Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/08/06, 10:06 PM   #41
DaveTVS
Putty Patroller

I think Power Rangers is one of those shows that can go on for years, because it's "Ever changing as the wind!" (Okay, cheesy reference). I watched Mighty Morphin' when I was in Pre-School, and watched faithfully up until Time Force (One of my favorite seasons), occasionally catching Wild Force episodes. I don't know if it was a combination of my growing up, or not liking the way the series was going, but I just altogether stopped watching. Recently, my little sister and cousin have started watching Mystic Force, and I got into it too. I didn't like SPD at all from the previews and 2 episodes I caught, but I really Mystic Force so far. So no, I don't think Power Rangers should end. I miss when it was one big show with continuity, but it's still a great show for kids to grow up to. (Long post, whoops)
DaveTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/06, 01:50 AM   #42
The Winged Vampire
Putty Patroller

Send a message via MSN to The Winged Vampire

I used to watch the original MMPR up until the third season before I quit watching it. At that time I thought it was too cheesy, fight a monster, it grows, time for megazord, monster's gone for good, villian throws a hissy, then it's done until tomorrow. At least at that time. I just got back into it just this last month, watching NS, DT, SPD, and MF. They just started showing MMPR last night after another cycle of DT came to pass and I'm like OH MY GOSH I haven't seen this in YEARS!!!! So all is well.

As long as there continue to be fans of the show, acquire new fans and gain back it's veteran fans, it's not going to go down. At least not until the fans on the most part have had enough of it, or until Sentai calls it quits.

PRangerX--> Some days it's busier than others. But yeah, 2 or 3 spot, somewhere in that neighborhood.
The Winged Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/06, 05:18 PM   #43
felix_amadar
Putty Patroller

What time and what channel was MMPR on?
felix_amadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/06, 05:38 PM   #44
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Originally posted by felix_amadar@Apr 9 2006, 04:18 PM
What time and what channel was MMPR on?
Channel: Fox
Time: Depends
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/10/06, 01:52 AM   #45
The Winged Vampire
Putty Patroller

Send a message via MSN to The Winged Vampire

Starting just this past Friday Toon Disney has been showing MMPR at 11 and 11:30PM. Up to now what was shown was Day of the Dumpster and the Green With Evil 5-part miniseries.
The Winged Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/28/06, 12:00 PM   #46
Phantom/Ranger
Power Ranger

power rangers should've ended at the end of in space cause zordon died, every evil known died and the classic way of it ended where characters continue into next season if that make sence

and they stilll had good seasons after too lost galaxy was ok ninja storm was good
dino thunder was great and spd was great dont know why you dont like that

lightspeed was its lowest i think wernt exciting

<span style=\'color:yellow\'><span style=\'font-size:21pt;line-height:100%\'>[b]GOLD RANGER POWER[/b]</span></span>
Phantom/Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/08/13, 09:00 PM   #47
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Power Rangers gone too far!

I disagree with the too many seasons part. I'm happy we keep on getting new seasons... besides it doesn't compare to Sentai who will be going into its 37th series next year.
I do agree Tommy is basically the next Zordon but Power Rangers doesn't need to end since it's stil profitable. Power Rangers isn't going to end if it keeps on making money for Saban Brands, Bandai of America and Toei. That's not how business works.

I also agree we should have a big teamup episode once the show ends but not yet. Granted we're gonna be seeing something like that anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
There are some fans that miss the old days before cast and theme changes were done every year. They like to think of Power Rangers as one big continunity with references to the past thrown in on occasion. They don't want every season to basically be standalone like the Sentai has done.
I agree with this. Granted I still think continuity could be done regardless.

With Lightspeed, they could have done Miss Fairweather learned how to create the weaponry and technology by a previous expert in Ranger technology.

Time Force, they could have said Lightspeed was the parent company of Bio-Lab.

Something like that.

Quote:
Personally, I think it was inevitable. As switching to the Sentai Method was probably cheaper and more practical. Plus it solved the problem of replacing actors. Since PR isn't a show where anyone would want to preform on for too long. Boom, you get rid of the cast after the season is over and start over with a new team. This works fine since PR 's target audience stays with it for two years before they "grow out of it".
Inevitable or not I do think changing the cast keeps it fresh and new as well as cheaper but that actually started with Galaxy so they actually pretty much had to go with a new cast since it was an union cast.

Quote:
I do wish they would be more orginal and not copy the sentai plots so closely. Thats one thing Doug Sloan and Ann Austen ( Execultive Producers of those two seasons who one worked on MMPR-Turbo) tried to get away from in NS and DT.
I agree. They really need to be more original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraManson View Post
Its kind of like fads gone by like Pokemon. Some probibly would say they shouldn't make anymore its no longer huge, or at the incarnation of what it was when it was big, but people still like it. I think thats what matters.
Precisely, much like Power Rangers' popularity, fads come and go all the time. Pokémon was one of the massive fads back in the day but now people don't really pay that much attention to the franchise. Sure, the games still sell like hotcakes but the media doesn't notice it because kids aren't fighting over the Pokémon cards while in school.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply