Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > General Fandom Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03/15/15, 04:39 PM   #81
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Default Re: Power Rangers Legacy Discussion

I've made my way through several chapters. This story has a good pacing and flow to it. The characters feel real and believable. The old powers are also worked in our pretty well. Even Spike has been written in well.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/15, 09:58 PM   #82
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

I'm really glad you're enjoying it Cap n.n
The Ghost Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/15, 05:29 PM   #83
PRangerX
Administrator

I like that we got to see the the RPM demension in the RPM chapter. You stuck to continuity pretty good with where we last saw the season. I liked seeing Doctor K again. The Venessa plot gave her something to do and gave us a sense of peril. It was interesting how the monster lured the team in a trap. It made sense since Summer was retired as a Ranger at the end of RPM. I like how you remembered Venjix dled himself into the red morpher. I thought it was interesting how K sent the Rangers the RPM powers herself. I do wonder who sent the monster with venjix gone?
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/20/15, 12:17 AM   #84
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

Well, although Venjix is 'dead', there could be remnants of his army about here and there. I kinda thought that there were some robots roaming around after the final battle.
Old 03/24/15, 05:25 PM   #85
PRangerX
Administrator

Finally read the final two episodes. A great finalie that really felt epic. It really played off everything that had been building the whole pisode. Nice touch using Samurai mode since the Rangers never went Samurai in that team up. I was pleasantly surprised to see the Megaforce team. I assume they traveld from a parrallel universe like RPM. Props for including Dino Charge as well.

The finalie had plenty of action. But at the heart it was all about the characters. This really made for an emotional finalie. Especially with the return of Eve and the other Eltarians. The scene with the parents and families were good. Reminded me of the ending episoes of Digimon Adventure 1 and 2.

And one can not underestimate the appearance of all the other teams. It made for an exciting conclusion and made perfect sense with this being about the Legacy of PR. I loved the attention to detail like Jen and Wee standing next to each other at the end.

I am a little torn at Eve's return since it may have been better to keep the tragedy of her death. But it did seem like she really came back as some sort of spirit. Since it seemed odd for her to disapear and not stay with Jake. Also what did they do with Jake's morpher. It was cool to see Zeke's Dad help. But I question how he could have so easily hacked the legacy cpu.

Any plans for a sequel? Would be fun even if the Rangers lost their secret idenities.
Old 03/24/15, 09:05 PM   #86
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

I was kinda torn on wether or not to bring Eve back in the end, but she did promise she'd be back for the final battle back in Chapter 15, and so I figured I'd bring the three Eltarians back as sort of Spirit Rangers who would vanish after the battle.

Pretty much it was suppose to be a symbolic unshackling of chains. He'd been Ghost Ranger for all this time, and with the war finally being over, he was free from his curse, his always having to fight, to lose loved ones and to age normally.

Zeke's dad helping was something I kind of thought up on the spot when writing. I wanted to keep the chapter at a good pace without dragging it out, make sure the reader stayed interested. I know it was fast and kind of a rear end pull, but it kept the speed up, I think at least.

As for a sequel, I'd been thinking about it but not entirely sure what to do plot wise. I was wondering if anyone here would like to use the characters for a cross over of their own fic. If so, just please be sure to credit me with the characters.

PRX, if I may ask, what would you rate the story as a whole? Also, do you think the Past teams were well represented in the final battle?
Old 03/25/15, 12:04 AM   #87
PRangerX
Administrator

I haven't had to a chance to read a ton of fics. But its got to be one of the best I have ready. I stand by a lot of what I already said. It really kept me interested and didn't seem like one of those mary sue stories at all. The characters all felt well done and not just your token pr fan makes their own glorified Super Sentai team kind of story. I think it made excellent use of the powers. Unfortunatly, I can't compare it to super megaforce because I am behind on PR. Actually catching up on the past three seasons right now. I have seen half of Megaforce but that is before Legend Mode. But on its own I deffinitly liked it.
Old 03/25/15, 07:33 PM   #88
PRangerX
Administrator

Perhaps a prequel about Jake's team? Some side stories to give more character background information on the Rangers. TK's backstory and how she meant Jake would be interesting.
Old 03/26/15, 02:35 AM   #89
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

Hmmm. A TK chapter would be interesting. I'll start jotting down ideas.
Old 03/26/15, 07:20 AM   #90
PRangerX
Administrator

Anyone notice that TK is kind of like Doctor K?
Post New ThreadReply