Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/07/17, 06:22 PM   #11
Gosei Gold
Power Ranger

Default Re: Did the original Rangers have a falling out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki1988 View Post
Well, Zordon did like to screw with the Rangers. First, he gave the main team a Megazord with inpractical cockpit in S2. The Thunder Megazord was a more powerful Megazord indeed, but its cockpit does not even begin to macth that of the original Megazord. Then, three of the Rangers get picked to be some kind of ambassadors on the Piece Conference in Switzerland and it's like Zordon took that opportunity to introduce a new Ranger, who is actually a former one of different color who was suddenly made the leader. I wouldn't be surprised that Tommy had at least one fallout with each team member because the only reason he got the leader position was because he had the better and more powerful powers and a Zord that was compatible with the then-new Zords.

Then the new trio came along and in S3, Tommy screws up by risking the safety of the entire team in the Thunderzords vs. Rito fight which results in not only the destruction of both Thunder Megazord and Tigerzord, but with the loss of the morphing powers. A fallout had to happen between the new trio, Kimberly, Billy and Tommy. I mean, the 6 friends go from always hanging out at the Juice Bar to rarely hanging out there. I bet the Switz trio was pissed off once they found out that Tommy screwed up one of the most important battles in the history of Power Rangers. I bet Zordon was pissed off because of the power and Zord loss too so he got Tommy by giving the entire team the sorry excuse of a shield called the Metallic Armor.

Tommy was a good Ranger, but he was not a good leader. If he would be a good leader, he wouldn't be just mentoring the Dino Thunder team, he would be leading it.
But how could the season 3 battle effect the team in season 2? Are you saying it just added to the rift later on? We know Jason and Tommy do make up by Zeo. Even if they had another fight by Wild Force.
Gosei Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/07/17, 06:25 PM   #12
MMPR Mania
Putty Patroller

I just can't see Jason and Tommy ever really fighting. Much less the original team having any kind of rift.Everyone was happy to have Tommy back as White. They were more worroed about someone new joining the team instead of Tommy.
MMPR Mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/07/17, 06:28 PM   #13
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maligore View Post
Too bad Saban was too cheap to give them the raises they deserved.
it wasn't just because of them demanding a raise it was also because they were demanding the show to go union which is something he wasn't going to do.

Quote:
Well, Zordon did like to screw with the Rangers. First, he gave the main team a Megazord with inpractical cockpit in S2. The Thunder Megazord was a more powerful Megazord indeed, but its cockpit does not even begin to macth that of the original Megazord. Then, three of the Rangers get picked to be some kind of ambassadors on the Piece Conference in Switzerland and it's like Zordon took that opportunity to introduce a new Ranger, who is actually a former one of different color who was suddenly made the leader. I wouldn't be surprised that Tommy had at least one fallout with each team member because the only reason he got the leader position was because he had the better and more powerful powers and a Zord that was compatible with the then-new Zords.
don't forget that we might not be able to blame the zord cockpits on Zordon we don't know who made them but we do know that Ninjor made the Power Coins so we can presume that it was Ninjor who made the Dinozords. Also we're not even sure where the Thunderzords came from since they were already there on standby.
Tommy became the White Ranger prior to any Peace Conference stuff.

Quote:
Then the new trio came along and in S3, Tommy screws up by risking the safety of the entire team in the Thunderzords vs. Rito fight which results in not only the destruction of both Thunder Megazord and Tigerzord, but with the loss of the morphing powers. A fallout had to happen between the new trio, Kimberly, Billy and Tommy. I mean, the 6 friends go from always hanging out at the Juice Bar to rarely hanging out there. I bet the Switz trio was pissed off once they found out that Tommy screwed up one of the most important battles in the history of Power Rangers. I bet Zordon was pissed off because of the power and Zord loss too so he got Tommy by giving the entire team the sorry excuse of a shield called the Metallic Armor.
Tommy was a good Ranger, but he was not a good leader. If he would be a good leader, he wouldn't be just mentoring the Dino Thunder team, he would be leading it.
Rocky was the one who contacted Alpha and said they were getting beat up it was then when Alpha tried helping them out but it was causing an overload which was when Zordon gave them the warning which meant it was the team leader's call on whether to proceed or not. Tommy made the right call you continue the fight no matter the cost you don't let villains have the run of the town if you have any say in the manner.
Tommy was the Mentor to Dino Thunder it wasn't his business to lead anymore unless it was absolutely necessary he wanted his students to learn as Rangers on their own.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/07/17, 06:32 PM   #14
Miki1988
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosei Gold View Post
But how could the season 3 battle effect the team in season 2? Are you saying it just added to the rift later on? We know Jason and Tommy do make up by Zeo. Even if they had another fight by Wild Force.
It didn't. I'm only pointing out that Tommy's leadership mistakes in S2 only resulted in the end result of the first S3 battle against Rito. By then, Tommy was full of himself already. Just watch both S2 and S3, there are episodes where Tommy could have done better as the team leader. That's just my opinion.

But I'm sure they all made up later. Since there was a Legendary Battle.
Miki1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/07/17, 06:33 PM   #15
Forever Jason
Ranger In Training

That was before Tommy was made leader. Jason, Trini, and Zack would have been happy with having him on the team but not as leader. Jason tried to be happy for his friend but you know there has always been some jealousy betweem the two. And it didn't help when Tommy took centerstage and started to hog the spotlight. Jason probably had enough. Zack and Trini took his side.While Kimberly and Billy remained loyal to Tommy.
Forever Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/07/17, 06:34 PM   #16
Yellow Fan Forever
Ranger In Training

But it all doesn't add up. If they had a fued Trini would have took Tommy's side. Since she told the team they had to respect Zordon 's decision for White Ranger.
Yellow Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/07/17, 06:37 PM   #17
Gosei Gold
Power Ranger

Quote:
It didn't. I'm only pointing out that Tommy's leadership mistakes in S2 only resulted in the end result of the first S3 battle against Rito. By then, Tommy was full of himself already. Just watch both S2 and S3, there are episodes where Tommy could have done better as the team leader.
Oh I see. So you are making a case why he wasn't a good leader. I personally disagree but you make a good case for it. I just excuse the zord battle as being caught overmatched. It was one of the rare times whe. Rita and Zedd caught the Ranger's with their pants down.
Gosei Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/07/17, 06:38 PM   #18
Miki1988
Power Ranger

It's been a while since I've last seen the show, so my memory of it might be fuzzy.
Miki1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/07/17, 06:44 PM   #19
Phantom Stranger
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Canyon Trio View Post
We know they had to cover for Austin,Walter, and Thuy going on strike by using stock footage and new adr voices. But in continuity we can say they were never really around except fpr emergencies. They didn't seem to hang around with Tommy, Kimberly, and Billy anymore. Did the group of frienes have a fallen out?
An interesting point. I never thought of it this way. Of course partially because I was so young to care about such things lol. I was just excited to have new Rangers.
Phantom Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/07/17, 06:46 PM   #20
Ginger Snap
Ranger In Training

Quote:
It's been a while since I've last seen the show, so my memory of it might be fuzzy.

Well your doing a much better job than I would. The theories and discussion around here always amazes me. Who knows PR could be so deep.
Ginger Snap is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply