Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadClosed Thread

Old 03/06/08, 05:55 PM   #31
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

This one had way too much squashed in, which made every element of it fall short. New upper-crust monsters, Dai Shi's declaration battle, Lily protecting Casey, the Strike Rider introduction... it was dizzying. I was also disappointed the bike finisher had to rip off Gingaman/Lost Galaxy's, but the splitting in half and eating those Rinshi was pretty cool.

I haven't lost all hope yet, but that was quite weak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX
I wonder who the female voice was in the beginning. The one that introduced the monsters as Camille watched.
That was Camille...
Old 03/11/08, 05:52 PM   #32
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Default Jungle Fury Feedback: Can't Win Them All

Still no thread? Wow, this board's really catching on...

Anyway, worlds better than last week. Even though the "I give up!" storyline in the Kalish era is beyond overused, RJ ended up bringing something new to the table. His way of showing Theo why he lost his confidence and how to get it back was the best PR pep talk I've seen in years.

The battle scenes were excellent, the ADR was acceptable, and the teleplay was tolerable. Only thing that's still bothering me is why the theme song has to play at the end of every Megazord battle. And it's not just because I don't like the song, because Operation Overdrive only played their theme once the entire season, and that was during the theme-happy team-up. People compose background music for a reason, let it tell the story for you.

And how could I leave without saying how much RJ's flashdance rules my world! Good time, good episode.
Old 03/12/08, 08:46 PM   #33
PRangerX
Administrator

Diffinitly better then the last episode. One thing I didn't like is how Casey attacked the monster too. It made it look wierd when Theo got all bent out of shape about his own loss and Casey didn't care about his. They should have edited Red attacking out of the Sentai footage. Also they already established that Casey was good at pizzas. Made it wierd to suddenly have Theo as the best employee. The monsters attacking one by one after attacking together last time continues to be lame ( but thats a pr trait so not surprising).

But it was a nice Theo focused episode. And I agree that RJ was played well in this. It wasn't a memorable episode, but it wasn't a horrible one either. It was fine for what it was. Flit isn't even bothering me anymore ( I guess I have accepted the fact that there is no way around it).

I think they play the theme more because it works more as background music. The power pop rap stuff in MF and OO was difficult. I actually liked it. Its old school PR. I loved it when they brought it back in NS and DT. The thing is I don't thing the BGM is as strong as it was during Space-WF.
Old 03/12/08, 09:52 PM   #34
DarkBlaze
Power Ranger

Send a message via AIM to DarkBlaze Send a message via MSN to DarkBlaze Send a message via Yahoo to DarkBlaze

I liked the episode. At least it was the usual Red Ranger that decides to give up.
Old 03/18/08, 03:21 AM   #35
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Default Jungle Fury Feedback: Dance the Night Away

Episode aired... four and a half hours ago, someone must have seen it by now. Going to look for a download myself now. Feel free to gush.
Old 03/18/08, 03:54 AM   #36
christphern
Ranger In Training

Send a message via AIM to christphern

Ugh. Another two-parter compressed into 20 minutes. Not a terrible ep, but it could have used some work. Or more time.

Theo being jealous of Casey and Lily was a nice addition. Makes me wonder just where exactly they'll end up taking it as the series progresses.

The development of the the relationship between the two Poisons was pretty poor. I mean, it wasn't the greatest in Geki to begin with, but it was a tad less random. It was random, poorly written and scripted, and poorly acted. Just poorly done all together.

I'm becoming increasingly disappointed by JF. After such a promising start, I was hoping for a great series. It might still prove to be a good series, but, it's not looking good at this point. However, after Overdrive, I'm willing to accept just about anything.

Chris
Old 03/18/08, 08:59 AM   #37
red timeforce ranger
Power Ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to red timeforce ranger

i love that claw cannon and 5 piosions saga like in japanese gekiranger 's series
Old 03/24/08, 06:52 PM   #38
PRangerX
Administrator

After today's episode we shouldn't get anymore references to Casey being the new guy or Theo feeling threatened by Casey. JF seems to keep reseting every episode. To where Casey
And the keep fighting each other.

Its still wierd how Dia Shi refuses to let the poison fight all together, when they had the Ranegrs beat in that first episode.

How could Theo and Lilly have a lunch date every week? They were training for the Order of the Claw for years. And were aparanely in seclusion. Lily never even saw a TV during her time there.

The romance between the monsters was obviously rushed. I guess they were trying to be over the top there.

Camille contunues to be a highlight of the show. She just comes across as a good villianess.

I liked Lily's speech to Theo and Casey. It was nice to see the character take such a firm stand.

It was nice to see Fran do something besides being stuck with all the work. Here scenes with Theo were pretty good.

Diffinitly not a very memorable episode. But it wasn't all over the place like the poison intro episode. I'd say it iwas an average episode.
Old 03/27/08, 07:25 PM   #39
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Default Jungle Fury Feedback: Way of the Master

Apparently been online since Monday.

US: http://disney.go.com/dxd/index.html?channel=16953
Foreign: http://a.dolimg.com/media/en-US/dxd/...x700_31fps.swf

Can't get that site to work, so I'm SOL. Discuss.
Old 03/27/08, 07:31 PM   #40
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Default Jungle Fury Feedback: Pizza Slice of Life

Okay, could have sworn I made a thread Monday.

Obviously wasn't that great, since nobody noticed we didn't have a thread. O_o
Post New ThreadClosed Thread