Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10/29/14, 05:27 PM   #1
Discodrew2002
Putty Patroller

Default What's with all the beetle borgs?

why were all the bad guys just rehashed beetleborg costumes? i'm not exactly a beetleborgologist, but i recognised them from memory when i watched this episode.

i know that many people could say, if you're old enough to remember beetleborgs, then you're too old to watch this, but i found a screenshot, and i saw all those red rangers and couldn't resist finding the episode.
Discodrew2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/14, 05:27 PM   #2
Ebilly99-1
Putty Patroller

Default Re: What's with all the beetle borgs?

yes they are the betel borgs. I guess Phantasmo was working for king Mondo.
Ebilly99-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/14, 05:28 PM   #3
Special_Agent_Kato
Putty Patroller

The beatle borges sort of look mehanical, unlike the rangers. Forever red was inta all the classics, not only the red rangers, Bulk and Skull, and Zack was one of the voices of the generals, Beatle borgs were from the same time. No idea if I am right about that theorys, but its all I can think of about the 5 villains being beatle borgs
Special_Agent_Kato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/14, 05:29 PM   #4
laboratory-2
Putty Patroller

Power Rangers?!?!

LOL! You are joking right?

Hey Kato! Your privlages to criticize any other movie or genre have been revoked due to your apparent lack of maturity and taste.
laboratory-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/14, 05:30 PM   #5
wasoha
Putty Patroller

I noticed this, too. Was looking up old power rangers facts about the original show I watched many years ago when I found out about this episode and couldn't resist watching it, like you. Was nostalgically cool to see Jason and Tommy back in action along with all the newer red rangers. Very disappointing that it didn't end with a megazord, however.

Laboratory, grow up yourself. Grown ups dont feel the need to make fun of other people for their likes and hobbies, and they're grown up enough to know that they shouldn't just revoke other people's opinions.
wasoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/14, 05:30 PM   #6
TimeSquare3
Putty Patroller

Beetleborgs at the time was owned by Sabain which also owned PR. They had the costumes so they used them. Many monsters through out the series have been seen in background shots or even reused as a monster with slight modifications.
TimeSquare3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/14, 05:31 PM   #7
blackknightofnacyl
Putty Patroller

I noticed this too the second time around. I think they just reused them because BettleBorgs was from the same company that was doing Power Rangers.

And your never too old to enjoy Power Rangers, well as long as your not dressing up as one standing in front of a mirror posing.
blackknightofnacyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/14, 05:32 PM   #8
dragon_fire_53511
Putty Patroller

I was at PMC 2; An god willing I'll be going to PMC3 2012. Anyways the reason for the beetle costume appearances in forever red was address in the Forever red panel they had.

The reason was and is that at the time there budget wasn't the greatest and the costume from the beetle Borg set were available to us so they took them to add to the baddies.

But mostly it was a budget issue that caused there appearance
dragon_fire_53511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/14, 09:39 PM   #9
MattEmily
Administrator

Yes those suits were from Beetleborgs. Like dragon fire said it was a case of budget issues but I'm sure it was also a case of Koichi deciding to use something that looked like machines and those Beetleborg suits certainly did.

Granted only technically 1 perhaps 2 were actual Beetleborgs since the other suits were the Astral Borgs which were side allies in Beetleborgs Metallix.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/30/14, 11:39 AM   #10
PRangerX
Administrator

Amit wanted to use five cloacked figures who were trying to ressurect Dark Spector. He was told by Jonathon to use the beetleborg suits instead. Since they happened to be sitting their in storage.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply