Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/07/14, 11:13 PM   #1
The 2nd Evil
Putty Patroller

Default Channeling Our Animal Spirits: A Jungle Fury Retrospective

Jungle Fury. This is what I consider to be the last truly great season of the show to this point, so it's time to see if if I still think so, or if it is the non existent "Good ol' days" at work.

For two part episodes, I will be looking at the completed story under one review.

Welcome To The Jungle

I wonder if they'll be fun and games.

Okay, so the very first thing we get with the season is the theme song, and sweet merciful goodness, it is amazing!

A great, upbeat and catchy tune. Memorable lyrics, if not a little on the cheesy side (telling the main villain to "go away", and all), and the song has actual harmonies and everything! When was the last time that happened?!

I'm still waiting for Power Rangers to have a theme song that surpasses this. It has not happened yet, and after hearing Dino Charge's, it still hasn't. Best of luck to the Power Rangers season of 2017, though.

The downside to the title sequence is it tells you within the first 30 seconds that Dai Shi is possessing Jarrod, so the build up to that reveal over the two episodes is killed before the episode itself has even officially started.

These episodes... I love them. I absolutely love them. I love all the character interactions, specifically that the three are not instantly buddy-buddy, but are still nice to each other, occasional snark, notwithstanding. The designs all look slick, and this season is Koichi's magnum opus as far as fight choreography goes.

Overall Grade: A.

This was just fun. A very nice set up to the season, with it having a Kung-Fu movie flair. RJ owns. Fran owns. Just about everything about these episodes own, except some ADR dialogue that was just baffling.
The 2nd Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply