Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/04/06, 05:32 PM   #21
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

So you are saying Disney is loosing money by not making it, which is true. Yet you forget one simple factor just because they make the boxsets doesn't mean they will make money. They would have done the math already, and the math doesn't mean profits for Disney, and no profits means no product.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/05/06, 02:37 AM   #22
The Winged Vampire
Putty Patroller

Send a message via MSN to The Winged Vampire

Setting out single-episode discs aren't going to rake in the dough either. You would waste more money packing 25 mins worth of an ep on a single full-length disc than filling it up with say, seven eps per disc. I like how they are doing Gargoyles, now out is season 2 vol.1, and I strongly believe the PR series should follow the same suit.
The Winged Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/05/06, 06:12 AM   #23
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Originally posted by The Winged Vampire@Apr 5 2006, 01:37 AM
Setting out single-episode discs aren't going to rake in the dough either.
If they are doing it then they have found the math means money. Money means they do it. Get your little brain around that.
Old 04/05/06, 04:22 PM   #24
felix_amadar
Putty Patroller

Not really, because they probably haven't considered the fact that many people are downloading it, and that many can be buying it, if they put them on DVD sets, by like each volume. Many shows could've made money doing that, but they haven't, and once the DVD became so popular and so well known MMPR was long over, but if someone gave them the idea now, they may consider it and do it, for example the show Frasier, is on DVD sets and so is The Simpsons, but those shows are still on tv so they would put them on DVD, but MMPR is like 15 years old, and DVDs are like 5 or 6, so.
If you would buy the DVD sets of MMPR by season not single episodes, PM me. I might be able to find a way to give the producers of Power Rangers to make them if I get enough people who would buy it.
felix_amadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/05/06, 04:45 PM   #25
The Winged Vampire
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheetamus Primal@Apr 5 2006, 06:12 AM
If they are doing it then they have found the math means money. Money means they do it. Get your little brain around that.
Oh, I'm sorry. Was I supposed to be agreeing with you? My bad. :rolleyes:
Old 04/05/06, 05:41 PM   #26
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Originally posted by The Winged Vampire+Apr 5 2006, 03:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Winged Vampire @ Apr 5 2006, 03:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Cheetamus Primal@Apr 5 2006, 06:12 AM
Oh, I'm sorry. Was I supposed to be agreeing with you? My bad. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
Agree or not that is your idiotic opinion which I care none for.

But you will learn economics and you will shut up about bullshit that is economically unfeasible.
Old 04/05/06, 10:59 PM   #27
The Winged Vampire
Putty Patroller

Quote:

But you will learn economics and you will shut up about bullshit that is economically unfeasible.
If I do it won't be from you, since all you care about are those that share the same views and opinions as yourself. This board may be about PR, but you don't support it. If you did, you would not be putting down it's fanbase like you've been.

Just what are you trying to accomplish anyway, besides being the biggest troll?
Old 04/06/06, 03:47 AM   #28
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by felix_amadar@Apr 1 2006, 09:17 PM
I wish that there was Season DVDs instead of those 5 episode ones you can get, like nobody is going to buy that, and it only started with Wild Force, and those had like 2 episodes in them, and I don't even know if half of the people here even know that it existed, but if you could buy a DVD set of like all of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, or MMPR Season 1, DVD set, and then MMPR Season 2, DVD set, and so on, for like all the seasons or at least the first 6, I know I would buy it for sure. I have tried hopelessly to find stuff like that, but they don't exist, the most I could find was a video of MMPR with ONE episode on it, thats all, and it is next to impossible to find it, so if anyone has connections to whoever sells or produces Power Rangers, please suggest this idea to them.
A group of fans at rangerboard.com already tried to get together and petiion disney for box sets but Disney basically said they don't take suggestions from fans. From a legal stand point , it isn't a good idea. Same reason why most tv shows won't accept scripts wriiten by fans. Its like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

The DVD argument has gone on for a long time in the fandom. Beleive me you are not the first one to bring this up. It comes up all the time.

I agree, it is a shame that we don't have boxed sets of Power Rangers seasons. But there is no indication that we are going to get them anytime soon. But than again never say never.

I assure you Disney knows about us older fans and our wishes for DVD's. They even know about the downloads. Rangerboard is well known by even the cast and crew. The fandom's voice is heard. Even if they don't always listen to us.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/06/06, 03:51 AM   #29
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by The Winged Vampire@Apr 4 2006, 07:31 AM
I won't get nailed for doing that, will I? Plus I'm on a cruddy dial-up connection and it sucks big time.
Well its techniquely against the law but millions of people do it for their favorite shows. I would think the people destributing the episodes would be in more trouble than the ones downloading. Disney has never cracked down on it, they could if they wanted too though. Rangerboard has a multimedia section that has links to some direct downloads even. But read the rules first and don't beg for episodes. Just warning you so you don't get a bad first impression of the place, if you decide to go. There are other major PR boards with similar sections. I don't know how fast things will be with your dail up though. If you do download anything it would probably have to be lower quality. But whatever you do is up to you.

http://rangerboard.com

BTW, ITunes are selling pr episodes ( I believe individually for like 2 bucks). I think you play them on ipods. But I don't know much about Itunes to really explain. Its something new.
Old 04/06/06, 03:53 AM   #30
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by The Winged Vampire@Apr 6 2006, 02:59 AM
Quote:

If I do it won't be from you, since all you care about are those that share the same views and opinions as yourself. This board may be about PR, but you don't support it. If you did, you would not be putting down it's fanbase like you've been.

Just what are you trying to accomplish anyway, besides being the biggest troll?
I wouldn't take Primal's comments personally, he tends to do this with everyone. So its nothing against you personally.

But your right, we're all entitled to our opinion here and I doubt any of us will really change the others. But I suppose this board would be pretty boring if everyone agreed on everything.
Post New ThreadReply