Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 07/08/21, 10:00 AM   #31
Miki1988
Power Ranger

Default Re: Hasbro cutting ties with Toei? Power Rangers ending?

As I've said on another board: Power Rangers in an IP (Intellectual Property) and Toei owns half of it. If Sentai adaptations aren't bringing in enough cash to keep the franchise going, then it's time to go big, try something new & original in order to maintain development and expansion of the Power Rangers franchise.

If Hasbro wants to produce an original kids TV series, an adult TV series, an animated series, feature movies or anything else, they are not limited to having to use the Sentai footage. If original suit/prop/set designs come to mind, they still have to consult with Toei to get their approval in order to film anything. Hasbro isn't even limited to use just Toei's designs. They can/have to even ask Toei to co-produce a Power Rangers-related project. But using Sentai footage is clearly outdated, nothing has changed about it in the past 28 years, plus there are rules and factors on how many years Hasbro can wait to adapt a certain Sentai season since the suits, props etc. don't last forever and I believe that there's a time span for certain Sentai footage in which it can be used for a PR adaptation.

Power Rangers has always aried on TV. Now it basically became a Netflix exclusive. That's like the last stop the TV series in its current format can make since it did change channels a lot since it began, which can also be a sign that the current format needs to go away if the franchise is to be kept alive, regularly develpped and its presence maintained.

I don't like the idea of Sentai adaptations ending, but if that's what it takes to save it from complete fail, I fully support the idea.
Miki1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/10/21, 03:47 PM   #32
JungleFury Cat
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki1988 View Post
Now it basically became a Netflix exclusive.
Does that mean they are not going to air the rest of Dino Fury on Nickelodeon during the fall?
I doubt I'll ever have a streaming service. I'm thankful I got see it this far, but I guess there's still hope that it will be on TV.

I don't think I would be interested in movies. The language in the last one ruined it for me; Power Rangers had never been like that.
JungleFury Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/11/21, 08:30 AM   #33
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleFury Cat View Post
Does that mean they are not going to air the rest of Dino Fury on Nickelodeon during the fall?
I doubt I'll ever have a streaming service. I'm thankful I got see it this far, but I guess there's still hope that it will be on TV.

I don't think I would be interested in movies. The language in the last one ruined it for me; Power Rangers had never been like that.
they are still contracted to finish out the year with Nick so that's what they're going to do but after that? That's it

I don't mind language, my problem with the last movie was there just wasn't much Power Rangers
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/20/21, 01:54 PM   #34
PRangerX
Administrator

The new movie will have a different vision from 2017 ...For better or worse. I still say they could have done a sequel that improved the suits/zords and had more action. They had a strong cast and good character.development set up with movie one. Starting over doesn't always mean more money. But its been so long and we have new owners/studio...So its inevitable at this point.

I think the world and circumstances has changed. PR has done an amazing job of surviving with the SantaI Adaptions long after most shows would have been discontinued or revamped. Its really amazing they have been able to go on this long. They even survived Disney's cancellation. Which should have put the live sentai adaptions on pause for at least a few years. We only lost one year with a bad MMPE re-edit.

Neo Saban tried to ecapture the magic of PR and keep the adaptiona going while gowing the bland. Things really didn't make turn out the way they wanted. Now that Hasbro is in charge they want to think outside the box to grow the brand.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply