Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/06/08, 03:24 PM   #21
RangerKing
Ranger In Training

True, the entire Ninja Storm cast was either Kiwi or Aussie. But I don't think that the budget was really as slashed as people are made to believe otherwise why do international casting?
RangerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/06/08, 04:05 PM   #22
Knightfall
Rider Power Member

There was no international casting this year. Everyone is from Australia.
Knightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/06/08, 04:18 PM   #23
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Steel View Post
Honestly, I have to admit I'm not a fan of this idea.

The tone and feel of Ninjastorm is very self-contained. I dont think you could be true to the sillyness of NS without making JF look like a joke as well.

I would have rather they did an OO/JF teamup with Kamdor and Miratrix. The Bouken/Geki one was cool.
Actually I think NS and JF would go well together. Namely because both use Ninja like Rangers. I don't see how JF is more serious then NS. And NS could be serious when they had to be. I think it would be perfect.

See an OO/JF team up would just be the same team up we have gotten most years. I think NS/JF teaming up would be a much fresher idea. OO/JF really don't go as well together. And its not like there is a lot of loose ends to tie up in OO. Sure there's Miratrix. But if you really wanted to, you could bring her back to jion the JF villians. Now that would be thinking outside of the box.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/06/08, 04:25 PM   #24
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX
And its not like there is a lot of loose ends to tie up in OO. Sure there's Miratrix.
I still don't know why people consider this a 'loose end'. I mean, whether or not Kamdor had the amulet when he exploded, Miratrix was dealt with.

That's like saying because Gluto froze himself instead of being destroyed that he could still come back.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/06/08, 04:48 PM   #25
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo View Post
I still don't know why people consider this a 'loose end'. I mean, whether or not Kamdor had the amulet when he exploded, Miratrix was dealt with.

That's like saying because Gluto froze himself instead of being destroyed that he could still come back.
I think there is a way to bring her back though. Somehow the amulet could have survived. We have seen villains survive worse. Sure she could very well be gone. It was probably just a way to kill her off without getting the sensors angry. But I could diffinitly see her coming back. Its not an incredible loose end that has to be resolved though.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/06/08, 07:53 PM   #26
red timeforce ranger
Power Ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to red timeforce ranger

diseny get some footage from gekiranger 's hong kong battle movie
Old 04/06/08, 10:29 PM   #27
RangerKing
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Steel View Post
There was no international casting this year. Everyone is from Australia.
Correct, but budget rumors surfaced during S.P.D. so it logically wouldn't make sense after last year's team-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo View Post
Because we saw Kamdor was able to escape the amulet and so Miratrix didn't have even a remotely permament fate.
Old 04/07/08, 12:31 AM   #28
christphern
Ranger In Training

Send a message via AIM to christphern

Well, aside from her ninja abilities, Miratrix appeared to be, more or less, a human. Just because Kamdor was able to get free does not necessarily mean Miratrix could. Additionally, being a human, it's unlikely that Miratrix would have survived the explosion better than any other human would.

I'm glad that they're not doing an Overdrive team-up. Overdrive was, honestly, the worst Disney season, if not the worst PR season, to date. I found no redeeming quality in the series, aside from Spencer (who was mostly dropped mid-season) and the Once a Ranger team-up. Definitely not worth having wasted 16 hours on. It had terrible acting and terrible writing. Add in Dax, Ronnie, Norg, Moltor, Flurious, Sentinel Knight, Kamdor, the *cringe* Fear Cats, Miratrix, and Tyzonne, and you've got a PR series worse than any I can think of. So, yeah, thank whatever deity you believe in that Overdrive isn't returning to ruin what has thus far proved to be a much better series. The best part of Overdrive was the end. Not the ending, the fact that it's over. I just want to forget that that season ever happened, and remember only Boukenger.

Additionally, I actually really liked Ninja Storm. It was a nice balance of comedy, fun characters, and cool powers. The theme of this series, as has been stated, fits along the same lines as NS, so it's a good choice to team the two up. Even if it sucks, it's bound to be better than the alternative we would otherwise have gotten.

Chris
christphern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/07/08, 06:06 PM   #29
RangerKing
Ranger In Training

Quite frankly some of the most evil of villains in the end were just simply human...Master Org, Lothor, Rita Repulsa, Lord Zedd...albeit with some help. Kamdor, remember, wasn't able to simply remove himself from the amulet without help and therefore the same rule should apply to Miratrix, if the amulet isn't destroyed.
Old 04/07/08, 06:51 PM   #30
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerKing
Kamdor, remember, wasn't able to simply remove himself from the amulet without help and therefore the same rule should apply to Miratrix, if the amulet isn't destroyed.
Thank you.

That reticulating laser thingy seemed hard to come by when Will swiped it, and if I remember right it got trashed right after Kamdor was freed. So it's not like we're just waiting for some hapless fool to find a necklace, see a hot chick inside, and rub it for three wishes.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply