers from Dino Thunder out of Kira, Conner, Ethan and Trent being Mentor material.

Quote:
What if an amusement park somewhere had some motion ride/fmv game esque attraction based on a Megazord where you sit in some chair, and play a video game, and watch clips while the Megazord moves in place for a bit.
If you mean it's like you're controlling the zord or Megazord then that would be cool.

Quote:
What if Power Rangers adapted the Super Hero Wars movies?
I'd be for that but I don't think it would do much to change anything within a season.

Quote:
What if they only adapted Goseiger for Megaforce, and Gokaiger was it's own season but the story was essentially Gokaiger the American version meets however much they could get away with storywise from Akiba Ranger?
No I can't really see Saban ever allowing anything to do with Akibaranger but I could've seen them adapting Goseiger and Gokaiger as separate seasons if Gokaiger had lined them right with the 20th anniversary and Goseiger had lined them just a couple years before then.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/15, 10:34 AM   #3
Zabitan
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
No I can't really see Saban ever allowing anything to do with Akibaranger but I could've seen them adapting Goseiger and Gokaiger as separate seasons if Gokaiger had lined them right with the 20th anniversary and Goseiger had lined them just a couple years before then.
You're probably right I just thought maybe something that footage wise was %100 Gokaiger but plot wise maybe the American Gokaiger are like a cross between the Japanese Gokaiger, and the Akibaranger.

Like a bunch of random friends who are really big Power Rangers fans including a guy who dresses and acts like a pirate, and a girl who dresses and acts like a princess.

Anyway

Here are some more

What if David Lynch directed Power Rangers?

What if Power Rangers had an episode where it starts normally but later in the episode the monster interrupts the fight to rant about how their real name is Gliback Zambolar, and that calling a Zandozan Spikeface or Terrorhorn, etc is like calling a black person the N word?

What if Power Rangers had an episode that was a takeoff of John Carpenter's The Thing?

What if Mighty Morphin kept the idea from Zyuranger of the Megazord being a living being, and hired Peter Cullen to play him?

What if Jamie Kennedy did VR Troopers, and Power Rangers adapted the henchmen from Kakuranger, and Jamie Kennedy still did the Scream movies?

What if Thrax showed up in Power Rangers during the Zordon era but they used footage of Kai from Zyuranger, and later Akomaru from Dairanger, and his voice was Wendee Lee doing her T.K. voice?

What if Saban got the rights to adapt Kamen Rider Kuuga in 2001, and with a shared universe with Power Rangers, and any future Kamen Rider adaptations?

What if they adapted evil Torin but as a one off MOTD from a random stand alone filler episode, and his story was that he was a character from some non copyright infringing version of Five Nights at Freddy's?
Old 06/08/16, 11:46 PM   #4
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
You're probably right I just thought maybe something that footage wise was %100 Gokaiger but plot wise maybe the American Gokaiger are like a cross between the Japanese Gokaiger, and the Akibaranger.

Like a bunch of random friends who are really big Power Rangers fans including a guy who dresses and acts like a pirate, and a girl who dresses and acts like a princess.
that would be an interesting idea.

Quote:
Anyway

Here are some more

What if David Lynch directed Power Rangers?
it wouldn't change anything. Directors have no power when directing an episode other than deciding how to shoot things if the Executive Producers or writers don't give them any info about how they want it shot.

Quote:
What if Power Rangers had an episode where it starts normally but later in the episode the monster interrupts the fight to rant about how their real name is Gliback Zambolar, and that calling a Zandozan Spikeface or Terrorhorn, etc is like calling a black person the N word?

What if Power Rangers had an episode that was a takeoff of John Carpenter's The Thing?
then the show would be banned because of a character using a naughty word.

Quote:
What if Mighty Morphin kept the idea from Zyuranger of the Megazord being a living being, and hired Peter Cullen to play him?
then they would need voice actors for the other 6 as well since the mecha usually spoke regardless of what formation they were in. I don't know who Peter Cullen is but they probably would've went bankrupt if they had hired him and then they wouldn't have been able to afford any additional seasons.

Quote:
What if Jamie Kennedy did VR Troopers, and Power Rangers adapted the henchmen from Kakuranger, and Jamie Kennedy still did the Scream movies?
I don't know who Jamie Kennedy is so I can't really say how that would've gone but I could've seen Power Rangers adapting the blue foot soldiers from Kakuranger in fact I used to always think that they were actually Master Vile's foot soldiers in the show he just never brought them with him since he needed beings to keep control in his home galaxy while he was away.

Quote:
What if Thrax showed up in Power Rangers during the Zordon era but they used footage of Kai from Zyuranger, and later Akomaru from Dairanger, and his voice was Wendee Lee doing her T.K. voice?
I personally would've wanted something like that but definitely not the situation of them dubbing over a human like they did with Rita, Scorpina, those Abaranger actors in that one Dino Thunder episode and Mystic Mother but definitely not with Wendee Lee using her T.K. voice. She's capable of doing thousands of various voices and her T.K. voice wouldn't ever remotely sound threatening.

No to Akomaru though.

Quote:
What if Saban got the rights to adapt Kamen Rider Kuuga in 2001, and with a shared universe with Power Rangers, and any future Kamen Rider adaptations?
I've actually been dying for this since it would give them more of an opportunity to create original crossover footage like they used to do instead of copying stuff from Sentai.
I do recall that Chip had said in an interview that he was definitely interested in bringing back previous Rangers.

Quote:
What if they adapted evil Torin but as a one off MOTD from a random stand alone filler episode, and his story was that he was a character from some non copyright infringing version of Five Nights at Freddy's?
I don't know anything about that Five Nights thing but it doesn't sound like it will be happening since
SPOILER:
Doomwing was apparently revealed already as a creature that isn't a monster-of-the day-being since other channels elsewhere have been airing the rest of Dino Super Charge.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/10/16, 12:43 AM   #5
Zabitan
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
then the show would be banned because of a character using a naughty word.
What if they didn't actually say the n word but just compared the situation to someone calling someone the n word.
Post New ThreadReply