Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/31/15, 04:38 PM   #21
Lord Leo
Ranger In Training

Default Re: Dino Charge 1 Powers From The Past

I think the episode was fine. The series is starting out slow and not over promising. The show will get stronger and stronger over time.
Lord Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/31/15, 05:32 PM   #22
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstatler View Post
More on why I didn't like the episode.

It just felt so unrealistic. Grown men and woman wouldn't act the way those people were acting. Tyler and Shelby become Rangers and act like its just another day. Shouldn't they be worried about the monsters they just faught? Once again the villains do nothing for me. I hate comedic bad guys. I thought we would be getting more serious bad guys. Why do they keep using the Sentai villans? They should have original villains. Sledge being a bounty hunter is lame.

Back to the bad continuity. I find it pretty unbelieveable that completely unrelated powers would just happen to hit the Earth at the same time.
realism in Power Rangers? are you kidding? where have you been? the show has NEVER been realistic.

1. Villains breathing on the Moon.
2. Rangers breathing on the Moon.
3. Mike just lying/laying out in space not even moving.
4. Silvy riding on a Galaxy Glider out in space with ZERO protection.

need I go on?

I don't know how you saw Sledge as a comedic villain I didn't but they always need to have 1 comic relief character and that appears to be Wrench.
I don't know why you're complaining about using Sentai villains when Sledge isn't even from the Sentai... however the answer to why they keep on using other Sentai villains is so they can use the footage for them. If they made just original villains then there's no Japanese footage of them and therefore that (using Sentai footage) costs less money than shooting new footage. It's a balance that a Producer has to deal with.
It's a Producer's job to create their show but they also need to stick to whatever budget Saban Brands gave them. If they go over the budget then what do you think happens to someone when they go over the budget? They're fired.

Believable or not it's something you need to live with in regards to the Dino Gems.

A show about heroes that morph into superhero spandex-wearing warriors and you don't find that (the Dino Gem/asteroid thing) believable?
A show that had a kidnapped born-to-be-good alien be evil back in the day as one of the villains and you don't find that to be believable?
A show that actually had demons and mutants as villains and you don't find that believable?
A show where monsters are created because of pollution and you don't find that believable?
A show with tons of time travel stories or instances where the Rangers are turned to kids.
A show with a human that creates an experiment drink that turns him into a mad mutant dinosaur creature that wants to change the world back to the age of the Dinosaurs?
A show with undead warriors from an Underworld?
A show with an evil computer virus yet it couldn't kill every person on the planet?

Nothing in Power Rangers is meant to be believable it's a fictional show.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/31/15, 10:14 PM   #23
Superstatler
Power Ranger

Thats not what I meant by unrealistic. I like fantasy in Power Rangers. I meant the way the characters were interacting with each other. Power Rangers was a little more mature back in the day but still a kids show. Seasons like Space and Time Force were more mature. Yet they still were fun enough for the younger viewers.

Really, I didn't see much difference in the type of writing here than with Samurai and Mega Force. I really wanted to like Dino Charge. And maybe I will if things improve. But right not I am disapointed. I was hoping for at least something like DinoThunder. Which would have been fun.

I was wrong about the Sentai villain thing. But that disapoints me more. They tried to make an original villain and I actually thought it was a Sentai villain. Thats worse.than I thought.
Superstatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/31/15, 10:16 PM   #24
Inner Senshi
Power Ranger

Maybe they didn't think it was a big deal because this is the PRU. Its pretty common for monsters to attack people. And many people have become Power Rangers now. So its kinda an old hat now. I would rather have this reaction the comic book line from Tori in Ninja Storm.
Inner Senshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/31/15, 10:23 PM   #25
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstatler View Post
Thats not what I meant by unrealistic. I like fantasy in Power Rangers. I meant the way the characters were interacting with each other. Power Rangers was a little more mature back in the day but still a kids show. Seasons like Space and Time Force were more mature. Yet they still were fun enough for the younger viewers.

Really, I didn't see much difference in the type of writing here than with Samurai and Mega Force. I really wanted to like Dino Charge. And maybe I will if things improve. But right not I am disapointed. I was hoping for at least something like DinoThunder. Which would have been fun.

I was wrong about the Sentai villain thing. But that disapoints me more. They tried to make an original villain and I actually thought it was a Sentai villain. Thats worse.than I thought.
I don't see how the interactions were unrealistic.
We had Joel and Fairweather's interactions which in a realistic setting would have gotten him at least arrested and had a restraining order placed on him. Did that happen? No it didn't they wound up married.
We had Kat that befriended Kimberly, Tommy and everyone else even though she was under an evil spell and was completely jealous of Kimberly. She eventually became best friends with Aisha and Tanya like within seconds even though it wasn't realistic.
Jason returned from the Peace Conference and returned back to being best of friends with Tommy like he had never left but he never made any mention of Zack or Trini which again isn't realistic.
After Karone replaced Kendrix everyone pretty much entirely forgot about her (Kendrix) for the most part until she returned.
Let's see... what other things are far more worse unrealistic than whatever it is you're describing? I'll think of some more.
Same thing with Mike. After like the first few episodes while Leo had never forgotten about Mike and neither did some of his teammates (like Kendrix for example) practically everyone else did.
Lightspeed forgot about Ryan a lot after he left even to the point that the demons had also forgotten about him.
Jen and the Rangers eventually forgot about Alex and his sacrifice until he came to their time.
Characters like Tori, Shane and Dustin would have never became friends in real life since they're so far different from one another.

Yes Power Rangers was maturer (not a word I know) back in the day but that was back in the day. That's not now. They have to change with the times. We might want it to be maturer but we're not the target audience.

I doubt we'll see something like Dino Thunder since that was written by Doug and he created Mesogog with the intent to scare people.

hey at least they made an original villain and created an original ship. They could have just done a Tzachor and reconstructed the Sentai base and not even introduce a lot of Sledge's monsters early on like they did with the monsters in the cells that were in his ship.
Old 01/31/15, 10:34 PM   #26
Kilobyte
Ranger In Training

Although, I would think people in the PRU would still be excited to become Power Rangers.
Kilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/31/15, 10:48 PM   #27
MattEmily
Administrator

that's true but there really wasn't time for that. They practically got thrown into morphing while facing down an ice monster and then they nearly got trampled by a T-Rexzord.
Old 01/31/15, 11:05 PM   #28
Superstatler
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
I don't see how the interactions were unrealistic.
We had Joel and Fairweather's interactions which in a realistic setting would have gotten him at least arrested and had a restraining order placed on him. Did that happen? No it didn't they wound up married.
We had Kat that befriended Kimberly, Tommy and everyone else even though she was under an evil spell and was completely jealous of Kimberly. She eventually became best friends with Aisha and Tanya like within seconds even though it wasn't realistic.
Jason returned from the Peace Conference and returned back to being best of friends with Tommy like he had never left but he never made any mention of Zack or Trini which again isn't realistic.
After Karone replaced Kendrix everyone pretty much entirely forgot about her (Kendrix) for the most part until she returned.
Let's see... what other things are far more worse unrealistic than whatever it is you're describing? I'll think of some more.
Same thing with Mike. After like the first few episodes while Leo had never forgotten about Mike and neither did some of his teammates (like Kendrix for example) practically everyone else did.
Lightspeed forgot about Ryan a lot after he left even to the point that the demons had also forgotten about him.
Jen and the Rangers eventually forgot about Alex and his sacrifice until he came to their time.
Characters like Tori, Shane and Dustin would have never became friends in real life since they're so far different from one another.

Yes Power Rangers was maturer (not a word I know) back in the day but that was back in the day. That's not now. They have to change with the times. We might want it to be maturer but we're not the target audience.

I doubt we'll see something like Dino Thunder since that was written by Doug and he created Mesogog with the intent to scare people.

hey at least they made an original villain and created an original ship. They could have just done a Tzachor and reconstructed the Sentai base and not even introduce a lot of Sledge's monsters early on like they did with the monsters in the cells that were in his ship.

There is a certain level of disbelief I can accept. I just feel most of the series you listed at least had characters that reacted realtively normally most of the time. The episode just rubbed me the wrong way. I don't know maybe the rest of them will be great and I will change my opinion.

I am glad they tried to do an American villain. Too bad they may have failed miserbly.
Superstatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/31/15, 11:07 PM   #29
Sensei Ranger
Putty Patroller

I wouldn't read too much into the first episode anyway. For all we know what might all hate it. I remember a lot of people liked the first episode of Megaforce. And look how that turned out by the end of Super Mega Force.
Sensei Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/02/15, 04:33 PM   #30
Sailor Chaos
Comic Relief

I wasn't excited about the episode either. Just had too many unfunny jokes and wasn't serious enough for me. I'm not looking for something super serious. But just serious for Power Rangers. I want Space level or rpm level story telling. This first episode wasn't much different then Samurai or Mega Force. But its only episode 1, so things can easily change.
Sailor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply