Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/02/15, 04:59 PM   #31
Todd Oliver
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Todd Oliver
Default Re: Dino Charge 1 Powers From The Past

I loved it! It felt like Power Rangers again. I don't mind a little whackiness in Power Rangers. Sledge felt threatening to me. I give them a lot of credit for not just using the Sentai villains as they were. The space battle was exciting. It was amazing to see that it resulted in the extinction of the dinosuars.

I like thet they gave us plenty of time to get to know Shelby and Tyler. There will be time to get to know the rest of the team over the next few episodes. The first episode is just supposed to set the stage for the season and it worked.
Todd Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/04/15, 08:44 PM   #32
mbozzo
Power Ranger

'Power From The Past' is a good episode. We get to see the villains, 2 costumed rangers, and 1 dinosaur zord. I hope that it will get better as time goes on.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/04/15, 10:11 PM   #33
Kelly Power
Comic Relief

It was good to see the first episode. I just feel its too early to make too many judgements now. The first episode was solid. The villains are gonna take awbile to get used to But this was only episode 1 and there is a lot more to come.
Kelly Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/15, 08:04 AM   #34
Byron Stinger
Ranger In Training

I have to admit I was a little underwhelmed. But its only episode 1 . And we didnt get to see much yet. It wss crazy seeing the ssteriods cause the destruction of the Dinosuars.
Byron Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/15, 12:51 PM   #35
Dino Charger
Ranger In Training

I thought it was a lot of fun. The characters were interesting. And their was plenty of action in the beginning. I really liked Shelby especially. Seems like most people liked it. The few that didn't probably just got their hopes up too much. Of course I really liked the Disney and Neo Saban Era.
Dino Charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/15, 12:53 PM   #36
Itzy Bitzy Carter
Power Ranger

I like that the Red and Pink Rangers got equal focus. Instead of it being all about Tyler
Itzy Bitzy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/15, 12:56 PM   #37
Sledge's Bounty
Comic Relief

I really am interested in what they did with the villains. Sledge's is gonna be the best villian since Lothor. He is funny but seems like a real threat. I think I am really going to like him if the first episode is any indication.
Sledge's Bounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/15, 05:55 PM   #38
PRangerX
Administrator

I've held off actually commenting on this episode. I had a lot of thoughts and didnt want to overally judge the first episode. Also we really didn't get much on the Ranger front. The complete team isnt even together yet

Overall, I do feel it is a tad overrated like a few have said here. However, im not ready to bury it either. I thought it was okay. Really we really didn't get that much to really judge. Which could be a good.thing if the plan is to start out slow I stead of over promising.

I am not to sure about the characters or villains yet. But I give them points for intergrating the Sentai and original villains. The stuff in the early scenes with Keeper and then extinction of the dinosuars was pretty epic. Never thought I'd see PR show something like that.

Overall the premiere left me with more questions than answers. But like I said we shall see.whether that is good or bad
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/15, 02:51 AM   #39
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstatler View Post
There is a certain level of disbelief I can accept. I just feel most of the series you listed at least had characters that reacted realtively normally most of the time. The episode just rubbed me the wrong way. I don't know maybe the rest of them will be great and I will change my opinion.

I am glad they tried to do an American villain. Too bad they may have failed miserbly.
perhaps they did act normal most of the time but you can't compare normal to TV characters. They're characters... fictional characters at that. Not all of them are going to be what you, I or any other person may classify as "normal."

Also you think they've failed with creating Sledge just based on ONE episode? That's laughable. Look at what happened with Lothor, Kapri and Marah back in Ninja Storm. All of them were pathetic in the beginning and they were all failures in a number of ways but what happened near the end? They actually got threatening and/or they turned it into a plot device.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/09/15, 10:05 AM   #40
Superstatler
Power Ranger

Marah and Kaphri's plot device turned out to be a trick so that doesn't count.

Lothor was still a baffon in the end. He was a terrible villain. He had a good look, too bad it was wasted.

I am not saying they need to act like normal people. There was just took me out of the momment. I couldn't relate to any of the characters.

I just wasn't impressed with Sledge so far. But don't get me wrong I am going to give the show another chance. I loved "Mega Mission". And we all know how that turned out. So maybe the opposite will happen here.
Superstatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply