Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/15/06, 10:16 AM   #1
Tazz Davis
Putty Patroller

Default Fighting Spirit

This has to be my favorate episode of the series.

getting to see Tommy facing his former selves was cool but i think that they did the right thing by not including red turbo. Tommy passed those powers and thus didnt carry that with him. The workout machine moving on its own was cool but i think the enviorments that
Tommy was in during his dream perfectly reflect where his powers came from each time.

what do yall think about this
Tazz Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/15/06, 10:16 AM   #2
Blue Mystic Ranger
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Fighting Spirit

I loved that episode. Especially the fact that he ran into all of his ranger counter parts. Battling them to make into consciousness again. You could defiantly tell when Tommy was at his strongest time. It was during when he was the Green Ranger.
Blue Mystic Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/15/06, 10:16 AM   #3
Tazz Davis
Putty Patroller

i disagree tommy was strongest when he had SABA... the use of the sword made him so much stronger because he had the extra guidence. This is especially aparent in season 3 when he must fight himself ////green vs white

plus Tommy must work the hardest fighting the white ranger in fighting spirit. red was easy it seemed and it looked as if he was toying with the green one
Old 04/24/06, 10:16 AM   #4
Mini Man
Putty Patroller

i'll have to agree with BMR here but not having turbo red was the right idea considering that he passed on those powers.
Mini Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/09/06, 10:16 AM   #5
anakinjmt
Putty Patroller

Yeah, at first I was like, "What about the Red Turbo Ranger?" but it makes sense to me now to not include that. Besides, I think most people think of TJ when you think of the Red Turbo Ranger. It's almost like Tommy and the others were just the transitionary Rangers until TJ and all them took the powers.

I loved the Dragonzord Summoning melody that played when the Dragon Dagger appeared. And, FINALLY, a US shot of the Green Ranger with the good shield!
anakinjmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/12/06, 10:16 AM   #6
Tazz Davis
Putty Patroller

for those that dont know...aparently some alterations were made to the green and white suit for the episode. I cant pinpoint the changes but i do know that they guy inside the white suit was most likely the same guy that did the episode where they cloned tommy and remade the green ranger. (thats only from an unreliable sorce) aparently disney spent more money on that episode than they did on several on the episode 500 and 501 combined
Old 05/12/06, 10:16 AM   #7
Mini Man
Putty Patroller

i think an alteration to the green suit was the helmet. It had the silver part on the top. Also there was the shield shape at the back. That was definately different.
Mini Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/16/06, 10:16 AM   #8
Yellow Mystic Ranger
Putty Patroller

Really good episode, i think it was one of the best!
Yellow Mystic Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/10/17, 11:01 AM   #9
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazz Davis View Post
This has to be my favorate episode of the series.
getting to see Tommy facing his former selves was cool but i think that they did the right thing by not including red turbo. Tommy passed those powers and thus didnt carry that with him. The workout machine moving on its own was cool but i think the enviorments that
Tommy was in during his dream perfectly reflect where his powers came from each time.
It's definitely 1 of my favorite episodes as well since we got to see him fighting his former selves and I agree that it was the right decision to not include his Turbo self and I also agree with the settings that they had decided on as well granted I don't know what the setting was supposed to be with the White Ranger but the other settings did match at least a similar setting from the season - the Zeo powers came from the Caves of Deception which got protected by a force field that the people of M51 Galaxy had activated and while it didn't match that it did kind of match the location of the Machine Arena.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Mystic Ranger View Post
Especially the fact that he ran into all of his ranger counter parts. Battling them to make into consciousness again. You could defiantly tell when Tommy was at his strongest time. It was during when he was the Green Ranger.
Quote:
i disagree tommy was strongest when he had SABA... the use of the sword made him so much stronger because he had the extra guidence. This is especially aparent in season 3 when he must fight himself ////green vs white
plus Tommy must work the hardest fighting the white ranger in fighting spirit. red was easy it seemed and it looked as if he was toying with the green one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini Man View Post
i'll have to agree with BMR here but not having turbo red was the right idea considering that he passed on those powers.
I would have to disagree with BMR and Mini Man since I do agree that the White Ranger powers were stronger than the Green Ranger powers
[QUOTE=anakinjmt;66525]Yeah, at first I was like, "What about the Red Turbo Ranger?" but it makes sense to me now to not include that. Besides, I think most people think of TJ when you think of the Red Turbo Ranger. It's almost like Tommy and the others were just the transitionary Rangers until TJ and all them took the powers but I don't agree with Tazz suggesting that it was because of Saba's guidance I do think his assistance played a part but it was more about where the powers had came from in order to protect them from being lost to evil forces.

Quote:
I loved the Dragonzord Summoning melody that played when the Dragon Dagger appeared. And, FINALLY, a US shot of the Green Ranger with the good shield!
while it was nice to hear that tune I didn't like hearing a tune that wasn't the same but Disney didn't want to play for the rights to the old tune so they had to record a new tune and yes it was awesome to finally have a decent quality shield.

Quote:
for those that dont know...aparently some alterations were made to the green and white suit for the episode. I cant pinpoint the changes but i do know that they guy inside the white suit was most likely the same guy that did the episode where they cloned tommy and remade the green ranger. aparently disney spent more money on that episode than they did on several on the episode 500 and 501 combined
I don't know about the info regarding the White Ranger or anyone regarding who wore the suits for the episode or it's likely it's true about Disney spending more on the episode compared to previous Dino Thunder episodes as well as Ninja Storm episodes since they would've needed to re-create most of the suits because of how old they are so most of the suits and not to mention the helmets - most of the old ones likely were destroyed or at least damaged beyond repair.

I really don't see many differences with the Green Ranger other than having silver on his helmet when he shouldn't have it there, having a silver Morpher when it should be a gold Morpher, having a white holster when it should be a black holster and his holster is on the wrong side since his holster is on the right side when it should be on his left side.

I don't see anything that's obvious with the White Ranger so if there are any alterations it's likely just to fit the body shape of the suit actor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini Man View Post
i think an alteration to the green suit was the helmet. It had the silver part on the top. Also there was the shield shape at the back. That was definately different.
yes it was indeed the helmet but I don't know what you mean in regards to the shield shape at the back since I didn't notice anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Mystic Ranger View Post
Really good episode, i think it was one of the best!
indeed.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/10/17, 09:45 PM   #10
Turbo Black
Comic Relief

I really wish they I included Turbo Red. Since Tommy was Turbo Red about as long as TJ.
Turbo Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply