Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/22/14, 10:19 AM   #11
VR Master
Power Ranger

Default Re: MMPR considered Cheesy?

I think Galaxy is when PR hit is high point. At least in the early years. Don't see what good can come of PR copying Sentai. Just for the sake of it anyway. I don't automatically hate the Sentai seasons. But they don't need to be Sentai.
VR Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/14, 10:22 AM   #12
Sailor Kitty
Putty Patroller

Why should PR copy Sentai? Power Rangers is its own show. It should just be itself.
Sailor Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/14, 10:26 AM   #13
Dic Dubber
Ranger In Training

Yeah they call it an adaption for a reason. I don't really like Sentai that much. I just read about it since it sometimes tells you what you will see in PR. But Power Rangers is its own thing.
Dic Dubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/14, 10:27 AM   #14
Kilobyte
Ranger In Training

If RPM just copied the Sentai we would have missed out on a great season.
Kilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/14, 10:34 AM   #15
Sailor Chaos
Comic Relief

I thought Galaxy actually got too cheesy during the Lost Galaxy Arch. The first three fourths and finally were good though.
Sailor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/14, 05:11 PM   #16
Mr. CD
Ranger In Training

Turbo had the infamous pizza episode. Lightspeed had an episode that was basically a glorified Easter Egg hunt. Time Force had Ransik forcing Lucus to date his daughter.
Mr. CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/14, 05:12 PM   #17
SpidahMan
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss CD View Post
Turbo had the infamous pizza episode. Lightspeed had an episode that was basically a glorified Easter Egg hunt. Time Force had Ransik forcing Lucus to date his daughter.
And I adored all these episodes. The movieland episodes I mentioned earlier from Time Force is my favorite episode of Time Force and one of my favorite episode of the entire franchise. The Dream Date episode was the only Lucas episode I liked.
SpidahMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/14, 09:07 PM   #18
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentai Is Forever View Post
I liked it when PR started copying Sentai. They really started doing this with Lightspeed Rescue
. Of course its never quite as good as Sentai. Back when I was a kid I liked MMPR and Zeo. Not so much now. Not once I discovered.Sentai.
I don't. Sentai should remain its own thing and its own show. Power Rangers should also remain its own thing as well as its own show regardless of where its footage comes from.
I've enjoyed MMPR and Zeo and most seasons the same as I did when I first saw them even AFTER seeing their Sentai counterparts.
If you let Sentai dictate your enjoyment of a show (or season) then you're bound to hate it since you already expect it to be as high of a standard than most people consider Sentai to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Master View Post
I think Galaxy is when PR hit is high point. At least in the early years. Don't see what good can come of PR copying Sentai. Just for the sake of it anyway. I don't automatically hate the Sentai seasons. But they don't need to be Sentai.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarienandSerena View Post
Why should PR copy Sentai? Power Rangers is its own show. It should just be itself.
Precisely and I completely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dic Dubber View Post
Yeah they call it an adaption for a reason. I don't really like Sentai that much. I just read about it since it sometimes tells you what you will see in PR. But Power Rangers is its own thing.
I like Sentai myself (not every season mind you) but they call Power Rangers an adaptation for a reason and there's also a reason why Saban did not authorize it to be a dub... because what Saban wants Power Rangers to be is to be an adaptation of Sentai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilobyte View Post
If RPM just copied the Sentai we would have missed out on a great season.
Very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Chaos View Post
I thought Galaxy actually got too cheesy during the Lost Galaxy Arch. The first three fourths and finally were good though.
What parts were cheesy? I personally didn't see anything cheesy at all during any part of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss CD View Post
Very true plus MMPR had the one where a monster turned most of the Rangers and civilians into civilians and there was a monster where most of the team were turned into bricks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpidahMan View Post
And I adored all these episodes. The movieland episodes I mentioned earlier from Time Force is my favorite episode of Time Force and one of my favorite episode of the entire franchise. The Dream Date episode was the only Lucas episode I liked.
No doubt, I enjoyed a lot of those episodes as well however none of Lucas' episodes would make it anywhere on my Favorite Episodes List.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/14, 12:26 PM   #19
Starlight Starbrite
Power Ranger

The pizza episode was too out there for me. Turbo was kinda goofy and a step down from MMPR and Zeo.

I didn't mind most of the cheesy stuff in MMPR. It was usually pretty funny and not over done. The Rangers really carried that series though.
Starlight Starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply