Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/05/14, 10:57 PM   #1
Antiyonder
Putty Patroller

Default Which Veteran Ranger should have been represented by their original actor/actress?

tp://www.rangercrew.com/forum/show...wers-quot-with

Much like this thread is about giving some more unique Legendary Changes and replacing the New Powers with under represented teams, so as with that say the budget was extended so that we could have a larger portion of Past Rangers played by their original actor/actress, especially for the sake of allowing each team (18 altogether when you factor things like Rocky, Adam, Katherine and Tanya as being Zeo Rangers more than MMPR or most of the Turbo team being Robot Replicas of the four Space Rangers) representation.

For my take:
Now as a fan of him, Tommy is overrated at times to the point where other MMPR and Zeo characters are overlooked. As the first Sixth Ranger, first Ranger to change colors and one of the most frequent appearing characters, he earned his spot back, but lets give the early seasons a little more due.

PRiS, PRLG, PRTF and PRJF are okay enough that I can't think too much of improving them. I might add Christopher Khayman Lee as Andros, if only so we could have both Andros and Karone interacting again, plus having both working together as Rangers. Not to mention that TJ and Cassie originated in Turbo while Andros and Zhane were Space Rangers first and only.

MMPR - Austin St. John as Jason Scott Lee and David Yost as Billy Cranston*: Jason being the original leader of the team, and first Red Ranger overall. Plus for the sake of one more Jason and Tommy reunion. Billy definitely has a place here too, arguably more so. Out of the core five that appeared in Day of the Dumpster, he was on the show the longest. Stayed aboard even when his Ranger days was over and by the time of the later half of Zeo he had more appearances than Tommy. As well as the only original five not to transfer his powers to a new teen.

But then if possible, I'd say get Walter Jones, Karan Ashley and Amy Jo Johnson, if only because it just seems right to give more due to the first series.

And Kim Strauss to voice Ninjor. First Ranger ally. And he could be implemented as a means of repowering any MMPR characters who might not have a working coin.

MMAR - David Bacon as Aurico if the only possible choice (Red Ranger and all), but preferably Rajia Baroudi as Delphine and Karim Prince as Cestro. Both arguably had the most presence compared to their teammates. And while shortlived, the team still arguably underrated as they had value in world building. The first team of Power Rangers beyond the main crew and the first team not of the planet.

PRZ - Definitely Johnny Yong Bosch coming back again as Adam due to him being another fan favorite and because he actually enjoys the show. Nakia Burrise if possible as she was the recent addition to the cast and this season was the first one featuring her as a Ranger despite briefly appearing in MMPR/MMAR.

PRT - Really no one else, but Blake Foster as Justin Stewart. The others already represent MMPR, PRZ or PRiS. Actually for the most part, I'd establish that Robo-Justin is among his teammates as Turbo Rangers, but on occasions, the real Justin answers the call and I think LB is definitely a moment he'd Shift Into Turbo.

PRLR - Satisfied for the most part, but Rhett Fisher as Ryan Mitchell. The actor was all for coming back and the Titanium Ranger was the 1st American Exclusive Ranger.

PRWF - Ricardo Medina Jr. as Cole Evans. Imagine he's willing to return if he came back at all for Samurai, plus he could even appear in A Lion's Alliance.

PRNS - Pua Magasiva as Shane Clarke, Sally Martin as Tori Hansen and Glenn McMillan as Dustin Brooks. While the Sun Vulcan and Liveman were some of the early teams to have only three Rangers at the start (the former has no more, btw), Ninja Storm is the first in that regard. Plus having them aboard would give the possibiliy of a mini team up. As for another one or alternative incase getting the three of them back is unrealistic, Jason Chan as Cam Watanabe. Some liked the cast overall, while some didn't. But Cam seems to be a big favorite from the season.

PRDT - Emma Lahana as Kira Ford and Jeffery Parazzo as Trent Fernandez-Mercer. Best I could think of. Could have them together as a way of throwing the Trent and Kira fans a bone.

PRSPD - John Tui as Anubis Cruger. First non-humanoid Ranger and is a suit character, thus he would be easy to afford.

PRMF - If Tui was interested in coming back overall for Cruger, I'd add him as Daggeron either for a Mystic Force tribute or the finale. Nic Sampson as Chip Thorn as the actor was doing work for an episode.

PROO - James MacLurcan as Mack Hartford and Dwayne Cameron as Tyzonn. Arguably the most liked of the team and better character in Mack's case. Plus if Sampson is game for more PR work, he could voice Sentinel Knight and like Ninjor can be used to explaining the presence of many Rangers in the finale.

PRRPM - As with DT, I don't have much other than another random choice. So cause I enjoyed his screentime, Milo Cawthorne as Ziggy Grover. And maybe Dr. K.

Samurai - Good if we can't get the rest, but if possible, try to work around schedules for a full on Team Up as a special episode.

*Granted, with a more respectful approach towards the actor, considering why he left. Still even if Yost isn't approached for returning to the show, I still think they could make some efforts at amends.
Antiyonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/14, 02:53 PM   #2
Karone White Tiger
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Which Veteran Ranger should have been represented by their original actor/actress?

I would have went for as follows:

MMPR = Jason.
Ninjor
Alien Rangers = Delphine
Zeo = Tommy.
Turbo = Justin or Phantom
Space = Andros
Galaxy = Kendrix or Karone.
Lightspeed = Dana
Time Force = Jen
Wild Force = Taylor
Ninja Storm = Cam
Dino Thunder = Kira
SPD = Cruger
Mystic Force = Daggeron
Overdrive = Sentinel Knight and if not him then I would go with... Rose.
Jungle Fury = RJ.
RPM = Gem and Gemma.
Samurai = Jayden and Lauren
Karone White Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/16, 11:56 PM   #3
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Which Veteran Ranger should have been represented by their original actor/actress?

Here's who I would've went with.

MMPR = Jason.
Alien Rangers = Delphine.
Zeo = Tommy. My 2nd choice would've been Trey.
Turbo = Phantom. My 2nd choice would've been Justin.
Space = Zhane, Andros and Ashley.
Galaxy = Maya. My 2nd choice would've been Kendrix and if not either 1 then I would've went with Karone.
Lightspeed = Dana and Ryan.
Time Force = Jen.
Wild Force = Taylor.
Ninja Storm = Tori. My 2nd choice would've been Cam.
Dino Thunder = Kira. My 2nd choice would've been Tren.
SPD = Cruger. My 2nd choice would be Kat.
Mystic Force = Daggeron. My 2nd choice would've been Leanbow and 3rd choice would be Maddie.
Overdrive = Rose. 2nd choice would be Ronny.
Jungle Fury = Lily. 2nd choice would've been RJ.
RPM = Summer. 2nd choice would've been Gem and Gemma.
Samurai = Lauren
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply