Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03/15/11, 10:38 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default "Sticks and Stones" Discussion

I didn't like the episode as much in the beginning. But as it went on I liked it better. It was nice to get some Emily focus. Its interesting to learn that her sister was a Samurai Ranger or at least training to be one. Makes sense since the powers seem to be passed through the generations. They didn't say it but I think its supposed to be implied that the older sister passed away.

It was nice to see Bulk and Spike more organically involved. They didn't seem as isolated. It was refreshing not to get the gag where Bulk gets slimed and Spike laughs. Since that has been overdone at times. Especially last episode when it wasn't even that funny.

Its going to be interesting to learn what Jayden's secret is. Mike was probably at his best this episode. I say that about the character and the actor. He interacted with Emily well here. I think the plot of the day was something that kids could relate too. Since bullying is a huge issue right now.

Does anyone get the impression that they are writing for a lower demo then usual this year? A lot of the plots the Rangers have been in this year has them reacting to things like five year olds. Just something I have noticed.

I do think the actress behind Emily overacted. She didn't come off as believeable at times. The villains continue to be too generic. Not having an american villain is really hurting this year. The master continues to be pretty useless. I mean he has no personality and really demonstrates no real acting ability. He's probably the worst mentor that we have had.

Emily's behavior was a little out of left field. Since we didn't know about these self esteem problems before. But I guess she has always seemed a little Zany. The whole idea of the monster hurting people with insults was underdeveloped here. It didn't make much sense. It would have been better if he took away people's self esteem.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply