Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/16/15, 09:10 PM   #1
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re-do a Power Rangers Season - MMPR Season 1

I saw this idea over at rangerboard and I thought it'd be an interesting idea so let's do one for every season.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/16, 09:50 PM   #2
mbozzo
Power Ranger

Default Re: Re-do a Power Rangers Season - MMPR Season 1

I won't redo season 1 much. Have Tommy stay in the series as a friend and secret helper to the rangers until he become the Green Ranger, again.

Last edited by mbozzo; 02/09/16 at 10:35 PM.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/16, 10:53 PM   #3
Zabitan
Administrator

Long Answer

Short answer: Off the top of my head maybe give it some overarching plot of sorts.

Like I'm thinking the Rangers are descendants of the original Rangers who sealed Rita.

I'm trying to think what else without spoiling my story but maybe when Tommy becomes the Green Ranger it's because he finds out about the Green Ranger morpher, and how whoever finds it becomes the new Green Ranger.

But when he uses it turns him evil because the original Green Ranger turned evil, and started working for Rita so she put a curse on the Green Ranger coin.

Have Lokar be Lord Zedd or at least make him her boss even if he only shows up in Island of Illusion, and Doomsday.

Thrax shows up in Doomsday as Kai from Zyuranger.

I guess maybe take some episodes here, and there, and combine them.

For instance my version of Island of Illusion is also my version of Gung Ho, and my version of Doomsday is also my version of Return of an Old Friend.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/16, 04:25 PM   #4
MattEmily
Administrator

Let's see... what changes would I have made?

I would've made it so that one or 2 of the Rangers was a relative of Zordon.

1 of them would've been a relative of Rita and another one would be a relative of Lokar.

Lokar would be deemed as Rita's Boss.

During the time she casts a spell on Tommy it would've been a dark spell that comes from Lokar's magic since he is the one that gave her the magical powers as well as her skull.

Rita using Lokar's dark magic however is forbidden so it results in damaging her for a bit and being unable to use spells.

Rita would be angry and even more desperate because of this and would start going after anything and anyone whether it's a civilian, a Ranger or whatever.

Zordon would imply that he did not make any of the zords he just made them exist and brought them to Earth.

Lokar's dark magic is the magic that activated the Dragonzord and his dark magic is also what created the Sword of Darkness.

The Super Putty is an ancient form of dark magic that Lokar had created millions of years ago even before he and Rita started attacking Zordon for the Power Coins and Ninjor's Dinozords.

Rita was jealous of Zordon because he had 6 Power Coins and 6 Dinozords however during a battle she was able to steal the 6th Coin as well as the Dragonzord due to Lokar's dark magic that both she and him ended up using.

Zordon had studied the dark magic that they had used and created the Thunderslingers from that dark magic however being an Eltarian wizard it was illegal for him to use such dark magic no matter what the reason was so he hid them away in hopes that he would never have to use them and he had placed Titanus there in order to guard them so that no one would be able to get to them without it firing at them.
The Thunderslingers were also placed with a protective barrier meaning that only Zordon knew where they were and only he knew the key to releasing them from their barrier which of course was by having 2 Rangers learn a valuable lesson of some kind while near their location.

Tommy would lose his powers like we saw but he would give his Coin to Jason as well like we saw in the power and of course the whole thing with him regaining his powers would be the same thing as well except that his powers are still tied to Lokar's dark magic and during 1 battle Lokar strips him of his powers however Zordon and Alpha find a way to disconnect his powers from Lokar's dark magic and he is able to resume as the Green Ranger but as a result of the dark magic being in control of the powers for so long the dark magic has corrupted them and pretty soon they will be gone.
Old 02/16/16, 04:37 PM   #5
Zabitan
Administrator

Damn that's pretty awesome.

I thought of another thing about Tommy.

The only thing I haven't figured out is would I have brought back Tommy as the Green Ranger or not.

And the reason is that if I do I would have kept his powers permanent but save all the Zyu2 episodes with Dragon Ranger until Season 2.

Or I keep him temporary, and try to find some way to have the power limit early.

The only problem is I can't think of how without making Tommy's entire run as the Green Ranger just Burai: The American version.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/16, 10:47 PM   #6
MattEmily
Administrator

thanks and I would've kept him as a Ranger but I would've had it so that he would eventually be able to defeat Rita and imprison her in a dumpster but Zordon would've used his magical powers to place a special seal on the dumpster so that it'd be difficult to break but Goldar would succeed in stealing it and he would give it to Finster so that he could work on trying to break it.

Goldar would've taken over as the leader for the remainder of the season. Goldar would've been in control until all of the Zyu2 monsters are exhausted at which point Lord Zedd would come and then that would lead into Season 2 stuff.
Post New ThreadReply