Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/05/14, 07:54 PM   #11
Spademan52
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Possible Extended Cut of Legendary Battle?

So if what the message on Ciara's twitter is true then we're going to be getting an extended episode? I really have a hard time believing that but then again anything would be better than the international episode we saw. And if what Soulspice said was true then it wasn't the fans themselves that made Saban change their minds but the case and crew themselves? Good to see Saban still cares about the money....I mean the end product!
Spademan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/14, 07:55 PM   #12
CanidianRanger8
Putty Patroller

Extended cut seems pretty much verified! I assume the cast & crew had a lot of leverage in this being done! Only thing that'd make me even more excited about this news, is if they get the voice actor who voiced Gosei in to explain a few things!
CanidianRanger8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/14, 07:56 PM   #13
Elephant
Putty Patroller

ow, there may be some hope for a decent finale after all.

This feels like a last ditch effort, otherwise the extended version would have been 100% done already. There shouldn't be any other reason why the Megaforce Rangers are doing ADR weeks before the episode's supposed to air. So the finale may not be as good as we wished, but it seems like they're doing what they can.

Maybe Saban is listening to the fans? I think it's admirable, I guess they knew how much JT fucked up and they're doing what they can to make this episode Legendary.

I hope they did rid of that pointless RoboKnight scene as well as Tommy becoming the Green Samurai Ranger. Maybe they can try quickly reaching out to the guest Rangers to do additional ADR as well?

I wish whoever's editing this together the best of luck.
Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/14, 07:57 PM   #14
Digifiend
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaDan View Post
If this does end up being noticeably better than the international airing, I kind of wish I just waited to watch it.

Even if it's just more war footage, it could help. My biggest problem was the cameos were for the most part wasted, but the battle itself was extremely poorly cut/edited anyways. Once the fight started it didn't even look like the Megaforce rangers were even in the same place. Was there a single shot of the Megaforce rangers during the actual fight, with any other rangers on screen? I didn't like how it just cut to the megaforce rangers/ than the old Gokaiger footage, and back again. It just seemed disconnected.
Well, Orion was absent in the source footage, as was Titanium Ranger. And Goseiger didn't feature much in the Sentai Legend War other than leading the charge, so the other Mega Rangers also got the shaft, until they did the stock footage Megaforce Blaster shot at the end (another fail - surely their most powerful finisher is the Super Mega Cannon? Or if not that, at least use Ultra Mode
Digifiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/14, 07:58 PM   #15
powerpackers
Putty Patroller

Someone on RC said Ciara favorite a tweet adding back in deleted scenes of the war.

And remember Tzachor is gone so I'm sure it won't be that bad the dialogue.
powerpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/14, 08:00 PM   #16
nightmere11
Putty Patroller

They're most likely just going to air the episode with the other(/extra?) scenes that were cut out: Jason Faunt's other lines, Hector and Brittany's lines (assuming they had any to begin with same with Melody Perkins), past villains, etc.
nightmere11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/14, 08:01 PM   #17
MastaDan2
Putty Patroller

I hope so. If I was Hector or Brittany I would be kinda upset about going down there just for a scene of them literally standing there. If they didn't have lines to begin with that's a different story, but just a waste of resources.
MastaDan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/14, 08:02 PM   #18
Kachidoki_Arms
Putty Patroller

I can only imagine someone walking up to Judd Lynn, handing him a box of all of the cut footage from Megaforce and the Mega War, and saying "please, fix this shit."

One can dream.
Kachidoki_Arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/14, 08:03 PM   #19
Evil Haim Saban2
Putty Patroller

Personally, I'd give the footage to an editor and not a writer. I feel the editor would have a better idea with what to do with it.
Evil Haim Saban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/14, 08:04 PM   #20
Kachidoki_Arms
Putty Patroller

Judd's more than just a writer though... he's served in a variety of capacities since the early days of MMPR, as a PA to the writing staff to head writer and all the way up to the Executive Producer position. I'd say he more than a lot of people would be able to craft a story around the bits and pieces that were left out.

Editor's don't craft a story, they take what the writer/producer instruct them to use and make all of the pieces fit that story.
Kachidoki_Arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply