Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadClosed Thread

Old 04/05/08, 02:40 PM   #51
Sakura3
Power Ranger

I just finished watching this and I noticed something major.

If anybody's ever seen Karate Kid or read thoes boks I've noticed in this episode that the way RJ trains Casey is the exact same style as Daniel in the Karate Kid

Casey's floor cleaning training wins the fight is similar to that when Daniel's Crane Kick wins that Karate match. Casey was even as ticked off with RJ as Daniel was with his trainer.

I swear they ripped this plot out of the Karate Kid movies.
Old 04/05/08, 03:53 PM   #52
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simango
I swear they ripped this plot out of the Karate Kid movies.
As has every other TV show with that plotline. "Chores Training" is almost as common a practice to martial arts fiction as time travel to science fiction.
Old 04/15/08, 03:27 PM   #53
Knightfall
Rider Power Member

Default Jungle Fury Feedback: Good Karma, Bad Karma

The episode is now available on Jetix.tv.

I thought this episode had some interesting ideas but ultimately didnt execute them as well.

It reminded me of the early MMPR episodes that pushed morals at you with those 'Rangers teaching kids a lesson' plots.

If Jarrod is possessed by the evil spirit of Daishi, what is the point of erasing Jarrod's past good deeds?

It seems Jarrod always had bad hair throughout his life; maybe thats why he's so pissy.

My biggest WTF moment in this episode was Casey wearing his JF uniform when talking to the kid.

How could the kid not realize Casey was the Red Ranger when he had the Order of the Claw ranger symbol all over that uniform?

What is the point of the uniforms if the rangers are trying to keep secret identities?

This episode gets 3/5 bottles of slime on a kite.
Old 04/19/08, 01:09 PM   #54
Sakura3
Power Ranger

Watched this on ABC today in the 1st slot.

Anyway I like where this is going. I just wonder if Theo and Lilly will get Strike Riders soon.

As far as this episode goes the US version Venom Fists looked uglier than the ones out of Toei. For some reason Disney cranked up the ugly factor on thoes guys.

As for Jared and Camile -

I figured they'd get beast modes of some kind.
Old 04/19/08, 04:32 PM   #55
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simango
I just wonder if Theo and Lilly will get Strike Riders soon.
Nope.

Quote:
As far as this episode goes the US version Venom Fists looked uglier than the ones out of Toei. For some reason Disney cranked up the ugly factor on thoes guys.
Disney takes the suits directly from Toei after Sentai finishes their year. They're the exact same.
Old 04/20/08, 04:17 AM   #56
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Steel
How could the kid not realize Casey was the Red Ranger when he had the Order of the Claw ranger symbol all over that uniform?
He assumed Casey's a cosplayer? XD

I think this is my second favorite JF so far. I agree that it felt like MMPR. Monster with a special ability, had to think it through to defeat him, Ranger teaching random kid valuable lesson.

An Eel Rinshi doing the worm .gif would be off the hook!
Old 04/20/08, 01:30 PM   #57
PRangerX
Administrator

I think they made a good attempt at getting into the Ranger's personal lives at the pizza parlor. I think stuff like that could interest the kids watching. Plus it wasn't a plot lifted from the Sentai.

There was also some good villian drama. Its interesting to see the relationship between Dia Shi and Camille explored. I like how they teased Camille turning against Dai Shi, only to have her betray the monster. The five poisions were pretty much a waste though.
Old 04/20/08, 01:32 PM   #58
PRangerX
Administrator

The master plot was interesting. But was pretty rushed. I think this episode is a bit overrated. I don't have any serious problems with it though. I actually thought "Pizza Slice Of Life" was more interesting.
Old 04/20/08, 05:19 PM   #59
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Thought it was the best episode so far. Strong moral, good character development, and pretty nice wild set. I agree with Chris that the fishing thing didn't make sense, but more for the fact that Pangolin had been drilling for minutes, so for the Jungle Mace to catch up to him that quickly was just weird.

And "Jungle Pride with Elephant Power" is the best name they could come up with? Jungle Pride Elephant Megazord, Jungle Elephant Megazord, Elephant Pride Megazord, Jungle Mace Megazord, just something that sounds combined.

But they tried, and they succeeded. Good marks.
Old 04/22/08, 03:41 PM   #60
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Default Jungle Fury Feedback: Blind Leading the Blind

Heard it's up on Jetix.tv. Anyone who's seen it is free to talk.
Post New ThreadClosed Thread