Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10/23/14, 05:54 PM   #1
danlav05
Putty Patroller

Default Are there any Sentai elements that you wish were in Power Rangers?

AS we all know the various Power Rangers seasons have varied as to how much they take and leave from Super Sentai but are there elements from the original that you wish made it into the Power Rangers?

Ninjaman was in Gokaiger but Ninjor doesn't seem to show up in Super Megaforce, the Go-Busters suits look cool and different to what has come before in PR, apart from maybe the first movie - however that season seems to be skipped.

I saw some Zyuranger many years ago and I was surprised at how different many things were!
danlav05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/23/14, 08:46 PM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Are there any Sentai elements that you wish were in Power Rangers?

Let's see here....

MMPR = I can't really think of anything here.
MMPR2 = I personally would have preferred them changing how Serpentera operated so that it wasn't just a personal zord of Lord Zedd's. I preferred how he was done in Dairanger since he was a God that was basically neutral on the whole front, he just hated the fighting between both sides (Gorma and Dairanger) and so he went mad because of it.
MMPR3 = I would have wanted the Alien Rangers to actually pilot the Ninjazords at some point and to also have at least one battle with Ninjor.
Zeo =
Turbo =
Space =
Galaxy =
Lightspeed =
Time Force =
Wild Force =
Ninja Storm = I personally would have had Tao Zanto brought in as a final villain before the big battle but before that big battle Lothor then uses the powers of Tao Zanto to create a zord off of his (Tao Zanto's) energy.
Dino Thunder =
S.P.D =
Mystic Force =
Overdrive =
Jungle Fury =
RPM =
Samurai =
Megaforce = Ninjor obviously being in Super Megaforce but only IF they could get his original voice actor back otherwise I'd be saying no. No offense to Susan Brady but she did not do a good impression of Barbara Goodson's Rita and the same goes for Campbell's impression of Wendee Lee's Alpha 6 voice so I don't feel any actor in New Zealand would be able to capture the magic that was Ninjor's "Dudley Do Right" voice.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/22/17, 01:44 AM   #3
MattEmily
Administrator

here's an update

MMPR = I can't really think of anything here.
MMPR2 = I personally would have preferred them changing how Serpentera operated so that it wasn't just a personal zord of Lord Zedd's. I preferred how he was done in Dairanger since he was a God that was basically neutral on the whole front, he just hated the fighting between both sides (Gorma and Dairanger) and so he went mad because of it.
MMPR3 = I would have wanted the Alien Rangers to actually pilot the Ninjazords at some point and to also have at least one battle with Ninjor.
Zeo =
Turbo =
Space =
Galaxy =
Lightspeed =
Time Force =
Wild Force =
Ninja Storm = I personally would have had Tao Zanto brought in as a final villain before the big battle but before that big battle Lothor then uses the powers of Tao Zanto to create a zord off of his (Tao Zanto's) energy.
Dino Thunder =
S.P.D = The "Judge, Jury and Executioner" aspect but Power Rangers should've altered it according to each criminal and they should've stated the crimes for each criminal.
Mystic Force =
Overdrive =
Jungle Fury =
RPM =
Samurai =
Megaforce = Ninjor obviously being in Super Megaforce but only IF they could get his original voice actor back otherwise I'd be saying no. No offense to Susan Brady but she did not do a good impression of Barbara Goodson's Rita and the same goes for Campbell's impression of Wendee Lee's Alpha 6 voice so I don't feel any actor in New Zealand would be able to capture the magic that was Ninjor's "Dudley Do Right" voice.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/22/17, 08:16 AM   #4
Captain Mutiny
Power Ranger

There is only one Tony Oliver.
Captain Mutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/22/17, 08:17 AM   #5
Sentai Is Forever
Sentai Snob

To Denounce the evils of America Sentai

To extend her reach to the html codes around

Sentai Snobs move at the speed of Goggle Fiber

Original Footage, thats not right!

Everything! No original footage unless it perfectly matches Sentai.
Sentai Is Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/22/17, 08:19 AM   #6
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Eh I don't really care about Sentai. But if they adapt plots that are good or other good elements...I am fine with it. That hasn't happened since Wild Force though.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/22/17, 08:24 AM   #7
Sentai Envy
Sentai Snob

Excellent idea forever! We should use my slogan whenever we post in a thread. Especially an American Sentai thread.
Sentai Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/22/17, 08:32 AM   #8
Fanboy Supreme
Comic Relief

Power Rangers have to copy Sentai. It depends on what I want though. Since my opinion carries a lot of wait with the production staff and the fanbase .
Fanboy Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/22/17, 10:28 AM   #9
Dic Dubber
Ranger In Training

I like it when PR does its own thing. Its fine to adapt Sentai plots if they work in PR. But they have relied too much on Sentai for a long time now. MMPR did it the best.
Dic Dubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/22/17, 01:19 PM   #10
Red With Evil
Putty Patroller

Not really, I don't go by Sentai plots or US plots. Its just whatever I like or think is good.
Red With Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply