Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/21/12, 11:21 PM   #21
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Super Sentai Series Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dragon View Post
Deep down I was always waiting for Gokaiger to get their Power-up and I was expecting something similar to what we got or something similar to Decade's K-Touch where the past rangers show up beside them.

And I expected them to get that power-up earlier. I mean something like half way through the series. Shinkenger got the Ironmaru and Goseiger got Super Gosei Mode pretty early in their respective series. Would have made it a tad bit more epic if we got a Gokaiger Power-up instead of a once-off thing at the end. But I guess that would've made their power-up a bit 'over-powered'.
Gokaiger not having its own power-up doesn't bother me that much although it would have been interesting since it would have been cool if they took ideas from previous power-ups and implemented them all into a power-up.
However they clearly didn't want to make them seem too overpowered considering they had access to 34 different powers including some old zords and some power-ups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabitan View Post
Anyway the point I'm trying to get is that in a lot of these same shows Green is used as a color that represents evil or at least darkness like Spielban, and Metalder where you have monsters that are made or can turn into green slime, or are plant based, and there's Zyuranger where the Ranger who started of as a bad guy was green.

Part of it I think has to do with the fact that people on both sides of the pacific associate green with things like bugs, and plants which are common monster types, forests which getting lost in is something that scares people, and not to mention radiation, and things that glow in the dark.
That's an interesting theory. Although I'm not sure if I entirely agree with it because of Loki/Zen-Aku in Gaoranger/Wild Force since he was turned into an Org so he should have green blood like all other Orgs do but he didn't, he was shown to have red blood.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/23/12, 05:09 AM   #22
Mad Dragon
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Implemented them all into a power-up.
Yeah, that would have sufficed. Their own unique powerup or something like that. Maybe they could've shared Gold Mode around or something and have the heads on the armor change to the appropriate rangers depending on which Gokaiger had the armor.

Quote:
However they clearly didn't want to make them seem too overpowered considering they had access to 34 different powers including some old zords and some power-ups.
Yeah. I get that. I just kind of didn't see the point of hiding this Special Power-Up for the Whole Series and then using it once in the last 3 or so minutes of the last episode.

I was annoyed when it happened to Faiz Awakening so it bugged me a bit here as well.
Mad Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/23/12, 02:44 PM   #23
MattEmily
Administrator

I do see the point but it's still disappointing. Basically they're Pirates and they're very stubborn. They'd rather use their skill than extra power.

They were just left with no option other than the power-ups with the Emperor because no matter what they did, he wouldn't even die. He then survived a Blue Charged-Cannon blast and it's not often that their Cannon didn't finish off a monster.
Old 06/01/12, 11:03 AM   #24
Mad Dragon
Ranger In Training

I just realised, that the cannon blast did infact kill him. They did the run through of each team. Then the Super Ranger Power-Up, then the Final Wave + Silver's Legend Crush, and it still didn't kill him, so they did a Special Charged Galleon Buster at Point Blank and thats what did it.

I do have to admit though. There were a few other situations where they really could have used it. Like defeating Damaras. Or even Basco could have warranted those special power-ups.

Also, Basco didn't show up in Super Hero Taisen. So I guess that puts my whole opinion to bed on that.

I also remembered another thing I had disliked about the season and that was actually the lack of a as it is well-known. A "Cluster****" Mech. In 35 seasons... This was the one chance that Toei had to create a massive megazord. They were planning to do it in the movie.... But they didn't. And I'd really love to know why. Gokaiger apparently had a massive budget correct?
Old 06/01/12, 05:18 PM   #25
MattEmily
Administrator

Indeed, the Cannon did end up killing him but not at normal range. They had to do it at point blank range and I'm sure the Super Powers did do a bit to at least put a crack in them or at least a dent but not enough to kill him.
Old 06/07/12, 09:51 AM   #26
Mad Dragon
Ranger In Training

Yeah. Definitely. The normal Gokai Changes were ineffective for maybe the first half of the teams, then they started to dent him. They got him pretty badly with the Super Rangers, attempted to wipe him out with the Final Waves and then finished him off with the Galleon Buster at point blank. Definitely one of the more resilient final battles I've ever seen. Then again. You don't expect much less from Gokaiger
Old 10/16/13, 09:41 PM   #27
mbozzo
Power Ranger

Gokaiger will be coming to America as Power Rangers Super Megaforce sometime in 2014.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply