Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/05/14, 07:41 PM   #1
powerpackers
Putty Patroller

Default Possible Extended Cut of Legendary Battle?

Looks like we might be getting a extended cut of the legendary war. ciara just tweeted about doing ADR for a extended episode
powerpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/14, 07:45 PM   #2
MastaDan2
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Possible Extended Cut of Legendary Battle?

So wait, would that just be the version that airs in the US to begin with? Or will they play the episode twice for this?

IMO it should have been at the very least a 2 parter episode to being with. There just wasn't enough time.
MastaDan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/14, 07:45 PM   #3
JacobYBM
Putty Patroller

It isn't uncommon for international masters of episodes to different from the original. I wonder if this was always the plan? Saban Brands couldn't guarantee an international airing of an extended episode, so they simply put out a general episode? I wonder if this cut was supervised by Judd Lynn? It'd be interesting if he wrote new dialogue or if new footage was shot.

I almost expect this to just be more Gokaiger footage without any extra New Zealand footage.
JacobYBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/14, 07:46 PM   #4
MastaDan2
Putty Patroller

If this does end up being noticeably better than the international airing, I kind of wish I just waited to watch it.

Even if it's just more war footage, it could help. My biggest problem was the cameos were for the most part wasted, but the battle itself was extremely poorly cut/edited anyways. Once the fight started it didn't even look like the Megaforce rangers were even in the same place. Was there a single shot of the Megaforce rangers during the actual fight, with any other rangers on screen? I didn't like how it just cut to the megaforce rangers/ than the old Gokaiger footage, and back again. It just seemed disconnected.
MastaDan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/14, 07:47 PM   #5
Akamuro
Putty Patroller

They should had put some effort for the season finale, or this will had the same situation of Space Finale, since they plan more Parts for the story but they just show up 2
Akamuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/14, 07:48 PM   #6
AkibaGold90
Putty Patroller

So, they found the original footage JT left on the cutting room floor. I kid, but it stills seems kinda weird she's doing ADR now of all times, but perhaps Saban Brands was attempting to get an extended episode and only now got the OK. Or perhaps they're trying to make amends to the fans in show of good faith after the international version's poor reception (maybe with footage of AbarePink flying to boot).
AkibaGold90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/14, 07:49 PM   #7
RangerFan866
Putty Patroller

Odds are that an extended episode was always in the cards for the Legend War. However, due to how far ahead of us that the overseas market is, they had to rush out an shorter, incomplete version to make their deadlines over there.

But for here, they always had the plan of a longer episode.
RangerFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/14, 07:50 PM   #8
johnboy34
Putty Patroller

Okay, it seems like they're trying to pull a Hail Mary on this. I'm not hopeful, but I am interested.
johnboy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/14, 07:52 PM   #9
AkibaGold90
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan866 View Post
Odds are that an extended episode was always in the cards for the Legend War. However, due to how far ahead of us that the overseas market is, they had to rush out an shorter, incomplete version to make their deadlines over there.

But for here, they always had the plan of a longer episode.
They filmed it in May of 2013. There is no reason the international version of what is supposed to be the crown jewel of the series should have been rushed.
AkibaGold90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/14, 07:53 PM   #10
big smile
Putty Patroller

This is very, very strange. Filming of the legend war was in May of last year. But now, they are putting the final touches to an extended episode. It's not like they didn't have the time do it earlier. Also, why would they have filmed extra footage if they weren't originally going to use it?

Still I'm not complaining. They are probably reacting to the negative feedback, and while they should have really done a good job the first time around (It's not like they didn't have the time to plan), I give them credit for trying to fix it.
big smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply