Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/12/17, 10:32 AM   #1
Ranger Hero
Putty Patroller

Default Ranger Black

Lets face it RPM suffered greatly in the end because they cut Eddie's original ending. The finale and most of the second half of the season came off flat because of all the rushed changes.

Ending the season with Dillon being a sleeper Venjix was the way the story should have ended. With the Rangers being forced to defeat the man that was their friend but never truely was. This ending would have been brilliant and properly finish the story of RPM. Its a shame production issues prevented us from getting this ending.
Ranger Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/12/17, 12:38 PM   #2
Polly Want A Megazord
Comic Relief

Default Re: Ranger Black

I don't really like the idea of RPM ending this way. It would have cheated the viewer of all the time they had invested in Dillon. But we will never know exactly what "Ranger Black " would have been. Since it was never produced.
Polly Want A Megazord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/12/17, 01:52 PM   #3
KimandTommy
Power Ranger

It would have been a terrible episode..I am glad Judd took over and we got the finalie that we did..
KimandTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/12/17, 01:53 PM   #4
White Tiger Fan
Power Ranger

If they put Amit in charge, he would have found a way to make "Ranger Black " work.
White Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/12/17, 07:52 PM   #5
Rangerlord
Power Ranger

This sounds too crazy for me..Unless Dillion ended up helping the Rangers afterall.
Rangerlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/12/17, 10:55 PM   #6
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Hero View Post
Lets face it RPM suffered greatly in the end because they cut Eddie's original ending. The finale and most of the second half of the season came off flat because of all the rushed changes.

Ending the season with Dillon being a sleeper Venjix was the way the story should have ended. With the Rangers being forced to defeat the man that was their friend but never truely was. This ending would have been brilliant and properly finish the story of RPM. Its a shame production issues prevented us from getting this ending.
I think you should word things properly. "Ranger Black" was an episode that was Eddie's idea but it never went to the table because he was fired so it couldn't be cut because he never officially wrote it granted I doubt Disney would've approved some of the details that have came out regarding it either way since they were always against evil Rangers. Why do you think Doug had to come up with the White Ranger clone back in Dino Thunder? because Disney didn't like the idea of a Ranger that's supposed to be good fighting for evil.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/13/17, 02:42 PM   #7
Captain Mutiny
Power Ranger

For whats its worth the story at the time was that he would have got away with it.
Captain Mutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/13/17, 06:25 PM   #8
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
I think you should word things properly. "Ranger Black" was an episode that was Eddie's idea but it never went to the table because he was fired so it couldn't be cut because he never officially wrote it granted I doubt Disney would've approved some of the details that have came out regarding it either way since they were always against evil Rangers. Why do you think Doug had to come up with the White Ranger clone back in Dino Thunder? because Disney didn't like the idea of a Ranger that's supposed to be good fighting for evil.
This is why I think its a little much to go on about "Ranger Black"..Even though RPM flew under the radar it doesn't mean there still wouldn't be changes to RPM. With production in danger of falling behind , Eddie probabky would have had to to change or tweak a lot of his plans.

As sad as it would have been. I do think the critics are too hard on the idea. Since it does make narrative sense in a lot of ways. One thing I like abour RPM was that it tweaked a lot of PR's formula and was the most original series in years. I think it was something pr needed after years of sameness. And of course its hard to bas an episode that was never produced. Much less getting the final draft treatment.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/13/17, 06:31 PM   #9
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Oh Eddie was going to get away with it. RPM was able to get away with a lot of things because Disney was just playing out the string. Eddie had more creative license then anyone since Doug Sloan. And arguable could still get away with more. The only thing that sunk him was production almost stalling. Which wouldnhave cost money and forced even the apathetic Disney's hand. Why spend more good money after bad at that point? ™If it weren't for this "Ranger Black" likely would have preceeded pretty closely with Eddie' vision.

RPM was better for the production change. Judd riegned things in and made RPM more tolerable as a PR season. Eddie had talent but he tried to change too much too fast. I find RPM to be overrated and an example of why grim dark Power Rangers is less than ideal.

"Ranger Black" may have worked for another franchise. But for a show like Power Rangers, it would have been a disaster. Power Rangers is supposed to be uplifting. The tragady of the Rangers having to defeat a fake friend would have just not been a place Power Rangers could go. Its scary how close it was to happening and how it was almost the last episode.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/13/17, 08:42 PM   #10
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Its a crime "Ranger Black" was never made. Disney shot themselves in the foot by getting rid of Eddie and not following through with his vision. RPM's first half was the only good half season since Wild Force. RPM could have gone down as an all time great season. But instead its second half dragged it down to mediocrity. PR went right back to sucking under Saban Brands.

"Ranger Black" is the type of episode PR needed and still needs. It would be so much better than any of the lame finale's we have gotten in the modern era. The idea of Dillon being a sleeper and essentially the main villain the whole time would have been amazing. Instead of the lame Andros/Karone rehash Lynn gave us. Not to mention the crappy finale that somehow had Doctor K able to delete Venjix like he was still just a computer program.

But I don't blame Lynn, since he came into a bad situation. I blame Disney for not trying to make it work with Eddie. Who almost was the savior of PR. Even if it would have still be cancelled. At least we would have finally had a great season. Its a shame Saban Brands didn't learn from their mistakes.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply