Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > General Fandom Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04/21/06, 11:38 PM   #1
TheDarkOne
Ranger In Training

Default Goodbye Love (Kirommy ficlet)

Goodbye Love

"You don't want to watch me die
I just came to say goodbye love
Goodbye love
Came to say goodbye love
Goodbye love
Goodbye"

Note: I do not own the song, it belongs to the musical RENT. It inspired me to write this short story.
Rating: PG

For the first time in a long time, Doctor Thomas Oliver spent most of the night laughing. Surrounded by his best friends, the first Power Rangers, they were all screaming with laughter. Drunks were littered around the tables and for once he realized he had missed these times. He was sitting between Trini Kwan and Jason Lee Scott, Jason's warm smile and sparkling eyes caught his attention.

"What? You coming onto me again?" he joked, but Jason just batted his eyes and gave him a flirtatious grin. Then his face became serious for the first time that night as his eye locked in the distance in the bar they were all sitting in.

" Don't you have Rangers back in Reefside?" he asked, Tommy nodded.

"Yeah, we went over this earlier. Why?" Tommy asked, Jason held up his hand and pointed to the television behind Tommy. Tommy whipped around and nearly knocked over his chair.

Bounding over to the TV he blared the volume to hear over the noise, at his actions the room fell silent. The fallen Megazord was in pieces, the three main Zords were separated, and two rangers stumbled out. Tommy watched in horror as in Conner McKnight and Ethan James were unmasked. Both weak and bleeding, Ethan's head was sliced open and blood was flowing down his face, making it impossible to see. Conner's left arm was bent at the wrong angle and was limp and useless at his side.

"The Power Rangers have fallen! We are on the site where the Megazord has not only fallen but broken into separate pieces. The Red and Blue Rangers have gotten out and the White wasn't involved." The reporter announced as the White Ranger raced over to the other two. Tommy watched as Trent stayed in power but ripped the bottom of Ethan's shirt, trying to stop the bleeding.

"WE NEED AMBULANCES!" he screamed, making his voice heard by all who had gathered. After an EMT raced over, Trent passed Ethan to him then began to dig for the one Ranger who hadn't surfaced.

"The Yellow Ranger? Where is she?" The reporter asked, as Conner hobbled off with a second paramedic.

"I don't know," was all he said horror, pain and disbelief visible within his face as he quickly got out of the camera shot.

There were shouts from the onlookers and the camera panned back to Trent as lifted the still body of Kira Ford, the unmorphed yellow ranger from the destruction. She was bleeding, her blood soaked her civilian clothes, her eyes were closed and she wasn't breathing from what Trent had shouted.

As the paramedics ran over to assist, Tommy watched with tears streaming down his cheeks. This is my fault he told himself. He began to shake as Trent set her down and the EMTs began to try to conduct CPR. No, Kira, please! You cannot leave me! Tommy raged. He looked to the others than ran from the bar.

The Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger Crew joined him as he sped for Reefside. Since they were a few towns over they reached it within 20 minutes, breaking every speed limit sign they saw. Arriving in Reefside, Tommy pressed his morpher, only getting Trent's response.

"Where is everyone!?" Tommy bellowed.

"OW! Tommy, Reefside General, where else would they go?! It's the only hospital near here." Trent replied just as loud.

"How are they?" Tommy asked dropping his voice.

"Ethan and Conner will live, I haven't hear anything about Kira yet. She's barely holding on they almost couldn't resuscitate her. Just get here, I'm outside of the OR. The media finally left us alone, but before I get caught I'll see you when you get here." With that Trent ended the communication and didn't answer again.

Tommy pulled into a parking place and sprinted into the building.

"Tommy! Wait up!" Billy shouted but he wasn't listening, his only thoughts were of Kira's lifeless body.

Making his way to the OR he found Doctor Walsh standing with Trent. His face was grave as he addressed both Trent and Tommy.

"Kira has too much internal damage to repair, she's on life support and she has the probability that she won't wake up. Her brain activity is low and her vitals are steady for now. Her mother needs to be contacted because if we have to pull the plug. Its unfair to keep her alive if her brain is dead."

"But she could wake up?" Trent asked, Dr. Walsh sighed.

"Her chances are very slim," her stated simply, not wanting to give false hope.

"Can I see her?" Tommy asked, Dr. Walsh nodded, and led him to Kira's room.

Tommy stepped into Kira's hospital room and instantly broke down, his sobs echoing off of the walls. Kira lay unmoving, needles littered her arms and tubes were breathing for her.

"No" he sobbed, "Kira."

He didn't even pay attention as the door open and not only did the Dino Thunder Rangers enter, but the Mighty Morphin'. He didn't care, all he cared about was the girl unconscious in the bed. Walking to her side, he took her limp hand and kissed it.

"I'm so sorry," he breathed in between sobs. There was no response from Kira, no change in her vitals, not one muscle twitched. He dropped her hand and pulled up the guest chair beside her bed. "But I'm here now, come back to me. It's my fault you shouldn't be like this, I let you down. This is my entire fault I should have been there! I shouldn't have let you guys fight alone; I should have come, please forgive me. "

For hours he sat at her side, her mother arrived and saw the distress in his face, so she took the other side of the bed. No one left and they had posted police so the media couldn't burst in and the shades were drawn to give them privacy.

"Well, now I know the truth," Helena Ford said suddenly, all eyes were drawn to her.

"What do you mean?" Ethan asked from his spot near the door where he was leaning on Trent.

"Well I was wondering why my daughter was spending all her time with her teacher and with a jock. Ethan, Trent you two are someone she would hang out with anyways but that's not what I'm talking about. Doctor Oliver, Kira was spending all her time with you, from five in the morning to night and sometimes into the wee hours of the morning. I didn't realize that you had fallen for her too." Helena said.

"What?" Tommy asked, trying to connect what Kira's mother babbled out.

"Kira was in love with you, she told me. We were very open with each other, other parents like to say that but they aren't. Kira told me everything, I knew she was a Ranger the day it happened. She didn't tell me, I knew it. She had strong feelings for you Doctor Oliver. Now as I see you, I know you feel the same, don't you?" she asked, Tommy nodded but couldn't bring himself to say the words aloud.

"Mom?" Came a small muffled voice from the bed, everyone's eyes shot to Kira. Her eyes were open and she was struggling to pull the breathing tubes from her mouth.

"Kira! DON'T DO TH-" with a gag Kira ripped the tubes from her throat. "-AT!"

Kira collapsed back on the bed and gagging and gasping for air. Tommy was holding her hand and Billy looked to her vitals, finding them steady but ready to fall at any time.

"She doesn't have a lot of time," he stated, Kira sighed, she already knew that.

"I just wanted to say I love you Mom." She said to her mother, then her eyes met with Tommy's. "And goodbye love."

"I love you," Tommy told her, she smiled as her eyes fluttered close.

"I love you too," she told him and fell back into her slumber.

A few hours later they watched as her heart stopped and with the choice of Helena, she wasn't resuscitated. After her time of death was recorded in her records, the group was ushered from the room. Doctor Walsh permitted Tommy to stay for a few moments alone with her. He leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to her lips.

"Goodbye Love," he whispered, then he left, casting one last look at her still form.
Old 04/22/06, 12:24 AM   #2
Razi
Power Ranger

Beautiful! *sheds a tear for the lovers*. Your stories are so convincing to me! I just love them so much!

-Razi
Razi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/22/06, 12:41 AM   #3
TheDarkOne
Ranger In Training

Thanks Razi. Its up in the Kirommy board along with a WIP fic
I'm glad you liked it!
Old 05/01/06, 07:39 PM   #4
_yellowford_
Power Ranger

*wipes of tears* Lovely, just lovely...
Old 05/17/06, 09:48 AM   #5
Esther
Power Ranger

:cry:

now that's a story!...i'm absolutley speechless...great work!
Old 06/01/06, 02:25 PM   #6
MaryAnne
Ranger In Training

It's so beautiful
Old 06/03/06, 04:39 AM   #7
Shadow Ranger

WOW that is all I can say. But if you need more look at what everyone else said.
Post New ThreadReply