Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/13/17, 08:16 PM   #11
SpidahMan
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Lack of Zordon era villain in Super Megaforce

The Thrax thing was dumb because his backstory suggest he's actually thousands of years old but he can't possibly have been older than 10.
SpidahMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/13/17, 08:16 PM   #12
Gokairanger
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpidahMan View Post
The Thrax thing was dumb because his backstory suggest he's actually thousands of years old but he can't possibly have been older than 10.
I like to think Thrax was just lying about being Zedd and Rita's son so the other villains would follow his orders, and he was actually just a nobody that wanted instant respect.
Gokairanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/13/17, 08:16 PM   #13
AlwaysARanger85
Putty Patroller

Ya they could have said thrax was exlerated aged but the who knight putting him dumpster and thrax being older then he should made no sense. But I did like his look.
AlwaysARanger85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/16/17, 08:16 PM   #14
blueprodigy
Putty Patroller

Nobody ever said Thrax was a legitimate son. He could've been conceived and raised to adulthood long before Rita was imprisoned. Actually explains some of Rita's behavior when Zedd talks about "an addition" to their family.
blueprodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/16/17, 08:16 PM   #15
SpidahMan
Putty Patroller

Yeah when Rita was revolted at the idea of sleeping with Zedd and doesnt even suggest that's a road she's been down before when she tells Finster to make another potion to get Zedd off his baby brain? And she never even mentions their bastard child when he mentions wanting an heir?

There's no way in hell Zedd and Rita had sexual relations before they got married and that subplot in Return of the Green Ranger proved it
Old 05/16/17, 08:16 PM   #16
CrossRanger
Putty Patroller

^

Thank you. Now I can't get the images out of my head of Zedd and Rita having sex....The horror, the horror!
CrossRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/16/17, 08:16 PM   #17
SpidahMan
Putty Patroller

^

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2W1mJK0-72I
Old 05/16/17, 08:16 PM   #18
CrossRanger
Putty Patroller

^
Now I know...
https://youtu.be/pele5vptVgc
CrossRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/07/17, 09:55 PM   #19
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkranger237 View Post
Seeing that the anniversary seasons of Power Rangers brought a villain that connects the Zordon era. Wild Force had the Machine Empire Remnants, and Operation Overdrive had Thrax how come Super Megaforce didn't have a villain that is connected to another villain from the Zordon era? They could've made Prince Vekar be the brother of Divatox or a incarnation of Dark Specter.
that's a good question but it's probably because 1. the suits were beyond damaged and 2. they would've needed to get either an actor or actors for the role depending on the character who came back.

Quote:
And I dunno the Thrax thing was the dumbest thing ever. Having 10 Red Rangers face remnants of the most incompetent villain group ever wasn't interesting.

What would a Super Megaforce villain having tenuous connection to a Zordon era baddie really add?
it wasn't dumb it was just badly executed. I didn't mind the idea of them using Machine Empire remnants in Forever Red since the Machine Empire wasn't incompetent at all if they were incompetent then we wouldn't have had a villain group's leader battle twice against the Rangers instead of shying away from battles and having their army deal with them.

I think they could've added a villain to the war so that it would've actually rose the stakes instead of the Rangers just fighting X-Borgs and Bruisers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysARanger85 View Post
Would have been nice to have zordon era foe back. But we know most got turned good or just destroyed so there wasn't much options. Plus what we know of jt dealings during season he didn't probably care.
actually we don't know that since there are a few options that weren't seen on-screen being dusted or being purified.
  1. Goldar while it's true we originally saw him in the ep we didn't see him when the wave went through
  2. Squatt while you briefly see him there's no sign of his fate
  3. Baboo - no sign of him being in CtD
  4. Lokar - no sign of him
  5. Scorpina - no sign of her
  6. Rito - no sign
  7. Master Vile
  8. Sprocket - he was in the Skybase but he wasn't seen with the army
  9. Klank - seen in base but wasn't seen with army
  10. Orbus - seen in base but wasn't seen with army
  11. Gasket and Archerina weren't seen
  12. Porto - no sign of him
  13. Mama D - no sign of her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamenrider Xman View Post
Super Megaforce was a mere hollow version of what we had enjoyed watching from Gokaiger and sadly, there were so many missed opportunities in that season. Well, pretty much EVERY single missed opportunity that should've been a reality in that season. **** I wouldn't mind if they actually did adapted the Gokaiger tribute episodes to Boukenger and Hurricaneger as actual tribute episodes to Operation Overdrive, and Ninja Storm since they could've revived Moltor, Shimazu and Vexecus as guest villains and have anyone from those two seasons to make a guest appearance since their actors are actually local New Zealand actors.

But, I actually do miss seeing some Zordon-era villains in Power Rangers since they were probably the most fun characters to watch. Well, almost every villain character from that era.
well can't say "we" since not everyone has ever seen Gokaiger but yes there were tons of missed opportunities. I wouldn't have wanted them to adapt the Boukenger episode since Moltor was destroyed but if they could've done something to substitute him with another 1 of the Overdrive villains then yes I would've been fine with that and while I would've wanted them to adapt the Hurricanger episodes only Vexacus would've been easy to adapt Shimazu wasn't the same as his Sentai counterpart and that's really not entirely true with the Ninja Storm and Overdrive actors being locals to the area.

For Ninja Storm they would've needed Pua, Sally and Glenn if they went with the whole teamup thing and while Pua and Sally do live in the area Glenn actually lives in Australia which isn't in the area but it's technically close enough.
It wouldn't have made any sense with Hunter, Blake or Cam taking over for any of the Wind Rangers and in the case of Hunter, Blake and Cam not all of their actors are locals either. Adam resides in Australia, Jorgito in Canada and while Jason originally resided in Australia he now resides in Singapore.

I don't know where all of the Overdrive actors live in but here's the best info that I have.
James MacLuran is from Australia but has done work in the U.S.
The one who shall not have his name be spoken presumably lives in London.
Gareth appears to be from Australia.
Caitlin appears to be from Australia
Rhoda is from London
so it looks like Dwayne Cameron is the only one among the Overdrive Rangers that actually live in New Zealand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSurge View Post
At least in other seasons they try to do something to make the show have emotion and get us attached to it.
no doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossRanger View Post
Thrax is a good idea, terribly executed. If he was introduced a couple of episodes early, made him a puppet master or something than manipulates the rest of the factions of villians, and connect him to the season, beyond than "he was trapped in a dumpster by the Sentinel Knight and now he escaped, by himself (WTF?)" and make him his ultimate goal the Corona Aurora, it could work incredible better. But again, Bruce Kalish and all.
yes he was a great idea but it was a terrible executed and while I wouldn't have went with your idea I would've done something to up the stakes a bit but you can't exactly blame Kalish for it since he really didn't know the franchise and he wasn't even the one who wrote the episodes.

Quote:
we don't know how old he truly is - yes his backstory may suggest he's older than 10 but again we don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg13145 View Post
At least OO did a better job with how they handled the cameos of the previous Rangers. When it comes to SM, only 2 Rangers had proper tributes while the rest where stuck with little time on screen and a few lines, if any (and that's not counting how they managed to put in two extra cameos with Mia and Antonio)
very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerKamenSentai View Post
I like the idea of Rita and Zedd's son being a villain in an anniversary season, but the way they handled it was purely awful.
yea it was a great way but it was poorly handled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokairanger View Post
I like to think Thrax was just lying about being Zedd and Rita's son so the other villains would follow his orders, and he was actually just a nobody that wanted instant respect.
on 1 hand I can see that but on the other hand his design screams Zedd not to mention none of the Overdrive villains knew of him being Zedd and Rita's son since he never said anything about being their son until he had contacted the Rangers it was only Miratrix who claimed any knowledge of Thrax but had nothing about his relationship to Rita and Zedd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysARanger85 View Post
Ya they could have said thrax was exlerated aged but the who knight putting him dumpster and thrax being older then he should made no sense. But I did like his look.
I can see how it can make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrax2 View Post
well for we can see about Thrax well the ideia of he lying to the others villans sounds nice, even for he manipulated all of them bcause he dont seemed to me cared about the others villans factions he was just smart to use them to take the Powers to OO Rangers, and he seems connected to Flurious,Moltor and Sentinel Knight
yea lying to the others sounds nice but it's obvious that the Knight was aware of him not to mention as I said above his lies wouldn't have made any sense since they had agreed to uniting before he ever said anything about being related to Rita and Zedd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueprodigy View Post
Nobody ever said Thrax was a legitimate son. He could've been conceived and raised to adulthood long before Rita was imprisoned. Actually explains some of Rita's behavior when Zedd talks about "an addition" to their family.
that's a good point.

Quote:
Yeah when Rita was revolted at the idea of sleeping with Zedd and doesnt even suggest that's a road she's been down before when she tells Finster to make another potion to get Zedd off his baby brain? And she never even mentions their **** child when he mentions wanting an heir?

There's no way in **** Zedd and Rita had sexual relations before they got married and that subplot in Return of the Green Ranger proved it
Of course it's possible I mean it's highly likely that Zedd could've raped her before and while she knew it was him who did it she never wanted to confront him about it before since he was her Boss and therefore was previously afraid of him just like they were afraid of Dark Specter and of course rapists don't always admit to what they do additionally Thrax could've been an embarrassment to Zedd which is why he never wanted to bring him up.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/10/17, 10:36 AM   #20
Disney Ranger
Power Ranger

I wish Lothor would have been brought back from the Disney era.
Disney Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply