Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/26/18, 08:50 PM   #1
Millie
Putty Patroller

Default Why did they ruin the series

I used to love the show when it first came out. But then they made all kinds of changes. They wrlte off Rita Repulsa and replaced her with that reverse body guy. Rita was a great villian, should never have been replaced!

Also, they got rid of the original Dinozords for lame replacements. And they seemed to be writing off the Green Ranger. Who was the best Ranger.Why did they make so many changes? The show was fine the way it was.

I was surprised to learn that the series was still on the air. But its all different and lame. Not that they could have kept things the same all the way until now. But they could have at least kept things the same for five seasons.
Millie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/26/18, 08:54 PM   #2
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

Default Re: Why did they ruin the series

The first three seasons were awesome! Then they struggled for years in what I call the fake seasons. Luckly Ninja Steel finally gave us a good season.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/26/18, 08:55 PM   #3
KimandTommy
Power Ranger

The biggest mistake was breaking Tommy and Kim up and replacing her with Katherine. The new seasons are nothing compared to MMPR though.
KimandTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/26/18, 08:56 PM   #4
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

That evil witch wannabee aways pisses me off!
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/26/18, 09:00 PM   #5
Rita's Pita
Ranger In Training

Its funny you should say that because I first thought Katherine was gonna be Zedd and Rita's daughter. And she was gonna become a witch like her mother. I was surprised when she turned out to be just a regular human that Rita captured.
Rita's Pita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/26/18, 09:09 PM   #6
Space Hero
Ranger In Training

The show really didn't hit its stride until the Space Seasons.
Space Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/26/18, 09:16 PM   #7
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie View Post
I used to love the show when it first came out. But then they made all kinds of changes. They wrlte off Rita Repulsa and replaced her with that reverse body guy. Rita was a great villian, should never have been replaced!

Also, they got rid of the original Dinozords for lame replacements. And they seemed to be writing off the Green Ranger. Who was the best Ranger.Why did they make so many changes? The show was fine the way it was.

I was surprised to learn that the series was still on the air. But its all different and lame. Not that they could have kept things the same all the way until now. But they could have at least kept things the same for five seasons.
sadly no they couldn't have. They needed to bring in new zords to sell more toys they couldn't keep on paying Toei and Rainbow Productions in order to produce the same Zyuranger format. About 25 or so monsters (mostly after Cyclopsis was destroyed but before the Green Ranger powers were gone for good at-the-time) had been paid for by Saban Entertainment but they didn't want to keep on footing the bill hence why they had no choice but to do what they did. Using the Dairanger leaders wouldn't have worked out too well and they didn't want to keep on using the Japanese scenes of Rita and her minions since both her and Scorpina had horrible dubbing on top of which they had to shoot more of Goldar anyway and since his Japanese suit deteriorated they had to create a new one for any new scenes.

The Green Ranger lost his powers for a simple fact - there was no footage left for him so it would've just been new footage or recycled footage and who really wants to see recycled footage? additionally they wanted a new Ranger hence why the White Ranger came into play not to mention it gave them an excuse to overpower Tommy on top of the whole thing with Walter, Thuy and Austin quitting over a pay dispute.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/18, 10:23 AM   #8
Millie
Putty Patroller

Couldn't they just shoot their own footage? The effects didn't look too expensive.
Millie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/18, 10:26 AM   #9
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Actually its very expensive.

But ironically they did shoot a lot more original footage in season 2 and 3. It was just still easier to go with the Thunderzords over the Dinos. Shooting zord scenes is tough. Especially back then when CGI wasn't a thing.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/18, 10:28 AM   #10
Maligore
Power Ranger

They could have done a lot of things if Saban wasn't so cheap. Thats the real reason why they made all those changes. I am surprised then even spent what they did in those seasons.
Maligore is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply