Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/24/16, 12:36 PM   #1
Churlyryan
Putty Patroller

Default Zyu2 - What's with you?

I bet I know what you're thinking? Why make a new Zyu2 thread? What's left to discuss? There is no Lokar. The rumors were fake. It's "just battle footage" Haim Saban commissioned from Toei to make in the Autumn of 1993.

But the funny thing is, there's plenty left! Only nine of the 25 monsters have had their "Footage Blocks" released, and a majority of those monsters being Zedd monsters (thus ripe for Putty/Zord replacing) does not mean squat. Remember how impressed we were in the Oysterizer footage how Black Ranger had a "Zyu2 exclusive" Helmet Scope? Not to mention all these other snippets of footage removed from American broadcast such as "Up yours" gestures, ass smacking, and even Baboon tails growing in an erect fashion.

I, for one, enjoy these little moments.

It was why Lokar not being in Bloom of Doom didn't kill me in the least.

The original purpose for the quest for the Zyu2 footage was met.

But by damn it, there's still more. There will always be more for me as for as Tokusatsu and Sentai is concerned. This shit's been going on decades longer than Power Rangers. For all intents and purposes, Zyu2 totally is an official Season of Sentai, and I'm sure in some sort of "50th Super Sentai Anthology" book it will get heavy acknowledgement.

Dramole, in his broadcast episode had a Viewing Globe-exclusive shot of him in some sort of dark background with dust falling over. This feels like a shot of him digging in the ground, he is a mole after all.

Lizzinator has a noticeably long deleted scene in one of his scripts. Including more of the Putties can drive and even the car falling off the cliff.

Pumpkin Rapper has an entire Megazord and Dragonzord fight just waiting to be seen.

The Number system! They say it means nothing, but if that was true, it wouldn't be there, other than to be even more cool lost footage! Is Dramole #1? Is Commander Crayfish #25? I must know! See? There is tons more speculation!

What about that blast Pythor? Why was he created? Was he a Zyuranger/Kakuranger reject?

If I can't get the rest of Zyu2, maybe I might have a better chance of getting all 39 episodes of Metalder subbed in VHS...

I still give props to John "Grnrngr" Greene and Jeff Pruitt for their servises in finding the uncovered footage. I made this thread not to put pressure on you guys to look for more footage, as I realize we as adults have better things to do than sift through old obsolete tapes. Still, that Christmas morning in 2014, was one I will never forget.

I actually do not think Jeff has anymore monsters. The ones we saw all heavily included reshoots to include Z-Putties and "Loosing his Powers" subplot for the Green Ranger. Jeff, after all, was the Stunt Coordinator, it would make sense for him to recieve the Japanese footage for necessary similar shoots.

That all being said, there's not much else out there who might have possibly kept any Zyu2 tapes...
Churlyryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/16, 12:36 PM   #2
KCJ506
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Zyu2 - What's with you?

There's some Zyu2 footage I think that may have been cut in episodes before Zedd arrived. Such as in Plague Of The Mantis, when the others arrive to help Trini, the Mantis easily wipes the floor with them and then Rita makes the monster grow. Usually for Zyu2 monsters, they'd only grow once the rangers had the upperhand. This is what makes me think that there may have been some more footage of the Yellow Rangers beating up the monster before it grows that wasn't used.
KCJ506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/25/16, 12:36 PM   #3
magic713
Putty Patroller

Does anyone know if Zyu2 footage contained shots with the Bandora Gang, or is it just battle footage?
magic713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/25/16, 12:36 PM   #4
KCJ506
Putty Patroller

Pretty certain Zyu2 was just battle footage. Though there was footage of the Bandora gang that wasn't in Zyuranger, but was filmed by Toei for Saban to use in Power Rangers. Often referred to as Zyu 1.5.
KCJ506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/25/16, 12:36 PM   #5
seiya
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Churlyryan View Post
I still give props to John "Grnrngr" Greene and Jeff Pruitt for their servises in finding the uncovered footage. I made this thread not to put pressure on you guys to look for more footage, as I realize we as adults have better things to do than sift through old obsolete tapes. Still, that Christmas morning in 2014, was one I will never forget.

I actually do not think Jeff has anymore monsters. The ones we saw all heavily included reshoots to include Z-Putties and "Loosing his Powers" subplot for the Green Ranger. Jeff, after all, was the Stunt Coordinator, it would make sense for him to recieve the Japanese footage for necessary similar shoots.

That all being said, there's not much else out there who might have possibly kept any Zyu2 tapes...
As much as I love John, Jeff found it and sent it to him and Jeff is the one who unearthed it to begin with. I disagree about not having the rest too. Jeff has said that he likely has it somewhere "in storage". I would pay him whatever he wanted to unearth it and have told him as much. I am with you though, Ryan - I want the other 16 so bad. So much left to see. Preach, Ryan, preach.

YouTube also yanked what Jeff uploaded, so I re-uploaded it:

Zyu2 batch #1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxTaSsvsjJ0

Zyu2 batch #2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK-vdZpWrR4

I have a whole list of things I want to see. Check out my Zyu2 (mostly satirical) blog at http://zyu2ranger.blogspot.com

Hope you had a great holiday.
seiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/25/16, 12:36 PM   #6
powerpackers90
Putty Patroller

Yeah Zyu2 will always be a big deal in the fandom even after all the footage is one day found. It is cool that thanks to the internet footage that was thought to be gone forever can be found in someone's basement and posted online days later. Hell I wouldn't be shocked if when we get closer to the movie release if more things like Zyu2 or maybe even the Bioman pilot gets posted on someones youtube page.

Quote:
There will always be more for me as for as Tokusatsu and Sentai is concerned. This shit's been going on decades longer than Power Rangers. For all intents and purposes, Zyu2 totally is an official Season of Sentai, and I'm sure in some sort of "50th Super Sentai Anthology" book it will get heavy acknowledgement.
While it be cool if TOEI brings this up in a book. I don't think it will be counted as a season on it's own. As it's basically just scenes of Power Rangers filmed on location in Japan really. With footage matching Power Ranger more then Zyuranger. Blue being an inventor, Yellow having more famine poses, Pink being closer to a still alive Green, ext.
powerpackers90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/17, 02:18 PM   #7
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
There is no Lokar. The rumors were fake. It's "just battle footage" Haim Saban commissioned from Toei to make in the Autumn of 1993.
Technically the rumors were never debunked it was just reported by Amit that he saw footage of Lokar in a Zyu2 'episode' but that could've been after they had edited it since no stock shots were seen in the Zyu2 footage.

Quote:
Pumpkin Rapper has an entire Megazord and Dragonzord fight just waiting to be seen.

What about that blast Pythor? Why was he created? Was he a Zyuranger/Kakuranger reject?

yea there are a lot of questions remaining such as the unseen Giant Pumpkin Rapper battle, where Pythor came from and if it was an unseen Zyu2 creation and of course we really don't know what Jeff has in his collection he was only credited for 151-160 of the first season which would've been the following episodes:

Grumble Bee
Two Heads Are Better Than One
Fowl Play
Enter The... Lizzinator
Trick or Treat
On Fins and Needles
Second Chance
Football Season
Mighty Morphin' Mutants
An Oyster Stew

and all of those would include Zyu2 creations so let's see shall we? There would be Grumble Bee, the Two Headed Parrot, Peckster, Lizzinator, Pumpkin Rapper, Slippery Shark, Soccadillo, Rhinoblaster, Commander Crayfish and Oysterizer and out of those it looks like we only have Oysterizer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic713 View Post
Does anyone know if Zyu2 footage contained shots with the Bandora Gang, or is it just battle footage?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
Pretty certain Zyu2 was just battle footage. Though there was footage of the Bandora gang that wasn't in Zyuranger, but was filmed by Toei for Saban to use in Power Rangers. Often referred to as Zyu 1.5.
exactly there was Zyu 1.5 footage that just featured Rita, Goldar, Scorpina, Finster, Squatt and Baboo doing their motions in the Palace but sometimes they were outside but there was Zyu2 footage that focused on new monsters fighting the Rangers along with the Zyuranger mecha you know generally the Dinozords, the Megazord and the Dragonzord and sometimes the ground fights would also include Finster's Putties.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/17, 05:21 PM   #8
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

I wish they would have just made new Zyuranger footage ever year. That way MMPR could have continued.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/17, 05:23 PM   #9
Zeo Mega
Putty Patroller

Zeo.could have been a spin off instead. And if it did well they could have produced Ohranger 2 footage.
Zeo Mega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/17, 05:24 PM   #10
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

It would have been much too expensive. We are lucky they even did the extra footage to begin with. They could have just waited until the next season and used all Dairanger footage if they wanted to hang cheap.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply