Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/29/14, 07:31 AM   #1
blacklion400
Putty Patroller

Default The gap between Zeo and TAPRM - your headcanon?

So, having recently marathoned through Zeo, I am about the watch Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie (dear god that's such a bad title facepalm-icon) and I was curious, in your own personal canon so-to-speak, how to you resolve the issues and plot threads from Zeo that got left un-answered?

The main one of course being;

.What happened to the Zeo powers and where did the Turbo powers come from?

The other less important ones being;

.What happened to Bulk and Skull's trip to France and why did they, and Lt. Stone suddenly get re-hired into the police force?

.Why did Rita and Zedd suddenly quit trying to fight the power rangers, when they seemed quite determined at the end of Zeo?

.Where did Jason suddenly disappear to, as the movie suggests he's been away for a while?

If I've missed any let me know!

My own personal head canon for the first question is that Billy (as often suggested) had created the turbo powers. They were made from the zeo crystals as a back up to the zeo powers. However, they could only be used as an alternate, not at the same time. When going through the nemesis triangle, the rangers needed something less powerful to go through with them so it couldn't be detected by the triangle, and that the link to the zeonizers was also cut off when they went through it.

Jason I always assumed went off to live with Emily out of town somewhere. Emily kept her job at the youth centre for a while however, hence why we see her in one episode of Turbo (I think it's one ).

Bulk and Skull I've thought maybe they did go to France but got conned by the detective agency that had hired them (I wrote a little fan-fic about it once). When they get home they find that Lt. Stone has got his old job back, what with the detective agency going bankrupt. He pulls some strings and gets them their jobs back too.

As for Rita and Zedd I've never thought of anything that interesting for them, only that once they got home they managed to shut down and destroy the machine palace, then suddenly realised that fighting the power rangers would be a waste of time, and just basically quit.

Your turn
blacklion400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/14, 07:31 AM   #2
Karone1
Putty Patroller

Default Re: The gap between Zeo and TAPRM - your headcanon?

I don't like the idea that a mere human can create powers so advanced like that. Not surprisingly, I do not like the premise of Lightspeed Rescue. As far as the Turbo powers, in the movie I think it is explicitly stated that the Rangers created those new powers themselves, with the help of Zordon and Alpha. It's a pitiful explanation, but still an explanation. As far as Jason's random disappearance, the obvious answer is that they didn't have enough room for him with just five Turbo Rangers characters. They could have replaced Rocky with him as the Blue Ranger, but that would essentially be a demotion. The very least they could have done is given him a proper send-off, like they did with Kimberly and failed to do in Season 2. I think it would have made more sense that the Machine Empire gave up trying to capture the Earth and just left, giving Rita and Zedd a default victory, as opposed to Rita and Zedd actually defeating the Machine Empire, then randomly leaving and paving the way for Divatox. But that's just me.
Karone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/14, 07:31 AM   #3
mjohnson1989
Putty Patroller

I'd go with Jason going off to live with Emily, seems most logical to me. As for Rita and Zedd, it seems as though their motivation during Zeo was defeating the Machine Empire rather than the rangers so once they'd done that it was enough for them
mjohnson1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/14, 07:31 AM   #4
Agent Z182
Putty Patroller

On the Zeo powers, one theory I've heard is that they had evolved to the point were they were becoming to powerful for the Rangers to handle. Look at Tommy's "Zeo Flying Power Kick". In Zeo it was never used for anything other than to take down a cog. In "Forever Red", it sends a Machine General flying backwards into a cliff and causes him to explode! Billy probably created the Turbo powers while he was at Command Centre while studying the Zeo powers.
Agent Z182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/14, 07:31 AM   #5
c_dude
Putty Patroller

Regarding Jason, I always figured that he left town after Zeo. He spent a couple of years at a peace conference in Switzerland with two of his oldest/closest friends (Zack and Trini), and then came home and spent some more time as a Ranger again with two more of his closest/oldest friends (Billy, as well as Tommy fits under closest, if not oldest). Once he lost the Gold Ranger powers, it was probably hard for him to remain in town powerless while te Rangers continued to battle, so he left town and went to Florida to spend time with the only one of is oldest/closest friends that he hadn't seen in years: Kimberly.

To me, it makes sense, having to get away, but reconnecting with a close friend whom he hadn't seen in years. That would also explain why he returned to Angel Grove WITH KImberly in the movie. After all, she did say that "WE came back to help out with the shelter", meaning they both returned to town. Just for the record though, I am one of those who does not buy the Jason/Kimberly "romance" that some people seem to imply. I see them more as a brother/sister type relationship (and not in the way Kimberly said that Tommy was "like a brother" in her letter... that just made NO sense lol!), which makes sense for Jason to want to reconnect with someone who is like a sister to him.
c_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/14, 07:31 AM   #6
AdzPower92
Putty Patroller

The rangers themselves created the Turbo powers, I can only assume by transforming the zeonizers into the turbo morphers, some sort of change occurred where they reduced the power of the zeo crystal and then re-routed that power into speed to create the turbo powers.
AdzPower92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/14, 07:31 AM   #7
MMPRpinkninja
Putty Patroller

I was never a fan of the rangers creating the Turbo Powers because it seemed odd. They just helped create these powers but then they showed confusion when introduced the the zords and powers? Tanya even said "They are just cars" I would have rather seen Lerigot leave a power source behind before he turned himself over to Divatox. The keys perhaps?

The time between the end of Zeo and start of Turbo was always confusing to me. Was it a matter of months? weeks?

I never bought into the Jason and Kimberly "romance" either. They were life long friends coming back to help their friends and hometown in a time of need. Why is that so hard to believe? How does that mean they are automatically together? Nothing about their interactions showed any change how they had always been around each other before.
MMPRpinkninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/14, 07:31 AM   #8
White Genesis
Putty Patroller

I'll go with the Turbo powers being the reason Billy was vanishing when the Gold Ranger first appeared but in my headcanon, they weren't meant to replace Zeo at first. They were meant to be a set of powers for a team Billy was going to form himself when Tommy and co retired because the Zeo Powers couldn't be easily transferred. When Jason came close to dying from the Gold zeo powers, Billy rushed to complete them and left them to be used later after leaving Earth.

After Zeo, Jason left because he no longer felt needed and Zedd and Rita made a comback in a smaller, yet more leathal version of Serpenterra. The fight pushes the Zeo powers to the limits and severely drains the rangers to the point that morphing must be kept at a minimum. Zedd and Rita decide to semi-retire, give birth to Thrax. age him to adulthood to get out of raising him, and ship him off with his grandpa and Uncle Rito. He acts as Master Vile's warlord for a time but is banished before the Z Wave strikes and travels the universe until he comes across Sentinel knight. Also, the Machine Empire is humbled rejoins the United Alliance of Evil after Dark Specter rebuilds them.
White Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/14, 07:31 AM   #9
NewWhiteTiger
Putty Patroller

From what I remember, they needed the turbo keys to pass through the triangle, and when Zordon realized he could harness those energies to make even stronger powers he did, after all why wait for your weapons to be destroyed to make better ones when you can just make better ones.

As for Bulk and Skull, I too feel they got conned, and when they returned Lt. Stone decided to save his money up instead of run his own Detective agency, and buy into the Juice Bar instead, helping the boys get the security job for old times sake, but realizing the PI thing wouldn't work out for them.

I think Jason left town to finally live a normal life, and came back for the charity event. Maybe he went to college, maybe he just moved, but he's experiencing normal teenage life.

As for the Zedd thing, I used to think they just settled down, but that didn't make much sense. Either way there's and undeniable time gap between the last Zeo episode and the Turbo movie, so either they fought hard against the machines or rangers and called it quits, or Thrax happened and they thought fighting the rangers was too risky with a kid on the way. Or hell maybe they were still fighting the rangers but didn't back off until Divatox showed on Earth, the Turbo series just did a bad job showing that.
NewWhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/14, 07:31 AM   #10
Dark storm
Putty Patroller

If you have the time for it, Hellion01 posted a fanfic a while back that I really enjoyed, and seemed to fit that hole pretty well.
http://www.RangerBoard.com/showthread.php?t=143778
Dark storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply