Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03/28/11, 07:27 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default "Forest For The Trees" Discussion

I liked the interaction between Mike and Ji in this one. It was nice to see Ji with more of a personality. Its more then we have seen from him all season. Also good to see the mentor have to come down hard on them. Just the sort of tension that the show has been missing. Also good to see a Ranger make a mistake. Since the Rangers have mostly been cookie cutter good.

The Training sequence with Mike more towards the beginning was good. He looked really bad ass. Mike's fight with the monster at the end was really good.

It was interesting to see the Beetle Zord passed on to another Ranger. We normally don't get that.

Spike was interesting this week. Since he almost descovered the idenity of the Blue Ranger. I wonder if Bulk and Spike trying to find the Rangers will be explored again.

I didn't expect to see Medina in the opening credits. I assume this means Dekker sticks around for awhile. Its good to have a villain around with a human face. The villain's side really needed that.

Mia turning the Beetlezord over to Mike was noble. But I do think it sent a counter message. Mia kept doubting herself all episode and just gave it to Mike. Who actually acted pretty irresponsibly. This also has the undertones that the girls take a back seat to the boys. Notice how Emily and Mia are both left out with the second Zord control. I'm not saying that was there intent. But I can't help thinking of that. The episode actually would have meant more if Mike didn't get the disk and supported Mia. I would have loved for him to have turned it down, instead encouraging the Pink Ranger for her to believe in herself.

I think the part of the episode where we are supposed to see Ji is wrong is weak. While Mike did work hard, he did something very irresponsible. He tried to use the disk against Ji's orders. And during a battle no less. He put his team in great danger. While Ji did need to choose a different tactic to teach Mike, I think he was justifyed to be mad at him. Are they trying to tell kids that when you misbehave, the people that correct you are wrong? Emily came off like a child for siding with Mike so much in this. This part of the episode just felt off.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/31/11, 09:38 PM   #2
mbozzo
Power Ranger

Default Re: "Forest For The Trees" Discussion

'Forest For The Trees' is a good episode. Mike felt left out when the Beetle Disk was given to Mia. He trained even harder to master it. When he try to use it, it didn't work for him. Mentor gotten angry with him, causing him to leave. Spile guessed that Mike was a Samurai Ranger, when he heard him say 'Samuraizer'. Mentor decided to teach Mike how to tap into his forest powers. Once he learn to do that, he was able to use the Beetle Disk to help his fellow rangers to create a new Megazord to defeat the monster of the episode.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply