Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/14/16, 10:38 PM   #1
Sentai Envy
Sentai Snob

Default MMPR is horrible!

I just had to say this. I always here talk about how great MMPR was. Some people here even want to relive it on the show today.

And I think its time to point out that MMPR was terrible. It had shoddy writing, bad characters, and silly plots. It hacked the Sentai footage and ruined three Sentai. Especially the Dairanger , where we didn't even get to see the suits until Super Megaforce.

American Sentai is much better off using the Sentai approach and embracing the sentai as much as possible. It will never be as good as Sentai. But at least it does its best to import it over correctly in this scenario.

Dino Charge has changed far too many things, I hope it is not a sign of things to come. Because aside, from a few hiccups, American Sentai has been important Sentai fairly correctly for years. I would hate to see that end. But Jonathon Tzachor is gone, so I have little faith there.
Sentai Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/16, 10:40 PM   #2
Space Seasons
Ranger In Training

Default Re: MMPR is horrible!

I do think MMPR was overrated. It was just silly and had no real storylines to care about. I really think the show was still in its learning phase. Copying Sentai isn't always good however.
Space Seasons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/16, 10:41 PM   #3
Gold Ranger In Danger
Ranger In Training

Yeah, it sucks...It only started the whole franchise. I mean come on guys! You're being way too hard on MMPR. It was pretty good for its time and more importantly...Fun.
Gold Ranger In Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/16, 10:43 PM   #4
Sentai Snob
Sentai Snob.

Good post envy, these PR fans needed to here it. It was pretty hard listening to keep going on about MMPR. Especially when we know the greatest of Zyuranger, Dairanger, and Kukuranger that we were denyed. MMPR season 1 gave us more footage but it was a poor adaption of Zyuranger.
Sentai Snob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/16, 10:45 PM   #5
Ranger Sentai
Putty Patroller

Since I have been watching a lot of sentai, it does make me wish MMPR was more like Sentai than it was. And I am realizing MMPR isn't as good as I remember it.
Ranger Sentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/16, 10:46 PM   #6
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

MMPR was ok, but its what got the show going. And is nowhere near as bad as the show is now. At least MMPR was the beginning when they were trying to get things right.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/16, 10:47 PM   #7
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

MMPR was good, Tommy just weighed in down in Season 2 and 3. Season 1 was perfect for its time.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/16, 10:48 PM   #8
White Spandex Rules
Ranger In Training

I thought MMPR was great! And Tommy was part of the reason why to tell you the truth. But there is a lot more to like.
White Spandex Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/16, 10:50 PM   #9
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

MMPR is the only good series out of the bunch. The rest our knockoffs. I think Envy is way off by saying it is terrible. Just because he loves Sentai, doesn't mean its the best. Power Rangers was awesome as MMPR. It was a mistake to end it. Zeo flopped big time to prove this.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/16, 01:39 PM   #10
Power Rangers Forever
Ranger In Training

Just because you guys want us to like Sentai over PR, don't go trashing things just to do so. Calling MMPR horrible is a stretch and your really not going to get people to agree with you here.
Power Rangers Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply