Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/07/15, 12:55 PM   #11
Omega Black
Ranger In Training

Default Re: Dai Shi's origins

I liked Dai Shi. He was a cool villain. I liked Jarrod's fall and return to goodness. It interesting how human Dai Shi was really a human hybrid of the real Dai Shi and Jarrod. I liked it when Dai Shi became the Phantom Beast King. It was cool how Jarrod could still use his armor mode to help the Rangers.
Omega Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/07/15, 05:13 PM   #12
Superstatler
Power Ranger

It was too confusing about whether Jarrod was Dai Shi or an aprentice. Since he was treated like a newbie by the Skylords but was treated like Dai Shi by Camille and the Phantom Beasts.
Superstatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/07/15, 09:04 PM   #13
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstatler View Post
It was too confusing about whether Jarrod was Dai Shi or an aprentice. Since he was treated like a newbie by the Skylords but was treated like Dai Shi by Camille and the Phantom Beasts.
Dai-Shi had possession of Jarrod but in a lot of cases it was Jarrod acting out even though it was Dai-Shi's evil influence that was causing it. I think the best example is something that happened in Smallville.
SPOILER:
In "Solitude," Clark had trusted his Professor; Milton Fine with his stories that Jor-El (Clark's biological Father) was a manipulator and a torturer and Clark was willing to do whatever it took to get rid of the manipulator even if it meant destroying the Fortress of Solitude with Fine's Black Crystal however it ended up being a trip since Fine was Brainiac, a Kryptonian artificial intelligence program that was built by Kryptonians namely Jor-El... anyway I'm off of my point Lionel Luthor had went to the Daily Planet to see Chloe Sullivan (Clark's best friend who knew of Clark's alien secret) and he told her about another person who had superhuman powers at the college in Kansas the college that Clark goes to and he mentions to her that the person's name is Milton Fine. He intentionally went to Chloe because he knew she would get involved and find out that Milton Fine is not of good intentions and end up saving Clark in the end so that Clark could finish off Brainiac. Now while it was Lionel that was in control he wouldn't have had that knowledge without Jor-El's influence since Jor-El's A.I. program had possessed him previously and while I doubt he retained all of that knowledge Jor-El likely uploaded some information from his Fortress console over to Lionel due to the situation... basically like the program is playing a game of chess if you will.

The Skylords were there to train Jarrod to help him out with getting rid of his humanity. Grizzaka didn't care who he was as long as he was in a human host. The Phantom Beasts didn't care about Dai-Shi being in a human host same with Camille they just wanted to conquer the world regardless of who they allied themselves with - Dai-Shi himself or Dai-Shi in Jarrod's body.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/15, 07:56 AM   #14
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Jarrodd should have been an aprenntice to the real big bad and Dai Shi only the name he took once he went bad. Also lets have none of this Jarrod is a nice guy crap. The guy was a jerk all season. The suddent turn to good was out of left field. Maybe JF would have been watchable with these changes.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply