Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/20/11, 10:57 AM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default PR Samurai Episode 3 Discussion "Day Off"

Discuss the latest episode of Samurai here.

The episode description on my viewing guide says that the Rangers take time off while Jayden trains with a new power disk.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/20/11, 01:13 PM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: PR Samurai Episode 3 Discussion "Day Off"

We again got a good feel for how the team works and interacts together. This episode also gave us a good incite into Jayden's serious demeanor. As well as his dedication to his training. We also saw some of that in Kevin, where he almost didn't want to take the day off ( makes sense since we know he was once a potential olympic swimmer). It was nice to see the Rangers all having fun together, even if it seemed a little too soon in the series for that. Bulk and Spike's involvement also seemed more organic. As they we're just having fun at the amusement park. They do need to tone down Spike's laughing a bit. The cotton candy gag was weak. The visual of the Rangers facing giant Moogers was impressive. The new Beetlezord and its capabilities we're pretty cool.

It was cool seeing Jayden train all night. But it almost didn't jive with the episode. Since the whole point was that he needed to be balence. As in not push his body too far. At least he got this in the end, when he decided to have fun with his team. The pacing still seems a little off. Some of that is of course that they only have 20 minites or so to tell there story ( when you factor in commercials). I do think that they haven't found there stride yet. Much like early MMPR and NS. So we will have to wait and see. I'm beginning to think that we aren't getting a debut episode ( some people wondered if the episodes we're airing out of order). Which is too bad. I'd be interested to ask someone on staff why this ended up being the case. I think it was a little early to debut a new Zord. But PR is a toy comercial , so I guess they have there masters to serve.

Did anyone else think Mike was lying when he said the Master gave him a day off? I suspected that until we learned that the Master did in fact give the day off.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/20/11, 03:53 PM   #3
Zabitan
Administrator

Yeah it bugs that it seems that we're not getting a debut episodes since they explained the premise at the beginning of the episode

I did like the stuff with Jayden I'm wondering if something happened to his parents like a Nighlok attack, and the Master took him in.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/22/11, 11:25 PM   #4
mbozzo
Power Ranger

'Day Off' is a good episode. The Rangers were given a day off to recharge their energies. Red didn't take that day off. It was a good thing for them, since Red came to their aid when the monster of the episode decided to ruin it. They were able to defeat the monster when Red mastered the beetle disk. Then, the Rangers was given a second day off and Red went with them this time. They will need it since they won't be getting any rest in the near future.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply