Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06/21/15, 10:57 PM   #1
ShadowThePika
Putty Patroller

Default Is Power Rangers even Good?

So are most seasons of Power Rangers bad? so many are considered bad by so many people. MMPR (either season 1 or 2), Turbo, Wild Force, Mystic Force-Jungle Fury, Samurai - Super Mega. Atleast 10 generally considered to not be good entries. Then personal opinion plays in. many think SPD, Lightspeed and Lost Galaxy are bad. I think Zeo and Dino Thunder are bad. so it makes me wonder; is power rangers even good? do we accept most suck and just enjoy the ones we like? why are we fans if most of what we like isn't good?

obviously I still like many seasons, but is it enough to be called a fan if I also hate/dislike MANY seasons?
ShadowThePika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/15, 10:59 PM   #2
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo
Default Re: Is Power Rangers even Good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowThePika View Post
So are most seasons of Power Rangers bad? so many are considered bad by so many people. MMPR (either season 1 or 2), Turbo, Wild Force, Mystic Force-Jungle Fury, Samurai - Super Mega. Atleast 10 generally considered to not be good entries. Then personal opinion plays in. many think SPD, Lightspeed and Lost Galaxy are bad. I think Zeo and Dino Thunder are bad. so it makes me wonder; is power rangers even good? do we accept most suck and just enjoy the ones we like? why are we fans if most of what we like isn't good?

obviously I still like many seasons, but is it enough to be called a fan if I also hate/dislike MANY seasons?
Because they still have punching and kicking and robots and aliens and pretty colors and ADR.

It's cheesy, it's weird, it's uncomplicated, and most importantly, it's niche. Power Rangers doesn't hold up against most children's storytelling, especially in today's day and age, but it's literally the only thing like it in the western world, and as a fan of the genre, I could never get enough if I tried.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/15, 10:59 PM   #3
MastaDan2
Putty Patroller

I genuinely like every single episode of Power Rangers to some degree. I've never been bored by it. I like every season, even my least favorites.
MastaDan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/15, 11:01 PM   #4
Titanium321
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Titanium321

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowThePika View Post

As a franchise, PR is good. Individually, like anything, it can vary. Sometimes there are amazingly well done series, sometimes it feels like it was just cranked out to get it out.

There is a difference between liking a series and a series being objectively good though. There are objective criteria any tv show or story can be critiqued on that opinion has little bearing on. Such as cinematography, direction, choreography, effects, acting, dialogue, these things can be rated and compared to get an objective rating of good or bad production. All before worrying about subjective opinions on the series.
Titanium321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/15, 11:02 PM   #5
Oceanblue
Putty Patroller

I wouldn't be a fan of something if I didn't think it was "good."

Shows like Buffy, Charmed, Scrubs, Friends, etc. all have their "good" and "bad" seasons depending on the viewer -- our opinions are just more extreme because our seasons have different characters, actors, visual motifs, etc.
Oceanblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/25/15, 03:44 PM   #6
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

Everyone has their preferences when it comes to the franchise as a whole; Some like ONLY MMPR and consider everything after to be inferior. Some like the After-Zordon era seasons, but hate the Disney ones, or some love the disney ones only.

Personally, the only season i dislike is Mystic Force, but I don't hate it, i don't consider it a 'bad season' in that the entire season is horrible. There are just certain elements about it I didn't dig, but some elements I did enjoy greatly.
The Ghost Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/15, 12:36 PM   #7
Adam White Tiger
Power Ranger

I think Power.Rangers is a very good show overall. Sometimes they just make mistakes.
Adam White Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply