Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06/22/15, 02:52 PM   #1
Zedd Hart Rita
Putty Patroller

Default What if all six rangers had threatened to quit?

As we know, in Season 2 of MMPR, Austin St John, Thuy Trang and Walter Jones approached Haim Saban, saying they would quit if they didn't get given more money, which resulted in their firings and replacement on the show.

My question is, what would have happened if all six actors had done this? Would Saban have fired all of them? If so, what do you think would have happened to the show? Do you think he would simply have replaced the actors while keeping the characters the same (e.g. the change from Michika Soga to Carla Perez as Rita)? Or would all six have been somehow written out of the show? If so, how would you see that playing out?
zedd_heart_rita is offline Report Post
Zedd Hart Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/15, 02:55 PM   #2
Moonsknight
Putty Patroller

Default Re: What if all six rangers had threatened to quit?

Haim's mentality was that everyone on the show is replaceable. So body doubles, replacement voices, more in-suit footage, and Zordon/Alpha/monster exposition until they cast the new Rangers. Simple. Probably some more Bulk and Skull-focused plots, too.
Moonsknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/15, 02:56 PM   #3
red-thunder
Putty Patroller

JDF once said that Saban invited him to his mansion and was stroking his ego and telling him that he was going to make him into a big star. It's possible that Saban gave JDF special treatment because he might have figured that as long the shows ''poster boy'' sticks around everything will be fine.
red-thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/15, 02:58 PM   #4
Ashiusx
Putty Patroller

Let's just say that the peace conference is going to have more attendees.
Ashiusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/15, 02:59 PM   #5
Blue Zeo
Putty Patroller

I think one of two things would have happened. Either they would have stood together and negotiated to get some better treatment, or the producers would have come at them with “You’ve signed contracts, we own you, either come back to work, complete what you’ve committed to or we’ll see you in court.” The guys that left are really lucky that the only thing that happened to them was losing their jobs. While I don’t agree with how the cast was treated, I think the only reason why they got off so easy was because production had fallen so far behind and they had a deadline for the movie.
Blue Zeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/15, 03:01 PM   #6
PRdude
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashiusx View Post
Let's just say that the peace conference is going to have more attendees.

Or they'd just make it so that the rangers defeat Lord Zedd once and for all, and either just end the whole show, or probably have started replacing the whole cast every year much earlier.
PRdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/15, 03:03 PM   #7
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

The show would have continued either way. It would have stumbled much larger replacing the girl everyone liked, the nerd everyone related to, and the almighty, but there still would have been an audience, because I guarantee I'd have been one of them. Punching and kicking was all I cared about when I was nine, and it's still all that matters to me.
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/15, 04:39 PM   #8
Omega Black
Ranger In Training

They would have had all six go to the peace conference and find a way to right in six new Rangers.
Omega Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/29/15, 11:45 PM   #9
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

Then there would have been no more show. It would have been impossible to replace all six at once. Especially if Tommy had to be replaced. Luckily they were able to do a good job finding three replacements. They wouldn't have been as lucky with Six. And I would have hated it if Kat joined earlier. But I guess its more likely another character would have joined. Probably a lame Kim clone.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/29/15, 11:47 PM   #10
KimandTommy
Power Ranger

I would take a Kim Clone over Kat any day. But I think I would have given up on PR. Since MMPR would have been empty without the Tommy/Kim love story. It was bad enough when Kim left in season 3. Luckily I had the others to keep me interested.
KimandTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply