Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/14/15, 10:10 PM   #1
Perfect_Darkfan85
Putty Patroller

Default Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Seasons 2 and 3

Alright, we all know what we have in regards to how seasons 2 and 3 of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers were handled. Keeping the Zyu suits instead of changing them out for the next respective seasons and villains, forgetting the "real reasons". This thread I don't think they pertain, but correct me if I'm wrong. I suppose this is more suited towards season 3 than 2. The result was badly spliced together footage and made Tommy into a Power Ranger God, among other things.

Having just seen some fan made openings from seasons 2 and 3 using those seasons footage in place of what actually exists and I'll post them at the end of this. Seeing these has made my mind go into overdrive with how much better these two seasons could have been, and am just awe struck by them. I usually don't care that much about fan made items like this, but for some reason these sparked an interest that I felt like I should share and pick some brains tonight.

In one of the Season 3 openings they have Kim as white and the rest their normal colors and Tommy is just there, maybe in a similar role that Billy takes on in Zeo. But in one he has control of the Falcon zord but no suit to go with it. It also appears that Ninjor still gives them their new powers and adds the Kakuranger suits. This poster also has season 3 basically still taking a similar path that it does, namely Kim leaving and Kat taking her place.

The lineup is exactly as it is, Kim/Kat, Billy, Adam, Aisha, Rocky and Tommy. So all of this leads to my question.

If the had gone this way but knew Kim was still going to leave for Florida, would they have made her the leader or do you think that Rocky would have been promoted to lead since he was still Red? Of course this is still assuming that the white ranger in season 2 was still the leader and not Dai Red. But with Kim leaving, I just can't see them giving the lead position to a newbie like Kat when Rocky has much more experience by this time. Keep in mind these openings have Tommy in them, some with him having the Falconzord still and some not and as I said probably in a similar role that Billy takes on in Zeo.

I'll post the ones in question, but the person has the others on his playlists:

http://youtu.be/zUSbabKK9HE

http://youtu.be/hu6hThdN4LQ

http://youtu.be/F-jkS7TbDZI

http://youtu.be/7jNYhvK-x0M

This last one is kind of interesting, involving the Zeo Quest.

I just want to hear everyone's thoughts on this.
Perfect_Darkfan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/14/15, 10:15 PM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Seasons 2 and 3

In reality it was Season 2 that had the badly spliced footage and not Season 3 and a lot of that had to do with them not wanting to re-shoot Zyu2 monsters' Giant battles as well as in some cases not having the Gorma Monster suits that they needed in order to film new footage so they had to make do with what they could use in terms of the Gorma Monsters.

Kimberly/Kat as Kakuranger's Ninja White wouldn't have worked since they had already made Tommy into a leader who was a popular figure in the fandom and therefore had to remain not only as the leader but also as a Ranger during that time period... on top of which there was just too much footage of Ninja White taking charge way too much because she was the leader in Kakuranger.

No I personally couldn't see them ever having Kimberly or Kat lead the Rangers and I couldn't see them having Rocky lead the team either since as long as Tommy was anywhere around he'd be a Ranger in some form he would never go to the level that Billy did in Zeo it's just not something that is physically in Tommy's character and it's just not something that he is physically capable of.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/15/15, 03:46 PM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator

Thats an interesting one. You could just make Tommy White but I can't remember if the suit has a skirt. You could cheat and make Tommy Red. Since Red still takes control at times. But then you have to write off a second Ranger if White has a skirt. Otherwise it would be perfect with Kim leaving. I suppose you could had an American Sixth Ranger. Even just keeping the Pink Powers until at least Kim leaves. It would make sense with the losing powers storyline. Aishia would have to be White though.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/15/15, 03:48 PM   #4
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

That would actually be pretty cool. But I could do with Tommy being a side character for a year. Since he was killing the show at this point.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/15/15, 03:53 PM   #5
KimandTommy
Power Ranger

It would have been a great opertunity to have a female leader. Tommy wouldn't mind Kim as leader. And she would have been perfect. Maybe they could have got Amy Jo Johnson to stay on through the end of the year with top billing. You could have released her from her obligation to be in the second movie. And now you wouldn't have to have Kat join the team. She could have remained a villain until Kim defeated her for trying to steal her man.
KimandTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/15/15, 03:57 PM   #6
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

I don't think they would ever have gone without the MMPR suits in season 3. The show was still too popular the first few years. Season 3 not living up to expectations ratings and toy sale wise. This is why they finally changed things up with Zeo. The Alien Ranger Saga was just a bonus and another way of using Kukuranger footage.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/15/15, 04:03 PM   #7
Usagi Reborn
Power Ranger

I wouldn't want to erase Kat from the shows history. If you wanna to keep her a villain longer fine. But she was always good deep down. And is one of the best characters of that era.
Usagi Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/15/15, 04:27 PM   #8
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Thats an interesting one. You could just make Tommy White but I can't remember if the suit has a skirt. You could cheat and make Tommy Red. Since Red still takes control at times. But then you have to write off a second Ranger if White has a skirt. Otherwise it would be perfect with Kim leaving. I suppose you could had an American Sixth Ranger. Even just keeping the Pink Powers until at least Kim leaves. It would make sense with the losing powers storyline. Aishia would have to be White though.
Kakuranger's Ninja White did indeed have a skirt.

Dekaranger (S.P.D.) was the only instance of female Ranger suits not having skirts.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/15, 06:03 PM   #9
PRangerX
Administrator

Yeah I figured just couldn't remember clearly. Alien Ranger costumes seemed a little different.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply