Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/12/14, 04:30 PM   #21
cleanuphtr15
Putty Patroller

Default Re: New MMPR TV Pilot?

The idea that they'd be "competing with themselves" is flat out wrong. If ananything, a MMPR TV show that is well done and not super kiddie would help to build excitement for the film. No one is going to sit there and say "we'll shit... There's a show and a movie... I can't watch BOTH!"

The red flag that screams "fake" is the inclusion of Disney. Disney already proved that they want nothing to do with PR. Additionally, partnering with them would seem to go against their current partnership with Nick/Viacom. Finally, if it's being aimed at adults, why is Disney involved? Wouldn't that just be ABC?
cleanuphtr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/14, 04:35 PM   #22
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanuphtr15 View Post
The idea that they'd be "competing with themselves" is flat out wrong. If ananything, a MMPR TV show that is well done and not super kiddie would help to build excitement for the film. No one is going to sit there and say "we'll shit... There's a show and a movie... I can't watch BOTH!"

The red flag that screams "fake" is the inclusion of Disney. Disney already proved that they want nothing to do with PR. Additionally, partnering with them would seem to go against their current partnership with Nick/Viacom. Finally, if it's being aimed at adults, why is Disney involved? Wouldn't that just be ABC?
But the thing is, Entertainment companies think like that. They are usually very careful not to come out with a tv show that is the same as a movie. Smallville wasnt allowed to use Bruce Wayne because of the Batman Movies.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/14, 07:54 AM   #23
AkiraLeeJounouchi
Putty Patroller

Best April Fools Joke in December EVER!!! It would've believeable if they didn't say Disney. Cuz well know Disney not gonna get thier skin under PR anymore. And if they actually thought it out whoever these pranksters are, they should've said it was from the Lionsgate movie. That way it might've been believable. SMH this is what happens when Trolls don't know how to troll.

I Bet you anything that those suits are from Face/Off Season 8. XD
AkiraLeeJounouchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/14, 07:55 AM   #24
sky_queen3
Putty Patroller

Could they be something for the movie, an ad maybe? (Either that or the people are lying to make them seem important to get more money from the sale of the suits.) I checked IMDB for both actors and saw nothing so...

As for the suits themselves, I have mixed feelings about them.
sky_queen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/14, 11:51 AM   #25
AlwaysARanger
Putty Patroller

It's pretty given its fake. Since we know there wouldn't be another tv series going while we got current one just finish airing and next in production. And we know lionsgate film is still only in pre production stage and is still far from going to production. So it's either just plain fake thing. Or it was another fan thing that wouldn't get anywhere.
AlwaysARanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/14, 04:42 PM   #26
UncleBob
Putty Patroller

While I have my own doubts about this - *if* it's real, perhaps Disney is involved due to some weird language in the contract where Saban purchased the rights back from Disney.
UncleBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/14, 04:46 PM   #27
stationx
Putty Patroller

Can we stop humoring a con-artist?
stationx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/14, 04:47 PM   #28
johnboy34
Putty Patroller

till not convinced that this guy has the mental wherewithal to think about replicating that swatch of leather from Sackhoff's tweet. It's not consistent with the other cons he's been involved with, which all showed a marked lack of effort (trying to sell the same unaltered jumpsuit three times as a different prop; selling random everyday junk with unsubstantiated claims that it appeared in the background of a film). Focusing in on such a tiny detail, and creating the pattern of damage and burns exactly, isn't the style this guy is notorious for, especially since he'd have to be following Sackhoff's tweets to even know about it and his Twitter account hasn't been active since August 2012.

On top of that, he's actually sold real movie props on occasion, so it's not like this would be unprecedented. Maybe it's a Funny or Die/College Humor sketch, or some other unofficial parody. Whatever it is, I don't think it's simply the work of one degenerate shill.
johnboy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/14, 04:49 PM   #29
stationx
Putty Patroller

llector who sells nothing without any sort of proof of authenticity is automatically suspicious to me and why wouldn't he post a picture of the damage from his suit to compare to the picture that she posted? Why is it the job of people who are going to be bidding on it to compare that picture with his full body shot of the suit. He posted that picture as part of the auction like it means something, but fails to post a picture of his own where that damage matches up on the suit in his possession. All we have is "It sorta looks like the same."

Add to the fact that a lot of his stuff he gets, according to the people on that website, is through dumpster diving so even if he did find these suits (and the suits alone I guarantee because the rest is mismatched helmets & accessories you can buy off of eBay) he would have no idea what they're from let alone who was involved.
stationx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/14, 04:50 PM   #30
ASpice92
Putty Patroller

I don't think it works like that.
ASpice92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply