Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10/27/17, 09:30 PM   #21
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: DinoThunder and Edward Payne

personally I don't think things would've been that different we just wouldn't have the Tommy character in the show so there would've been no preferences to his past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maligore View Post
Except for how Disney was too cheap to bring Frank back for the full season. And we got the stuck in suit crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge View Post
That was JDF's decision. He wanted to have time to spend with his family and tend to his business in the US. It was part of the deal for his return. Terms set by his side of the negotiating table.
exactly it was part of the agreement. It was JDF's decision and had nothing to do with Disney or how much money they were paying him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
If the JDF thing fell through like it looked to at first, people would have been disappointed with Payne. If no one knew Tommy was originall supposed to come back , things would have been different. DT's premiere wouldn't have had the sale buzz though. I for one am one of the people glad we got him back. I think the differences between FR Tommy and DT Oliver are more just the fact they were done by largely different production teams. But they both are still very much in continuity.
no doubt about that and I'm definitely glad he came back it worked out good not to mention I thought they did the best they could with the video diary and I thought "Fighting Spirit" was pretty good minus the errors with the Green Ranger's costume
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/27/17, 10:49 PM   #22
Hailey Ziktor
Ranger In Training

Its understandable, since they had to remake the suit from scratch. Which is a pretty commendable effort for them.
Hailey Ziktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/27/17, 10:52 PM   #23
Decepticon
Ranger In Training

I don't see how you can complain about them bringing Tommy back. When so many people demanded references to continuity for years before it. Aside from "Forever Red", it was the most the series did to honor it's past in several seasons.
Decepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/27/17, 10:57 PM   #24
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

It was also coming off a time when people were put off by the production change and move to new zealand. And all the growing pains that entailed. People also didn't like the Urban Legend comment from Tori. DT showed everyone that Power Rangers was still connected.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/27/17, 11:01 PM   #25
Ninja Storm Fan
Power Ranger

They went in the wrong direction and should have continued Ninja Storm as its own series. Instead of trying to re-live the glory of a past character who peaked a decade prior. People would have rather have had Shane ,Tori, and Dustin back.
Ninja Storm Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/27/17, 11:02 PM   #26
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

On the contrary, I couldn't wait for them to be written off the show or to complete their runs . They were annoying and stupid. The worst Rangers ever.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/28/17, 10:00 AM   #27
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Codfish View Post
It was also coming off a time when people were put off by the production change and move to new zealand. And all the growing pains that entailed. People also didn't like the Urban Legend comment from Tori. DT showed everyone that Power Rangers was still connected.
exactly they took her comment too literally it was just good nature ribbing that friends do with 1 another
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/28/17, 11:48 AM   #28
Kimberly Cares
Ranger In Training

I never believed PR was an urban legend in Ninja Storm
Kimberly Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/28/17, 09:06 PM   #29
VR Forever
Putty Patroller

Tommy was for the best. Payne may habe been ok. But he wouldn't have been the same as Tommy. I think the series needed the jolt of continuity after all the changes under Disney and its more standalone nature after Space/Galaxy.
VR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply