Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/08/14, 07:45 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default JDF wants to fight CM Punk in UFC

https://www.yahoo.com/games/news/gre...190002899.html

Sounds like a publicity stunt. Since JDF isnt even in UFC and CM Punk just signed. Not even sure if they would be in same weight class. But they both would be new fighters starting on the bottom. But until Frank gets a UFC deal none of this matters. Fighting in a few low level fights isnt neccessarly gonna get you a deal with the top MMA promotion in MMA.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/09/14, 12:17 PM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: JDF wants to fight CM Punk in UFC

I agree that I believe that it's not only just a publicity stunt but also JDF doing what he does best which is shooting his mouth off.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/09/14, 04:53 PM   #3
Luke
Putty Patroller

Angry Re: JDF wants to fight CM Punk in UFC

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/12/08...unk-in-the-ufc

JDF is looking to be the first to fight CM Punk in his Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) debut. Strictly a professional callout since I guess the two used to jokingly say they could beat one another up.

"I'm sorry guys I have to do this and wake up UFC," the post reads. "I like CM this is just a professional call out. This is my life and I deserve a shot at this. Haters hate, winners WIN. It's a great fight embrace don't hate."

He's looking for anyone and everyone to mass tweet the president of the UFC Dana White asking for this fight.

For those of you who don't know JDF is a black belt in Kempo karate, as well as Jiu-Jitsu. He has an amateur record of 4-0 and a professional record of 1-0. All of his fights have ended in the first round via submission, although his competition hasn't been the most stellar.

Whether or not you like JDF you should still try and help him out, because he might viciously lose which should make his haters quite happy (although I'd be willing to bet my house on him winning).

Before you say there's no chance at this happening the UFC has been willing to make fights like these in the past with fighters like James Tony (0-0 mma record), Brock Lesnar (1-0 mma record), and YouTube sensation Kimbo Slice. If the UFC thinks it will make them a good chunk of change they will most definitely make this fight happen.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/09/14, 04:58 PM   #4
ShadeHedgehog
Putty Patroller

Well... I like CM Punk, I like JDF, so why not have them face off?
I don't watch MMA but I'd watch it =P

That should be the mindset, you've already got the CM Punk marks from the outside ready to see his first match, why not add a little more marquee value to the fight?

The only thing that could top it would be if you had him face Lesnar in the octagon =D
ShadeHedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/09/14, 05:00 PM   #5
lablue6uy
Putty Patroller

^seriously alright i get people don't like jdf but lets look at this jdf is a seventh degree black belt has a purple belt in brazilian ju sitzu and he's undefeated as an amutuer and professional mma fighter but yea cm punk will win because he was a wrestler and he trained for a for a few months in ju sitzu or however you spell it i mean come on seriously people
lablue6uy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/09/14, 05:01 PM   #6
white dino ranger
Putty Patroller

I'm pulling for CM Punk if they do fight. I don't like JDF, not after the garbage he's been pulling this year.
white dino ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/15, 02:03 PM   #7
PsychoGreen
Comic Relief

Jesus Didn't Tap.

I'd watch them fight. But I feel like it won't happen, at least not right away.
PsychoGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/15, 03:07 PM   #8
PRangerX
Administrator

Yeah, JDF isn't anywhere close to UFC. So this will never happen while Punk is in UFC.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/15, 03:13 PM   #9
Khan's Wrath
Ranger In Training

I think JDF could beat Punk. Since he has a lot of martial arts experiance. And Punk doesn't have much MMA experiance. But it won't happen unless Punk jumps to Bellator or somewhere else.
Khan's Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/15, 11:32 AM   #10
Byron Stinger
Ranger In Training

Jason David Frank would diffinitly win.
Byron Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply