Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/07/18, 11:53 AM   #11
KimandTommy
Power Ranger

Default Re: The appeal of Tommy

There is just so many reasons why Tommy is great. He was brave and loyal. He was a victim of Rita's evio yet overcame it all. He was a great leader and a charismatic personality. He was an awesome martial artist. And he had an unbelievable romance with Kimberly. Other then falling for Kat's nonsense, whats not to like about Tommy?
KimandTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/18, 12:31 PM   #12
Rossovan
Putty Patroller

I can see why Tommy was popular, he's not my favourite Ranger but i don't dislike him. As a kid i was sadder to see Jason go.

Obviously MMPR was an unexpected and massive hit. I think Tommy having a bit more of a story to him was what got peoples attention, going from bad to good and having his own zord and shield was exciting for kids. It just gave people more of what they already loved about the show.

When a show is that popular you keep what made it popular going for as long as you can.
Rossovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/18, 03:06 PM   #13
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge View Post
I mean there wasn't a lot of time between " Green No More " and "White Light". Plus I thought the protest was for when he was written off in "Green Candle"
that's what I had originally thought as well regarding the protests but it really wouldn't have made much sense since he had to be back according to the Zyu2 footage
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/18, 10:20 PM   #14
mbozzo
Power Ranger

It was Tommy Oliver who got me into Power Ranger. I like it when he came back for Dino Thunder. He became Lord Drakkon for Hyperforce, and I hope that he come back for a Power Ranger mini-series where he fought Power Rangers from Sentai teams that doesn't have any American counterpart.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/18, 05:05 PM   #15
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
that's what I had originally thought as well regarding the protests but it really wouldn't have made much sense since he had to be back according to the Zyu2 footage
Humm I always thought the Zyu2 footage was made after they decided to bring Tommy back. I also had the same idea of Goldar's timeline. Seems kind of confusing now.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/10/18, 03:51 AM   #16
Miki1988
Power Ranger

Well, once Lord Zedd came into the picture, Goldar changed looks. They gave him a different face and wings. However, during the second season, Goldar does show up a couple of times in his original form due to usage of stock footage.
Miki1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/10/18, 08:20 AM   #17
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Humm I always thought the Zyu2 footage was made after they decided to bring Tommy back. I also had the same idea of Goldar's timeline. Seems kind of confusing now.
yup it's very confusing now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki1988 View Post
Well, once Lord Zedd came into the picture, Goldar changed looks. They gave him a different face and wings. However, during the second season, Goldar does show up a couple of times in his original form due to usage of stock footage.
yea but that's only because Goldar's Japanese suit fell apart since they weren't made to last long.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/11/18, 11:49 AM   #18
Overdrive Omega
Comic Relief

I always thought it was wiere when Zedd gave him his wings back. When they a
ready showed him flying on stock Zyuranger Footage.
Overdrive Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/11/18, 11:50 AM   #19
Superstatler
Power Ranger

That was Zordon showing the teens footage of when he had his wings in the past.
Superstatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/23/18, 10:44 PM   #20
Gosei Gold
Power Ranger

Tommy seemed like a pretty likeable guy to me. Plus he had a lot of sympathy due to his power loss storyline. He was a great fighter and had some cool powers. He was also a great fighter.
Gosei Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply