Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 07/12/17, 11:52 AM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Major League Baseball should start a hockey league

They can recruit the Chicago Wolves, Cleveland Munsters, San Antonio Rampage, from the AHL...Then recruit the Orlando Solar Bears from the ECHL..To create the Major League Hockey League. New teams would created for Hartford, Long Island, Quebec, Hamilton, Houston, and Oaklama City. and Seattle.

Games would air on MLB Network and regional sports networks. MLB Premium would also stream the games. The idea would be to get a paying tv guide with fox or other interested networks down the line. A deal would be struck with the NHLPA which would make the league an alternative place for NHL and Foreign player's to play.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/12/17, 06:17 PM   #2
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Default Re: Major League Baseball should start a hockey league

The Kansas City Mavericks would be a good ECHL to recruit. They are owned by the owner of the chiefs and are a Market that the NHL has thought about.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/20/17, 04:01 PM   #3
Impact Ranger
Putty Patroller

Thats an interesting idea.It seems unlikely to happen though.
Impact Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/09/17, 09:35 PM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

I agree...Its something I wish could happen though. I think it would take a network coming to them though. Since you need a good deal a month of guarantee TV Money. Granted the owners I mentioned have good resources. The MLB idea is just one way to do it , I figured it would give them good content for the network once baseball is over .

I'd really like to see the AHL get a tv deal and become a major league ( with the independently owned teams left or that would need to be created). But the legalities of that are complicated with the affiliation deals with NHL clubs and the fact most of the teams are now owned by NHL teams. I'm not sure if the league could approve such a tv deal and kick those teams out. But they can certainly withdraw and start a new league if such a lucrative deal was even in play.
Old 11/16/17, 08:29 PM   #5
Decepticon
Ranger In Training

I don't see anyone wanting to take the risk.
Decepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/17, 08:23 PM   #6
PRangerX
Administrator

One interesting thing is how many minor league hockey teams are owned by Major League Sports teams. Not counting the NHL owned teams of course. In the AHL, Cleveland is owned by the Cavs owner and San Antonio by the Spurs owner. In the ECHL the Kansas City team is owned by the owner of the Chiefs. The owner of the Rockets is rumored to be interested in an NHL team. Its not hard to think that more ownership groups from other sports would be interested in buying or starting their own teams.

It could be as simple as started an independent minor league with each team's fanbase and funds from the owners to go after their own players. You could grow a league like this into a Major League over time.
Old 11/17/17, 08:31 PM   #7
Usagi Reborn
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
I don't see anyone wanting to take the risk.
I actually could see it working with a tv deal offer waiting for them.
Usagi Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply