Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/07/15, 10:02 PM   #1
redspdranger
Putty Patroller

Default Should power rangers be more mature than what it is now?

his question is raised because i have seen many guys in many forums asking for a more mature storyline in power rangers. Mature means more violence than it is now and with a more detailed romance which includes kiss. What is your choice, a mature power rangers or a kid friendly power rangers.

I would vote for a kid friendly staunchly because that's what makes power rangers apart from other television shows.

I'm 18, i and you can definitely handle mature themes but guys we need to really understand that power rangers main target is kids who can be as low as 4 year old and don't you think if we have mature storyline then what will the kid learn from it. Even in the current season the way gia and jake relationship went ahead, i felt it gave a wrong message to kids. Its important that even if we have lighter dose of romance, we need to keep it in a such a way that kids should learn a good thing about it not get astray. So i strongly feel that power rangers need to be kid friendly and involve no kisses as many guys are demanding in this forum and in other forums. What would you say. Mature Power rangers or kid friendly power rangers
redspdranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/15, 10:04 PM   #2
AlwaysARanger
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Should power rangers be more mature than what it is now

Now yes this is a kids show and the main target demo is the what 5 to 12 yr old market. But the show itself should be all baby kid show. We don't need it be a barney or blues clues type feel. More so with the dumbing down scripts and not letting the actors really act out. I would like if the tone and acting was more mature like ie a in space thru time force level of things.
AlwaysARanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/15, 10:07 PM   #3
SpidahMan
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Should power rangers be more mature than what it is now

It should be more mature because I strongly believe that everything should appease me and how dare something target itself at little kids. Shows are allowed to target themselves at adults and target themselves at all ages to include me, but it damn well better include me in the target audience.
SpidahMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/15, 10:20 PM   #4
prblackforce
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Should power rangers be more mature than what it is now?

There's a certain level of maturity in PR that I want. It has to be way more mature than what Samurai and Megaforce gave us with all that baby-like expository dialogue. It also doesn't have to be as dark as RPM. I still want PR's goofiness but in a way where the characters and writing is solid enough for them to touch on things in a sensible way. For example, in a lot seasons, we had rangers contemplate the consequences of their actions, technique, or way of life and have that build them as a character and provides good morals for kids to learn from. We got none of that in Samurai or Megaforce. For example, in Lightspeed's third episode, Carter is forced between putting out a fire, that Vypra made in order to set off explosives, or saving a boy from getting hurt. Either way, someone was gonna get hurt but if he had made the choice to save the boy instead of the fire, then everyone, not just the boy, would have been injured or killed. Another is in RPM's Ranger Yellow when Summer, being a spoiled rich girl questions her own actions when her butler, Andrews, attempts to provide for her, and even protect her, in the face of danger. She finally grows when Andrew dies, solidifying the dangers of the situation in her and how she needs to mature herself to the character she grows to be in the first episode. Leo's atonement for what happened to Mike during the earlier parts through the end of the Magna Defender/Lights of Orion arc in Lost Galaxy is an excellent form of character development, one that spans over a believable amount of time that feels natural with also natural growths and outcomes. In the beginning, he feels he doesn't deserve the powers as Mike pulled out the saber and that he should have saved him instead. Later, he is seen training often, to not let his inherited powers go to waste. When the Magna Defender appears, he is reminded of his brother and when he finally finds out that Mike is inside of him, Leo refuses to destroy him when he is offered the opportunity to. When Mike finally returns, Leo tries to give the red quasar saber to him but ends up keeping it for himself. We need this kind of storytelling and maturity in Power Rangers! I don't want life lessons to be "THEY TOOK OUR WEAPONS! RANGERS NEVER LET GO OF THEIR WEAPONS!". PR needs to show it's competence through the right amount of maturity. It's probably the only way for the series, as a whole, to grow to the levels of DC and Marvel where being an adult fan of them is seen as okay. (Not that being an adult fan PR is bad, it's just too niche and people will always associate what they see on TV currently, which is the Neo-Saban stuff, with what builds the majority of the fandom.)
prblackforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/15, 10:21 PM   #5
AlwaysARanger
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by prblackforce View Post
There's a certain level of maturity in PR that I want. It has to be way more mature than what Samurai and Megaforce gave us with all that baby-like expository dialogue. It also doesn't have to be as dark as RPM. I still want PR's goofiness but in a way where the characters and writing is solid enough for them to touch on things in a sensible way. For example, in a lot seasons, we had rangers contemplate the consequences of their actions, technique, or way of life and have that build them as a character and provides good morals for kids to learn from. We got none of that in Samurai or Megaforce. For example, in Lightspeed's third episode, Carter is forced between putting out a fire, that Vypra made in order to set off explosives, or saving a boy from getting hurt. Either way, someone was gonna get hurt but if he had made the choice to save the boy instead of the fire, then everyone, not just the boy, would have been injured or killed. Another is in RPM's Ranger Yellow when Summer, being a spoiled rich girl questions her own actions when her butler, Andrews, attempts to provide for her, and even protect her, in the face of danger. She finally grows when Andrew dies, solidifying the dangers of the situation in her and how she needs to mature herself to the character she grows to be in the first episode. Leo's atonement for what happened to Mike during the earlier parts through the end of the Magna Defender/Lights of Orion arc in Lost Galaxy is an excellent form of character development, one that spans over a believable amount of time that feels natural with also natural growths and outcomes. In the beginning, he feels he doesn't deserve the powers as Mike pulled out the saber and that he should have saved him instead. Later, he is seen training often, to not let his inherited powers go to waste. When the Magna Defender appears, he is reminded of his brother and when he finally finds out that Mike is inside of him, Leo refuses to destroy him when he is offered the opportunity to. When Mike finally returns, Leo tries to give the red quasar saber to him but ends up keeping it for himself. We need this kind of storytelling and maturity in Power Rangers! I don't want life lessons to be "THEY TOOK OUR WEAPONS! RANGERS NEVER LET GO OF THEIR WEAPONS!". PR needs to show it's competence through the right amount of maturity. It's probably the only way for the series, as a whole, to grow to the levels of DC and Marvel where being an adult fan of them is seen as okay. (Not that being an adult fan PR is bad, it's just too niche and people will always associate what they see on TV currently, which is the Neo-Saban stuff, with what builds the majority of the fandom.)
this is what i would like too, we dont need gritty/dark/ and super mature things. Just better character driven plots, character development and none of this dam talking down type talk. Kids today are alot wiser and get adult things. And i would like to see that type of thing for pr to be taken more seriously but still yes have its inherint silly/goofyness.
AlwaysARanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/15, 07:44 PM   #6
Galaxy Supreme
Comic Relief

I liked the level of maturity from Space-Time Force.I don't need it to be Game of Thrones. But I love the kid scifi fill of those seasons.
Galaxy Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/15, 10:42 AM   #7
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

I don't want grim/ dark Power Rangers. I want the show to be fun and comedic. I want larger than life characters that I can relate to. Thats why I love MMPR so much. The seasons after it failed because they became too serious. Recent series have failed because they wanted to recreate MMPR and can never do it right.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/15, 10:45 AM   #8
Lightspeed Zeo
Power Ranger

I think Lightspeed Rescue is everything modern Power Rangers should strive for. It has a simple toryline. Yet it isn't afraid to be fun and focus on the characters. There are also some good episodes like the above mentioned "Trail by Fire".
Lightspeed Zeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/15, 10:50 AM   #9
Usagi Reborn
Power Ranger

The show was diffinitly at its best in Space-WF. A Good mix of drama and action. But there was still enough fun for everyone. Thats all I want. Too many people automatically think you want grim and dark Power Rangers when ever you mention it being more mature. And I don't ink thats what people usually mean. I just want the show to not treat its audience like it is dumb.
Usagi Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/14/15, 11:37 PM   #10
Sledge's Bounty
Comic Relief

Power Rangers mature? Its a kids show that is supposed to be fun. Why would they make it dark and serious? That would make no sense.
Sledge's Bounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply